Coors Light is it a ladies drink?

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 26, 2007, 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Coors Light a beverage just to be enjoyed by the ladies out there,or can a man be a man and still drink Coors Light?

A ladies drink end of story
51 (38.9%)
Yes a man can get away with drinking it
80 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Louth Exile

The czech beer is tasty alright, can't imagine too many will agree with this one but you can get a nice pint of Harp in Dundalk !!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hound on June 28, 2007, 02:03:38 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 27, 2007, 05:07:24 PM
On a similar note to Coors light being a Beures drink, I have started drinking pints of Carlsberg-Shandys for about the last 6 months, the lads are refusing to include me in rounds anymore, seriously you try and be a bit responsible & you become a social periah(God I need to work on the oulde spelling). Are Lager Shandys better, worse or much the same as drinking light beer.
If you're trying to be responsible then shandys are better than light beer, coz light beer isnt light in alcohol!
Light beers were invented for burds, gays, and young blokes who dye their hair. But if they taste nice, I don't see the problem.

Stella is often referred to as "WifeBeater", for obvious reasons. Best to steer clear methinks!

I ain't no burd or gay or young even and i don't have enough hair too dye it :-[
Still i like the auld Coors Light
Biggest pile of phish on the market is Heineken or as posh knobs call it Heino!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

While i want to knock the legs off meself there is only 1* drink i turn to, double tequila and orange juice. Its feckin lovely and leathal. So give it a try before ye say ya cant tequila, it really does change the taste.

* sometimes double gin and bitter, brandy & bailey, sambuka, jagermeister or just half a gallon of red aftershock if im in a hurry

Square Ball

no mention of Buckie or QC. Loads of the boys from west belfast used to drink a 15 glass bottle of the stuff every night.

Carlsberg is the drink for me, used to drink Harp then was bought a pint of Carlsberg and the rest, as they say, is history. Years ago the Garrick used to do Fosters on tap, do they do this anywhere at the minute?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Queens Union used to do the Fosters on tap, haven't been in a while though

john mcgill

Sitting in a pub in California with a couple of pints of liquid theraphy down me.  I was talking to a football coach at the bar and noticed that he was drinking coors Lite.  I asked him if it was a girls drink. He looked surprisedd and said it probably was.  You see the influence this board has on me.  One thing I noticed was that the label of Coors goes blue when it is at the correct chill level.

The Real Laoislad

Was out for a few pints with one of the builders im doing sub contracting work for.
This fella is at least 6ft5 and built like a brick shit house.
So not wanting to look like a ponce i ordered a pint of Guinness and guess what the Builder asked for??
A pint of Coors Light :o Because he said he was on a diet!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

southdown

What does anyone think of the Magners/Bulmers Light?

Personally, you cant beat an ice cold pint of Kronenberg 1664

neutral

Does Harp give anyone here the skitter?

Hardy

No.

But that might be because I never drink it.

In fact it's beyond my understanding how anybody can stomach those fizzy yellow beverages they laughingly call "lager" or, in America, "beer". And as for tinned "beer" - ugh!

dubinhell

Always found that Coors Light (in the US) would give me terrible hangovers

I'm a Guinness man when at home in Ireland. Now that i live in Wales i don't know what to drink..Guinness is destroyed, lager generally tastes a bit funny and not really into the real ale. On Carling at the moment after swearing i'd never touch it  ;D  I do like Theakston's Old Peculiar but it's up there with Stella for being looney juice

Davitt Man

Quote from: dubinhell on July 20, 2007, 03:01:25 PM
but it's up there with Stella for being looney juice

who ya!! go on the Stella, cant wait for the bank holiday weekend on the stella!!

lynchbhoy

I like trying diff drinks
Guinness is the pub fav
but at home if its not red vino (the fad for Italian 2003 chianti classico riserva has been replaced by Bordeaux 2003 or earlier)
then I quite like the following ales/beers
Abbott ale, old speckled hen, hens tooth, inis & gunn, hobgobblin, double drop, spitfire, bombadier, Peroni premium

I tried creme de menthe at a wedding last year to see what the Pope likes about it.
Cant rem what th hell it tasted like, minty I think, but I barely rem buying it.

Coors light is fine in the states. Wouldnt buy too much of it over here. I wouldnt call it a ladies drink though

Tony Baloney

QuoteI tried creme de menthe at a wedding last year to see what the Pope likes about it.
Cant rem what th hell it tasted like, minty I think, but I barely rem buying it.

Probably tasted minty and creamy! The "creme" and "menthe" parts should be a giveaway  ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 20, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
QuoteI tried creme de menthe at a wedding last year to see what the Pope likes about it.

Probably tasted minty and creamy! The "creme" and "menthe" parts should be a giveaway  ;D
prob not creamy - usual thing about most products , they could be doing with a re-write with a nod to the trade descriptions act

if it was creamy I'd prob boke up