Horrible Neigbours

Started by Would ye whist, October 02, 2026, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 07, 2026, 04:21:15 PMI did try having a civil word with him about the dog and it turned into him accusing me of threatening him, to him abusing me and calling me all sorts of names, unfortunately this guy is similar to a small Austrian dictator who started mayhem, being civil doesn't as he is always right

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2026, 03:58:48 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 07, 2026, 03:51:59 PMI do not think I can leave it, he boils my piss, it took all I had to not throttle him when I seen him out in the garden the other day, also he has started doing this sarcastic waving when he passes in the car, wouldn't be brave enough to try and speak out of the car however

Quote from: DaleCooper on October 07, 2026, 11:22:14 AMI did say escalate but tbh its not a good idea. If someone is being that petty then theres potential for severe over reaction.

Dont feed the troll.
Have you spoken to him about the bus scenario and how much extra hassle it is for you which trumps any impact to the tarmac you paid for. I'd try having a man to man chat with him about and the inconvenience it is causing, especially coming into winter months.
Fair enough. Get the diesel can out!

Smokin Joe

Some craic if his neighbour is a GAAboard member  ;D

Would ye whist

He is not a GAA man, if he was I would hope someone would have knocked the aul crap out of him what has made him such an aul fishwife

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 07, 2026, 05:10:59 PMSome craic if his neighbour is a GAAboard member  ;D

grounded

Quote from: Would ye whist on October 02, 2026, 11:23:30 AMJust wanted to throw this out there to make myself feel better insofar as we are not the only ones with horrible neighbours.

We live out in the country with a neighbour beside us with a shared road spay. Recently our son started dropping his kids to us as he is back in an office and a school education authority bus picks the kids aged 9 & 7 from the road spay. Yesterday my son got a call from the bus driver to say he can no longer pick the kids up as the neighbours have complained about the bus pulling onto the spay which they fear will damage the tarmac, tarmac we paid for and did not ask them for a contribution as you know what it was an extra few hundred quid to do their part also. The bus driver said as he cannot use the spay he feels it is unsafe and now the kids can't get the bus.

This goes back in my opinion to the fact during that during the summer we were routinely being woken up after midnight by his dog being let out to pee and no one supervising said dog. I approached him (in a civil manner) the next day and asked was their anything he could do to control the dog at that time of night, he reacted by accusing me of threatening him (I did not) and then by abusing me calling me a t*at etc.

I really cannot understand the mentality of some people and I honestly do not want to get into a tit for tat with them, however, I really cannot stand the sight of them now.

Anyone else with joyous neighbours?

You can be guaranteed he has some other historical grudge against you or your family, even some perceived slight you might not even realise.
     Unfortunately people like this thrive on these things and can make your life a misery. 
     
   

Would ye whist

I would very much doubt that as I am not originally from the area nor are my family, we are blowins. Never met these people until we moved in here and at the start all was fine, bit of old passing chat etc. Then boom I dared asked him to not have the dog barking at 1am and he has turned into a nasty git. I have heard from others in the town that they are a nasty piece of work who seem to thrive on conflict. Such is life   

Quote from: grounded on Today at 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 02, 2026, 11:23:30 AMJust wanted to throw this out there to make myself feel better insofar as we are not the only ones with horrible neighbours.

We live out in the country with a neighbour beside us with a shared road spay. Recently our son started dropping his kids to us as he is back in an office and a school education authority bus picks the kids aged 9 & 7 from the road spay. Yesterday my son got a call from the bus driver to say he can no longer pick the kids up as the neighbours have complained about the bus pulling onto the spay which they fear will damage the tarmac, tarmac we paid for and did not ask them for a contribution as you know what it was an extra few hundred quid to do their part also. The bus driver said as he cannot use the spay he feels it is unsafe and now the kids can't get the bus.

This goes back in my opinion to the fact during that during the summer we were routinely being woken up after midnight by his dog being let out to pee and no one supervising said dog. I approached him (in a civil manner) the next day and asked was their anything he could do to control the dog at that time of night, he reacted by accusing me of threatening him (I did not) and then by abusing me calling me a t*at etc.

I really cannot understand the mentality of some people and I honestly do not want to get into a tit for tat with them, however, I really cannot stand the sight of them now.

Anyone else with joyous neighbours?

You can be guaranteed he has some other historical grudge against you or your family, even some perceived slight you might not even realise.
     Unfortunately people like this thrive on these things and can make your life a misery. 
     
   

AustinPowers

#35
Quote from: Would ye whist on Today at 08:52:27 AMI would very much doubt that as I am not originally from the area nor are my family, we are blowins. Never met these people until we moved in here and at the start all was fine, bit of old passing chat etc. Then boom I dared asked him to not have the dog barking at 1am and he has turned into a nasty git. I have heard from others in the town that they are a nasty piece of work who seem to thrive on conflict. Such is life   

Quote from: grounded on Today at 08:17:23 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 02, 2026, 11:23:30 AMJust wanted to throw this out there to make myself feel better insofar as we are not the only ones with horrible neighbours.

We live out in the country with a neighbour beside us with a shared road spay. Recently our son started dropping his kids to us as he is back in an office and a school education authority bus picks the kids aged 9 & 7 from the road spay. Yesterday my son got a call from the bus driver to say he can no longer pick the kids up as the neighbours have complained about the bus pulling onto the spay which they fear will damage the tarmac, tarmac we paid for and did not ask them for a contribution as you know what it was an extra few hundred quid to do their part also. The bus driver said as he cannot use the spay he feels it is unsafe and now the kids can't get the bus.

This goes back in my opinion to the fact during that during the summer we were routinely being woken up after midnight by his dog being let out to pee and no one supervising said dog. I approached him (in a civil manner) the next day and asked was their anything he could do to control the dog at that time of night, he reacted by accusing me of threatening him (I did not) and then by abusing me calling me a t*at etc.

I really cannot understand the mentality of some people and I honestly do not want to get into a tit for tat with them, however, I really cannot stand the sight of them now.

Anyone else with joyous neighbours?

You can be guaranteed he has some other historical grudge against you or your family, even some perceived slight you might not even realise.
     Unfortunately people like this thrive on these things and can make your life a misery. 
     
   

In recent times, I think dogs seem to  be a  clashing point for many neighbours.  We generally have good neighbours, but   I have had to say to  a  couple of people about  cleaning up shite. Not in a confrontational way , just  "ah, did you forget your bags? I have  one in the car/pocket if you need one".  Turns out the dog  just had a piss usually , but it's  just about putting it in their heads, I'm keeping an eye on you.  Make sure you  pick up your shite. You're not a feckin child.

One neighbour got a new dog ,  took it for a walk and it shit at another neighbours gate, and he left it. Neighbour tackled him  abruptly, and he was affronted  that the man   wouldn't want  dog shit outside their front door. He was telling me, and I said he was  correct  to give out to you. Just clean up your shite, it's  not hard. He still didn't really seem to  get it.