Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: cookstownblue on October 19, 2010, 03:11:54 PM
Read last week about Craig Bellamy saying United were desperate to sign him. Its an option now!

There's actually a far more pressing need for midfielders even with the imminent loss of Rooney. How Spurs were allowed to get Van der Vaart for what - 10mill? Serious muck up there.

cookstownblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 19, 2010, 03:13:49 PM
Read last week about Craig Bellamy saying United were desperate to sign him. Its an option now!

There's actually a far more pressing need for midfielders even with the imminent loss of Rooney. How Spurs were allowed to get Van der Vaart for what - 10mill? Serious muck up there.

£8 Million.

J OGorman

Quote from: NAG1 on October 19, 2010, 02:42:02 PM
anyone got a link to the interview, in work and cant get to see it cheers

maybe you've seen it already sir, but if not:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9107091.stm

rory

Brilliant.....Ferguson turns up at a press conference with a piece of paper and presents 'the facts'.

Hmmm, remind you of anyone......

magpie seanie

Quote from: cookstownblue on October 19, 2010, 03:14:24 PM

£8 Million.

United got Bebe instead. Thank you Carlos f**king Queiroz.  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Madrid offered him to Spurs at the last minute of the transfer window just to get rid of him. They weren't even after him. Spurs got lucky more than anything.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 19, 2010, 03:11:33 PM
NT - yeah, enjoy it while you can.

By the way who will you be supporting when the man that is bankrolling your dreams sues the Irish nation? I sincerely hope he gets what is coming to him and that's nothing to do with soccer might I add.

Would you stop supporting United if Fergie sued Ireland?

NAG1

Thanks for the link, Fergie genuinely seems hurt by this one, seemed to struggle in certain parts of that.

Fk knows what happens now.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: rory on October 19, 2010, 03:19:59 PM
Brilliant.....Ferguson turns up at a press conference with a piece of paper and presents 'the facts'.

Hmmm, remind you of anyone......

Neville Chamberlain?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Real Laoislad

Put yourself first Roy Keane tells Manchester United star Wayne Rooney

Former Manchester United legend Roy Keane has told Wayne Rooney to put his own interests first in his contract saga with Manchester United.

Speculation has raged over the last few days about whether or not Rooney believes he has a future with United.

It is reported that the relationship between the England star and his boss Sir Alex Ferguson has deteriorated so badly that he is unlikely sign a contract extension when the current one ends in 2012.

Keane, who enjoyed an unbroken career of success at Old Trafford, knows all about the brutal side of the game and has urged Rooney to look after No 1.

"Players and managers fall out all the time. It is part of life," said the Ipswich Town manager.

"If I was to offer advice to Wayne, who is a good lad, I would tell him to make sure he looks after number one.

"Players are pieces of meat - that's how I look at it. When your time's up, your time's up."
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2010, 03:31:48 PM

By the way who will you be supporting when the man that is bankrolling your dreams sues the Irish nation? I sincerely hope he gets what is coming to him and that's nothing to do with soccer might I add.

Can't see that happening in a million years though some its well documented how some of his enemies fcuked over this country for their own personal gain. also, Ferguson does not fund Manchester United. The club got where it is today on its own merits. Anyway, stop changing the subject. I assume you have no problem with how Abramovich does his business if he applies his monies to Chelsea succeeding? Who knows? If he is successful in his action he might just buy Rooney for you.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 19, 2010, 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 19, 2010, 03:31:48 PM

Can't see that happening in a million years though some its well documented how some of his enemies fcuked over this country for their own personal gain. also, Ferguson does not fund Manchester United. The club got where it is today on its own merits. Anyway, stop changing the subject. I assume you have no problem with how Abramovich does his business if he applies his monies to Chelsea succeeding? Who knows? If he is successful in his action he might just buy Rooney for you.

On their own merits? Not entirely.

I am completely ignorant to national economics, but surely if he is succesful in his action, it's the government's fault? And who voted in the government?

ross4life

So the truth is in..

Rooney wanted out after the World cup & fergie somehow managed to hold onto to him during the transfer window, IMO that press conference was designed to start the bidding war's

Seriously why would anyone want to keep a player that no longer want's to play for united? As i said at the top of the piece, if United get a suitable replacement I'll be happy enough!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open