Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Barcelona-lite given fergie a head lght. whats it gonna be like in wembley?!

Blowitupref

Quote from: The Worker on May 02, 2011, 01:29:00 PM
Barcelona-lite given fergie a head lght. whats it gonna be like in wembley?!

???
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Question for United fans

Which would be the most disappointing? Schalke knocking United out after having one foot in final or United leading league for most of the season only for Chelsea to pip them at the post.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

Definitely the latter. I suspect neither will occur though.

Shrewdness

My main concern about United right now is that the goals are drying up at just the wrong time.

Since they beat Chelsea at Old Trafford in the Champions League, they have played 5 games, and failed to score in 3 of them (City in cup, Newcastle and Arsenal).
The winner against Everton stemmed originally from Distin failing to clear a routine ball in his own half, and whilst they did manage 2 in Germany, it took about 10 or 11 shots at goal to get them.

After Hernandez and Rooney, nobody else is scoring on a regular basis. We've had token goals lately from Valencia, Park and Giggs, but nobody else is scoring since Berbatov fell out of favour and then got injured.
Earlier in the season, some of Berbatov's goals were the crucial difference between drawing and actually winning games.....Lately, United are missing those goals.

After an excellent season, i feel that Nani is going off the boil in general play and has stopped scoring.
Anderson, Carrick, Gibson and the modern day Scholes aren't going to give us many goals, so is it now down to Rooney and Hernandez to win it for us.

If United avoid defeat next weekend, i believe they'll do enough to clinch the record breaking 19'th title.
But if anything should go wrong next Saturday, it's gone in my opinion.

Something to bear in mind about the match away to Blackburn.....Last season it ended 0-0 at the same stage of the season and played a key part in costing Utd the title.
Even in 1999, when the Treble was won, there was a late season 0-0 draw at Ewood Park which provided the point that beat Arsenal.

We never got to grips with our away form this season, so this season's game at Ewood has DRAW stamped all over it for me, plus 3 points at home to Blackpool.

So that's 4 more points, plus whatever we get against Chelsea.

Will that be enough to regain the title.......Time will tell.

Dave

Good post Shrewdness first sensible post I have seen from a United fan on here.

ross4life

Blowitupref also the latter.

Just like last season the Chelsea Old Trafford game will decide the title & just like last year all United need in this fixture is a draw. lack of goals is indeed a worry but next Sundays game is made for Rooney! remember he was injured last year.

First up Schalke on Wednesday... rumour has it fergie will make 7/8 changes to the starting line up, if United can finish the job it will give them huge confidence going into Sundays game.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2011, 09:12:58 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

Nah, I think an amnesty is declared sometime in April, and 5 cards doesn't mean a suspension. I think it moves up to 7 or 10.

Norf Tyrone

That's the bit I like. I've never have not will have I'd say a less nervous end to the season. Coming from 15 points back you tend to feel like you have little to lose and loads to gain. I'll enjoy spooking reds this week!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Farrandeelin

In all fairness I would prefer if it was settled by a last minute (preferably injury time) goal against Blackpool on the last day though. Makes it all more interesting!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2011, 09:55:44 PM

That's the bit I like. I've never have not will have I'd say a less nervous end to the season. Coming from 15 points back you tend to feel like you have little to lose and loads to gain. I'll enjoy spooking reds this week!  :)

I hope Chelsea's performance is better than my English!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2011, 10:49:34 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game
after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

I thought Ross4life had hacked into your account.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2011, 11:33:00 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game

Upcoming title decider & no Chelsea colours/crest from Minder? I'm generally shocked!!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Quote from: ross4life on May 02, 2011, 11:53:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2011, 11:33:00 PM

Upcoming title decider & no Chelsea colours/crest from Minder? I'm generally shocked!!

When it come's to title deciders nothing will beat this i think  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiBIdtUKhs