NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Barney on October 12, 2007, 11:50:10 PM
Why do the Titans have a throwback jersey when they are a relatively new franchise?

The throwback jersey is for New York (jets) who were previously the Titans.  Like most other throwback uniforms this year they look rotton.

I'd say your thinking of the Tennesse Titans who are not a relatively new franchise, they were just known as the Houston Oilers before they relocated and changed name.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Balboa

WR Chris Chambers traded to San Diego Chargers for 2nd round draft pick. The 0-6 Dolphins just got worse...........

Gabriel_Hurl

you have something in common with them then Balboa

:D :D :D :D :D

Anyway - talk has surfaced of the NFL actually hosting the Superbowl in London in the near future

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3065254

QuoteSCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- A future Super Bowl champion may someday be crowned overseas in a game witnessed predominantly by a foreign audience, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said.

"There's a great deal of interest in holding a Super Bowl in London," Goodell told reporters Monday. "So we'll be looking at that."

The commissioner said London's new Wembley Stadium would make a great candidate for pro football's biggest matchup, given the enthusiasm overseas for the game.

The NFL has been expanding its overseas presence for years by televising games around the world. It's held preseason games in numerous countries in Europe, Asia, Mexico and Canada, and in 2005, the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers played the first regular-season match outside the United States.

The game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City drew the league's largest crowd to date, 103,467.

On Oct. 28, Wembley will host the first regular-season NFL game outside North America. It took just 90 minutes to sell the first 40,000 tickets for the game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants. Goodell said event organizers have sold 95,000 tickets in all.

Goodell spoke about the possibility of a British Super Bowl after a luncheon Monday in Scottsdale sponsored by the host committee for the 2008 Super Bowl in Arizona.

DrinkingHarp

What would be the capacity in London for a NFL game ?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Balboa on October 16, 2007, 07:59:17 PM
WR Chris Chambers traded to San Diego Chargers for 2nd round draft pick. The 0-6 Dolphins just got worse...........

Dolphins getting ready for next year already, quick season that was!!

AZOffaly

Sorry for the lack of reports lads. I'm in a training course this week and don't have sufficient blocks of free time to do it. It takes me about an hour and a half to pull them together.

Suffice to say the Faithful Turfmen are stuggling big time!

Balboa

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 17, 2007, 06:28:04 AM
Quote from: Balboa on October 16, 2007, 07:59:17 PM

Dolphins getting ready for next year already, quick season that was!!

This match in London is going to be a tanking session if the Giants keep improving and the Dolphins keep........not improving !

AZOffaly

Well we'll be tanked watching it :D

Balboa

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2007, 09:28:57 AM
Well we'll be tanked watching it :D

Guaranteed, £9 a drink no doubt......

AZOffaly

A Naggin (for the cold) in the sock so :D

thejuice

Better not be 9 quid a pint, we'll have to get fucked outside the stadium, speaking of which theres and Irish bar right beisde the stadium, literally a 2 minute walk. Might pop in there before hand. Alot of miami fans from Miami have decided to not make the trip to london and tickets are going back on sale. Also according to some people on the Irish American Football League Forum, ticketmaster have decided not to deliver any tickets to Ireland(is that true to everyone here) but you'll have to collect them at the stadium once you bring photographic ID. Some people who didnt buy on thier own card may be screwed and ticketmaster have made no guarrentee on whether it will actually be possible to collet tickets at the stadium as it will be handled by Wembley and not ticketmaster.

Basically Ticketmaster fucked up in getting the tickets out in time and decided to f**k their Irish customers over, to make up for it!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

fntn

kinda glad i didnt get tickets now. the dolphins are a joke

Balboa

Mine came last week so thankfully no problems.

bombidal

The biggest problem I find with the Yahoo fantasy football is the way whomever sits in on a Sunday night has a huge advantage. Just sit and wait for a key player to go down and pick up his back up. Now im as guilty as anyone of this as most of the the time im in work on a Sunday anyway, but I feel its unfair on the majority.
The nfl.com fantasy league doesnt allow this. You cannot pick up a player until wednesday morning and who ever is first on the the waiver wire ( the player doing worst in the league ) has first shout. Also there is real time scoring updates and you dont have a defence player on your team. I have been in a league for the past 3 years on nfl.com and it is light years ahead. just a though for next year....
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***