Started by Captain Scarlet, May 09, 2023, 05:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 10, 2023, 05:34:35 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 10, 2023, 05:18:06 PM
GAA statement

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-corrects-record-on-vmtv-statement/
"GAA corrects record on VMTV statement"
The GAA conducted a thorough investigation into themselves and found no wrongdoing.
Shorter version :  "VMTV are awful hoors"

bennydorano

Quote from: weareros on May 10, 2023, 06:12:58 PM
I think the Munster Hurling championship will have every game broadcast live (half on RTE, half on GAAGo) and they are complaining. Fantastic games I agree and Clare Limerick was top class. But this is really the privileged armchair GAA classes complaining. Sick of it at this stage.
I'm sick of seeing armchair supporters being bandied about as a catch all term for people who oppose GAAGO. Most GAA people primarily support their own county and travel to watch their matches, they generally watch other county games on TV, are we not effected by this gouging as well? I really resent this GAAGO shite.

weareros

Quote from: bennydorano on May 10, 2023, 06:44:52 PM
Quote from: weareros on May 10, 2023, 06:12:58 PM
I think the Munster Hurling championship will have every game broadcast live (half on RTE, half on GAAGo) and they are complaining. Fantastic games I agree and Clare Limerick was top class. But this is really the privileged armchair GAA classes complaining. Sick of it at this stage.
I'm sick of seeing armchair supporters being bandied about as a catch all term for people who oppose GAAGO. Most GAA people primarily support their own county and travel to watch their matches, they generally watch other county games on TV, are we not effected by this gouging as well? I really resent this GAAGO shite.
€79 for a season is hardly gouging. They could kill the app and will Virgin media be stepping in to provide replacement  free air coverage. Streaming I feel is a great advancement on the past. It's enables more access to movies, to music, and now sport. I believe the critics are forgetting that this is extra coverage than what was available in the past.

Rossfan

Connacht Council stream a load of their matches, Minor, u20, FBD, Club etc.
Those games of course aren't "sexy" enough to have Politicians spouting hot air about free access to games.
Could I point out that people who attend games have to pay to get in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SHEEDY

15 euro into the Tailteann cup games this weekend is the issue I'd have with gaa. Gaago issue is being driven by people that want to watch matches on TV, the people that are attending the games are also being asked to spend a lot of money in a very short time frame. Price the games sensibly especially when there's games now every week.
nil satis nisi optimum

Rossfan

€10 would be enough for TC group games and free u16s.
It's €25 for the Sam group games, €20 would be more than enough.
A bit of marketing , 3 game packages, family and Club deals etc. wouldnt have gone amiss either.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 11, 2023, 09:03:03 AM
15 euro into the Tailteann cup games this weekend is the issue I'd have with gaa. Gaago issue is being driven by people that want to watch matches on TV, the people that are attending the games are also being asked to spend a lot of money in a very short time frame. Price the games sensibly especially when there's games now every week.

Yeah exactly. GAAGo issue being overplayed. It's not dear at all if you subscribe

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on May 11, 2023, 10:10:11 AM
A bit of marketing , 3 game packages, family and Club deals etc. wouldnt have gone amiss either.
absolutely. People won't fork out 3 weeks in row for group games I don't think

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 11, 2023, 10:12:49 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 11, 2023, 10:10:11 AM
absolutely. People won't fork out 3 weeks in row for group games I don't think

A lot of people will only attend one game. If they offer 3 games for 40 euro you could easily get people going to extra games. There seems to be no push at all in the gaa authorities to sell the games to increase attendances. It all feels very short sighted. Same with season ticket - they have squeezed every drop of value out of them for loyal fans. For any other organisation you save money using a season ticket.

Eire90

the thing with firestick you need connections and deal with dodgy people.

smort

I paid 49euro for gaago around Christmas time as they had an offer on. Great value already and championship season just really getting under way

RedHand88

Other sports have ones in queues for years to get season tickets where they will then spend £600 a year on tickets to follow their team.

Are GAA people a bit tight? Is it a country thing?

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2023, 07:50:51 PM
Other sports have ones in queues for years to get season tickets where they will then spend £600 a year on tickets to follow their team.

You are watching AmateurPlayers and people hold gripes when asked to pay for that. The GAA patronage have always seen it's organisation as a predominately volunteer organistaion.

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 11, 2023, 09:31:14 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2023, 07:50:51 PM

You are watching AmateurPlayers and people hold gripes when asked to pay for that. The GAA patronage have always seen it's organisation as a predominately volunteer organistaion.

It is a volunteer organisation, but it is not free to run.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B