Saffrongael

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2023, 08:44:54 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on July 01, 2023, 08:43:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2023, 08:40:07 PM
I'd no idea they'd  put them through the ringer the second time! :o

Will they go a third time? ;D

Yeah has to be the same players

That's a daft an unfair rule, you'd feel for the poor lad who missed twice

Yeah and they pushed him down the rotation the second time, obviously hoping he wouldn't have to take another one
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Really unfair on that poor fella cummiskey.

Tbh, and I say as a neutral, Armagh really need to look at their tactics. They must be infuriating to support playing like that considering the players at their disposal.

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 08:46:20 PM

Tbh, and I say as a neutral, Armagh really need to look at their tactics. They must be infuriating to support playing like that considering the players at their disposal.

He hit his penalties from the same spot and against the same keeper as the rest of them. It was entirely fair.

thewobbler

So far, these knockouts have been a victory for football.

The team with the lesser players has no choice but to try to keep it close. Armagh (like Galway and Roscommon last week) were so f**king wedded to the idea that they had prevent defeat rather than try to win... and now all 3 have got what they deserved.

J70

Fair fucks Monaghan.

Keep coming year after year putting larger counties to shame.

markl121

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2023, 08:46:20 PM

Lol

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on July 01, 2023, 08:47:08 PM

The team with the lesser players has no choice but to try to keep it close. Armagh (like Galway and Roscommon last week) were so f**king wedded to the idea that they had prevent defeat rather than try to win... and now all 3 have got what they deserved.
Is it a deliberate tactic to close up or just a lack of confidence in their own game?

Captain Obvious

Bloody penalties again! Seven minutes added in a ten minute period in extra time allowed Monaghan into that shootout.

Main Street

The turnover kings and the penalty kings prevail.
I take it that both sets of fans went through exactly the same gut wrenching experience for 100mins and in the end it was a toss of the coin.
But God was on our side :)

thewobbler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 01, 2023, 08:48:47 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 01, 2023, 08:47:08 PM

Is it a deliberate tactic to close up or just a lack of confidence in their own game?

It's even simpler than that. It's managers who don't trust their players.

Idiots.

naka

Quote from: highorlow on July 01, 2023, 08:19:54 PM
Lane will give Monaghan a soft free for the draw
Fking soft free

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2023, 08:49:55 PM
Bloody penalties again! Seven minutes added in a ten minute period in extra time allowed Monaghan into that shootout.

Because Murnin (?) was lying injured with over 20 secs left on the clock. Should Monaghan not get that time to get a shot off considering the game was stopped for an Armagh injury??

RedHand88

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2023, 08:49:55 PM

Grugan (?) was down with cramp for maybe 5 or 6 minutes getting treatment in injury time.

Edit - might have been murnin yes.