AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Kieran mc Geeney must be the most unlucky supremo never seems to get any luck.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2023, 10:03:38 PM
Bar the black card which was very wrong I thought ref did well enough. I'm sure there will be an influx of Armagh ones crying about the ref but they have only themselves to blame, same as in ulster final.
I have to admit there was a thoughtful consistency about the way he reffed the game. It's safe to say that the black card did not impact the result even had Armagh prevailed in the penalties.

Rudi

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 01, 2023, 09:42:47 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 01, 2023, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 01, 2023, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2023, 08:47:56 PM
Fair fucks Monaghan.

Keep coming year after year putting larger counties to shame.

Absolutely. Punching way above their weight year after year and good luck to them in the semi final.
We don't, this is our weight. We have a good academy structure, an excellent ethos and a good future. We are Monaghan!

We all saw Monaghan's true "weight" against a piss poor Donegal side.

Was that a knock out championship game?
Corey targets games, fair play. One of the favourites for the drop & now in the All Ireland semi, fair play.

CK_Redhand

I noticed and Murphy on commentary mentioned also the Armagh players reacting to every penalty with fist pumps etc. Monaghan seemed a lot more measured. Surely that emotion is draining to the players and they aren't mentally set to make the right decision next time round. I'm not a sports psychologist but I wonder if that is something coached or more of a team culture that develops naturally.

imtommygunn

Corey has done a great job. Comes across a decent sort too so nice to see. Monaghan aren't a huge county but consistently are among the top teams in the country. Fair play to them.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on July 01, 2023, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 01, 2023, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2023, 08:47:56 PM
Fair fucks Monaghan.

Keep coming year after year putting larger counties to shame.

Absolutely. Punching way above their weight year after year and good luck to them in the semi final.
We don't, this is our weight. We have a good academy structure, an excellent ethos and a good future. We are Monaghan!

You could teach our lot a few things in terms of how a county structure should be set up and run, that's for sure.

reddgnhand

general_lee

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2023, 10:03:38 PM
Bar the black card which was very wrong I thought ref did well enough. I'm sure there will be an influx of Armagh ones crying about the ref but they have only themselves to blame, same as in ulster final.
Why would we blame the ref? If players can't put the ball in the net when one on one then they've no business winning. If the management haven't the balls to press when there's an extra man for ten mins  then  they deserve to lose.

imtommygunn

Tbh I think armagh and Tyrone could do with new management.

naka

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 10:13:42 PM
Is it over for Geezer?
Thought we didn't want to lose more than going to win
Criminal tactics in extra time when we were a man up
Think it's time for a different leader
Just fed up
We aren't a bad side just need to go for it

reddgnhand

Quote from: naka on July 01, 2023, 10:17:12 PM
Is it over for Geezer?
Just fed up
Grugan goes for goal scores game was over.

Itchy

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 01, 2023, 10:19:09 PM
Quote from: naka on July 01, 2023, 10:17:12 PM
Is it over for Geezer?
Just fed up
Grugan goes for goal scores game was over.

Grugans was too tight an angle, Campbell was the one that needed to go for goal

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 10:12:01 PM
Corey has done a great job. Comes across a decent sort too so nice to see. Monaghan aren't a huge county but consistently are among the top teams in the country. Fair play to them.

Would agree, didnt feel the need to shoulder an opposition player at the end of normal time either. Very measured fella. Monaghan deserved to win this game. Good spread of very talented players too. Armagh have very good players,  but need changes on the line, far to conservative in their approach.

ardtole

I heard tonight from a Derry man, that Donaghy has been approached to join the Down coaching team.

Mario

Is it over for Geezer?
Be careful what you wish for, Armagh have had very little success at underage level or club level. McGeeney has done well with the squad he has. Narrative seems to be different for Armagh than Monaghan but it should be the same.