Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

So should we expect a half empty Old Trafford next season?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2010, 06:47:49 PM

The rest of the seats will be taken up by green and yellow scarfs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2010, 06:47:49 PM

It is definitely the way to go, but somehow i can't see it.

More word today that Vidic is set to leave United after the World Cup, with United allegedly lining up a replacement from Palermo.
Over the past few weeks, United are being linked with literally dozens of players. I wouldn't be surprised if United's (Glazers) PR Machine is behind some of these rumours in order to create the impression that United are in the market for new signings, whereas the reality is probably somewhat different.
Arsenal have Joe Cole in the bag, and he was available for nothing.

In case anyone wants to start planning for next season, i understand the new fixture list will be revealed next Thursday, June 17.

muppet

I'm not a United supporter so flame away if you feel like it.

But.......

This plan by the supporters seems to be to increase the financial pressure on the Glazers, presumably in the hope that they will be forced to sell the club. Fair enough. Except the method of increasing the financial pressure will seriously hurt the club. The figures being thrown around here might mean they can't afford players wages. The Glazers might not take the option the fans hope for, for example they might try to raise money by selling players. If this strategy forces the sale of say Rooney without a decent replacement how will the fans feel?

I don't doubt the sincerity of the fans and those posting here but has this been thought through?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Muppet - it has been thought through. This end game has been 5 years in the making. There is simply no other option. Everything else has been tried. These people have to be got rid of and if it means United taking a few steps back and having several trophyless seasons so be it. Lack of success didn't kill United before and the club would rise again. No United supporter wants to do this but its the only thing the Glazers will listen to. The only thing they care about is money. The alternative is if the Glazers continue in charge the club could cease to exist some day soon.

Uladh

I'm sure the deficit in renewals at this stage has to be related in some way to the financial situation in the country. also, just an observation, but not buying your season ticket and then buying individual match tickets is stoopid games will be sold out every week. selling tickets on an individual game by game basis generates more money than season tickets.

magpie seanie

Uladh - as well as that it must be borne in mind that the Glazers have introduced a scheme whereby season ticket holders must purchase tickets for all home cup games (including league cup games against lower league oppostion with a virtual reserve team playing).

The PR spin coming out of Old Trafford next week will be funny. That said I agree with Boycey. After the extension the final renewa figures will not be very low but there will be a sizeable dent.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Quote from: stiffler on June 10, 2010, 06:21:04 PM
Utd should sign Rob Green this summer. solid as a rock

Would love them to  ;)

JUst retired

They would be better signing our aggie, and she is rubbish. ;D

longrunsthefox

I recall this thread being called the Wayne Rooney -white Pele for a while. The Rooney myth is being exposed at the World Cup. Certainly wasn't Pele came to mind watching him on Saturday night

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:19:53 AM
I recall this thread being called the Wayne Rooney -white Pele for a while. The Rooney myth is being exposed at the World Cup. Certainly wasn't Pele came to mind watching him on Saturday night

To be fair Pele didn't have to play with Emile Heskey
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

longrunsthefox

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 15, 2010, 09:22:27 AM

Rooney still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup finals. Pele was doing it in the final when he was 17. It is an insulting comparison. Rooney is  a good player but wouldn't even have made those great Brazil teams.   

thebigfella

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 15, 2010, 09:27:54 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 15, 2010, 09:22:27 AM

Rooney still hasn't scored a goal in the World Cup finals. Pele was doing it in the final when he was 17. It is an insulting comparison. Rooney is  a good player but wouldn't even have made those great Brazil teams.

To be fair, he shouldn't have been at the last world cup because of the injury he was carrying. Insulting to who? you?

EC Unique

Rumor that Shitty are going to bid for Vidic!! Would hate to see him go to the nasty neighbours! would Utd sell? I guess given the financial situation the prob would :-\