Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2010, 12:50:14 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2010, 12:23:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2010, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2010, 11:12:04 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 19, 2010, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2010, 12:22:05 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321675/Wayne-Rooney-Id-join-Manchester-City.html

Where in this article does he say he would join City?

Have to say that headline has to be in the running for the most misleading headline ever.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole Rooney thing is just a load of old shite??

The story is now starting to turn towards Rooney not being happy with lack of investment in new 'world class' players. Could it all be a cunning plan to get $$$ from the americans?

Oh sneaky. That's why they dropped points against WBA, and VDS threw wan into the net.

Crafty, crafty.

Summer 2009 Englands Lionheart JT pleads to be allowed talk to Manchester City.....................

Several weeks later nice fat new contract. Hmmm I wonder

Several months later, the double. And we all lived happilly efter after..... The End.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mountainboii

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 19, 2010, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 18, 2010, 02:15:10 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 18, 2010, 12:35:18 PM
It it's a choice between keeping the manager or Rooney I reckon the club should bite the bullet and show the dinosaur that is Ferguson out the door. He is past his sell by date-doing a great impersonation of the late Brian Clough in his latter days as manager. Some baffling decisions. Rooney will be a top player long after Fergie has left the scene

Any United Supporter who thinks the above is seriously a sorry individual. Fergie has had one way traffic with funds(leaving the club), over the last couple of years. He is dealing with a slave club to the Glaziers. How he is keeping the Club at the top is a minor miracle. There's little or no one who could do much better at the moment. Clearly you were not around in the mid 80's when Utd were a joke.

* on a footnote, this could be his season to leave as the club is Fecked!
Au contraire- I have been United follower for many's a year- have seen countless sides from the dark days of Dave Sexton through to now. IMO Ferguson is losing touch with modern game. Not helped by financial constraints either right enough. Should be bending over backwards to keep Rooney

Is this just another throw away remark like 'past his sell by date', or is there any substance behind it?

Two Premier league titles and a Champions League crown in the last three years. I'd wager a few managers out there would love to be that out of touch.

nrico2006

Quote from: AFS on October 19, 2010, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 19, 2010, 12:24:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 18, 2010, 02:15:10 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 18, 2010, 12:35:18 PM
It it's a choice between keeping the manager or Rooney I reckon the club should bite the bullet and show the dinosaur that is Ferguson out the door. He is past his sell by date-doing a great impersonation of the late Brian Clough in his latter days as manager. Some baffling decisions. Rooney will be a top player long after Fergie has left the scene

Any United Supporter who thinks the above is seriously a sorry individual. Fergie has had one way traffic with funds(leaving the club), over the last couple of years. He is dealing with a slave club to the Glaziers. How he is keeping the Club at the top is a minor miracle. There's little or no one who could do much better at the moment. Clearly you were not around in the mid 80's when Utd were a joke.

* on a footnote, this could be his season to leave as the club is Fecked!
Au contraire- I have been United follower for many's a year- have seen countless sides from the dark days of Dave Sexton through to now. IMO Ferguson is losing touch with modern game. Not helped by financial constraints either right enough. Should be bending over backwards to keep Rooney

Is this just another throw away remark like 'past his sell by date', or is there any substance behind it?

Two Premier league titles and a Champions League crown in the last three years. I'd wager a few managers out there would love to be that out of touch.

Here here.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

take_yer_points

The whole Rooney thing reminds me of the Gerrard/Chelsea saga a few years ago - wanted a new contract, wasn't getting what he wanted, handed in a transfer request - a few days later and the contract was agreed. All we need now is the United fans burning Rooney's shirt outside Old Trafford and it's almost an exact replica of the situation

magpie seanie

Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2010, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 19, 2010, 11:12:04 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 19, 2010, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2010, 12:22:05 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321675/Wayne-Rooney-Id-join-Manchester-City.html

Where in this article does he say he would join City?

Have to say that headline has to be in the running for the most misleading headline ever.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole Rooney thing is just a load of old shite??

The story is now starting to turn towards Rooney not being happy with lack of investment in new 'world class' players. Could it all be a cunning plan to get $$$ from the americans?

Are you seriously suggesting this? I thought you would have known better. You can't get blood out of a stone.

A lot of people in serious denial here.

Clown

Quote from: take_yer_points on October 19, 2010, 01:55:21 PM
The whole Rooney thing reminds me of the Gerrard/Chelsea saga a few years ago - wanted a new contract, wasn't getting what he wanted, handed in a transfer request - a few days later and the contract was agreed. All we need now is the United fans burning Rooney's shirt outside Old Trafford and it's almost an exact replica of the situation

in that case we can sign, altogether now -

Wayne Rooney, Rooney
he kisses the badge on his chest
then hands in a transfer request
Wayne Rooney, Rooney

;D

Boycey

The best source Sky have on the Rooney saga today is Mark bleeding Bosnich.

I think Bryan Swanson is going to self combust with excitement if the press conference doesn't start soon.

Minder

So it wasn't media bullshit.

Boycey

Strange, strange interview....

Wouldn't see a way back now for Rooney

EC Unique

Gutted :-[ Loved him as a Utd player.

Square Ball

Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2010, 02:35:59 PM

listening to the interview on radio 5, hes def gone
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Sounds like he has been tapped up. City?

NAG1

anyone got a link to the interview, in work and cant get to see it cheers

EC Unique

Quote from: Square Ball on October 19, 2010, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2010, 02:35:59 PM

listening to the interview on radio 5, hes def gone

Prob nerver play again going by that interview. Fergie seems gutted too.

strange game getting destroyed by ££$$££$$