NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I'd always be wary of backing the Cards to win anything, although at 5/2 they would be a decent bet. They're 3-2 at the moment, 2-1 in the division, and with their two losses coming by 6 points total. The problem is they have never won anything, so are liable to lose stupid games.

The QB position is much more definite now, as Leinhart broke a collarbone yesterday. Whether that's a good thing remains to be seen, as Warner certainly didn't do the business when he was last in situ, although to be fair he had absolutely no O-Line or running game back then, and both of those areas have definitely improved, albeit with a long way to go. For my money, the Seahawks look fragile as well, and I think the niners wouldn't be too far away, because they have a good physical defence.

For a laugh I'll try and be neutral and go through the remaining fixtures and see what I end up with.

Arizona Cardinals :

Carolina WIN
@Washington LOSE
@Tampa Bay WIN
Detroit WIN
@Cincinnati LOSE
San Francisco WIN
Cleveland WIN
@Seattle LOSE
@New Orleans WIN
Atlanta WIN
Saint Louis WIN   

That gives them 11-5 record. That's probably too generous, and you can expect them to maybe slip up at home to Detroit, and/or away to Tampa Bay and/or away to New Orleans.

Seattle Seahawks
New Orleans WIN
Saint Louis WIN
@Cleveland LOSE
San Francisco WIN
Chicago LOSE
@Saint Louis WIN
@Philadelphia LOSE
Arizona WIN
@Carolina WIN
Baltimore LOSE
@Atlanta WIN

That gives them 10-6, but again they may do better than expected at home to Chicago and Baltimore.

San Francisco
@New York Giants LOSE
New Orleans WIN
@Atlanta WIN
@Seattle LOSE
Saint Louis WIN
@Arizona LOSE
@Carolina LOSE
Minnesota WIN
Cincinnati LOSE
Tampa Bay WIN
@Cleveland LOSE

that has them at only 7-9.

Jaysus, according to this I'm tipping the Cardinals. Forgetaboutit.

ONeill

What are my chances of pulling her off tonight AZ?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Sorry I didn't get a chance to do a round up today, poxy work, but O'Neill, to answer your question I'd be shocked if you didn't pull that back. The only way Brad Johnson will play is if Tony Romo gets hurt, or the Cowboys are winning by 30 points in the 4th quarter. Julius Jones and JAson Witten could probably get you the 4 points you need by themselves, but together they should easily cover it.

Balboa

Quote from: ONeill on October 08, 2007, 05:30:51 PM
What are my chances of pulling her off tonight AZ?

Is ir not usually the other way round O'Neill or is it a Tyrone thing?  :o

Gabriel_Hurl

Dinny Breen

What happened Tony Romo? Not that I'm complaining  :)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

He threw 5 interceptions in his worst start of the season. Unreal that they still managed to win despite that.

AZOffaly

BALLAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake Delhomme is out for the season with his elbow injury. He's having an operation on it. The big soft shite.

At 1-4, and with only 1 QB now, it's good night and good luck for the Turfmen.

turk

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 08, 2007, 02:46:19 PM

As for this week, I'm staring down my third consecutive monday night waiting to be reeled in. I can't keep getting away with this stuff! If it wasn't for Kitna throwing loose passes as the game was over I'd have been spared the Washington D getting quite the obscene tally that they did....

that's two years running now!

Balboa

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 09, 2007, 09:19:46 AM
He threw 5 interceptions in his worst start of the season. Unreal that they still managed to win despite that.

Cowboys fron office will be happy if he keeps throwing interceptions and they keep winning !! If he has a great season he will be getting a huge contract.

Lone Shark

Quote from: turk on October 09, 2007, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: Lone Shark on October 08, 2007, 02:46:19 PM

As for this week, I'm staring down my third consecutive monday night waiting to be reeled in. I can't keep getting away with this stuff! If it wasn't for Kitna throwing loose passes as the game was over I'd have been spared the Washington D getting quite the obscene tally that they did....

that's two years running now!

16 points from a kicker to do me in, and losing with the third highest score of the week. The pain of it.  :-[

fntn

cant believe i got beat on the monday night as a defensive player scored 23 points  >:(

Rossie11

Quotecant believe i got beat on the monday night as a defensive player scored 23 points
Terence Mcgee take a bow...  :)

the Deel Rover

your on a bit of a run Rossie
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossie11

Quoteyour on a bit of a run Rossie
when my defensive back has scored more than the combined total of my 1st draft pick and my 2 QBs I think that sums up where my season is going..