Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Good win today, keeps things interesting for another wee while.

Though, one thing I wondered was: what does Fergie see in Darron Gibson? This is a genuine question. Maybe I'm not clued in enough, or maybe I'm not watching as closely as I should be, but I really don't see anything about him that makes him worthy of a Man Utd jersey. Is he simply a last resort with Carrick's dire form and the injuries to Anderson and Hargreaves?

I see a player with a decent strike and solid physique, who'll throw himself about a bit and maybe hit 3 or 4 goals a season. But I also see a lad with very little passing ability, little creativity, and minimal composure. They say good players always make it look like they have a world of time when on the ball; Gibson is the very opposite. Everything he does is rushed at the very last split second. At times he looks like a league two player thrown into a match where he is totally out of his depth.

Maybe I'm being over critical. Maybe he'll begin to progress as Fletcher did at the same age. I can't see it though.

ross4life

Its a must united keepvidic brill again today had tevez n his pocket
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shortso79

TacadoirArdMhacha

Spurs 1-0 up. Do we dare to dream?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

screenexile

Rooney got clipped slightly and went down rolling about like someone had snapped his ankle. Once he saw the yellow card come out he was up on his feet as if nothing had happened. It was an absolute disgrace!

gorm agus bui

Quote from: screenexile on April 17, 2010, 06:21:40 PM
Rooney got clipped slightly and went down rolling about like someone had snapped his ankle. Once he saw the yellow card come out he was up on his feet as if nothing had happened. It was an absolute disgrace!
yawn, yawn, yawn

STREET FIGHTER

Have to agree with you there.

The Real Laoislad

Rooney ? Never I don't believe you
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

If Spurs can hold out the League is back on. A real test of nerves from here on in. Could come down to the Chelsea Liverpool game :o

EC Unique

What a day ;D  Could come down to goal difference.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: EC Unique on April 17, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
If Spurs can hold out the League is back on. A real test of nerves from here on in. Could come down to the Chelsea Liverpool game :o

4th is gone for Liverpool now but they're very much fighting for a Europa League spot, they'll go 7th and only 2 points ahead of Everton if Villa win tomorrow.

To be fair, even if they'd nothing to play for, I'd still expect that liverpool would maintain the integrity of the League. After all, they did beat Blackburn in 95 which would have given United the League had they scored against West Ham.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Boycey

This is indeed the major talking point after todays football  ::) ::) ::)

Hoof Hearted

Laois Lad, you're showing your age now, the Pool sponsored by CANDY, no doubt you have one of them, with Hysen or Piechnik on the back  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012