Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

I've doubted Ferguson so many times in the past and been proven wrong. I've my doubts here too but his  judgement has been right more often than not so I'll wait and see. I hope more is spent, we need a half creative midfielder.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

under the bar

QuoteIf United signed Glenn Ferguson their fans would try and put a positive spin on it

I d/k if it will work with Owen or not, but signed on a free transfer, at what is effectively minimum wage for a player at United with any sort of experience with incentives based on goals it can't really be considered much of a risk.

gawa316

Will owen receive any type of signing on fee? Haven't seen it reported but in a lot of free transfers the player does get a 'wee' incentive to join cause no money is exchanged between clubs

sammymaguire

any word yet what number Owen is getting? surely the 7 will be kept for a bigger name like Ribery IF he comes
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

NAG1

Quote from: gawa316 on July 06, 2009, 09:43:05 AM
Will owen receive any type of signing on fee? Haven't seen it reported but in a lot of free transfers the player does get a 'wee' incentive to join cause no money is exchanged between clubs

He will be paying united a wee incentive to get his career back on track!  ;)

EC Unique

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has revealed that winger Gabriel Obertan is on the verge of signing for Manchester United.

The highly rated 20-year-old became a regular for Les Girondins at the just 17 but last season found chances hard to come by under former Red Devils defender Laurent Blanc.

The French Under 21 international was loaned out to fellow Ligue 1 side Lorient for the second half of last season where he featured 15 times, scoring once.

Arsenal, Inter Milan and AC Milan are said to have been interested in the youngster but it appears United have won the race for his signature for an undisclosed fee.

"There is a very strong likelihood that the deal will go ahead," confirmed Triaud to L'Equipe.

"Manchester United want to sign him and, for our part, we would be delighted to see Gabriel playing for such a prestigious club.

"We will make the official announcement when the time is right."

GalwayBayBoy

Hound

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 04, 2009, 02:00:32 PM
OK Owen is going to be paid but £20,000 a week basic probably isn't too dissimilar from what the likes of Macheda and Wellbck (pure guesswork though?) and if he does the business to get the bonuses he'll have been worth it. I can't really see the downside looking at the deal for Owen itself.
The papers said earlier in the week that while his minimum salary is 20k a week, he can earn up to 110k. Didn't say what he had to do to get that!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Hound on July 06, 2009, 06:16:51 PM
OK Owen is going to be paid but £20,000 a week basic probably isn't too dissimilar from what the likes of Macheda and Wellbck (pure guesswork though?) and if he does the business to get the bonuses he'll have been worth it. I can't really see the downside looking at the deal for Owen itself.
The papers said earlier in the week that while his minimum salary is 20k a week, he can earn up to 110k. Didn't say what he had to do to get that!

:o :o
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Pay Fergusons bill at the off license ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Chrisowc

Quote from: Minder on July 06, 2009, 06:35:21 PM
Pay Fergusons bill at the off license ?

Good man Minder.  Keep it clean ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

lob her in lad

I'd say he would have to be playing some football to add 90k a week onto the wages slip, maybe they can pay for the fuel to run his helicopter to Manchester from Chester every morning, that stuff can't be cheap.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

ExiledGael

Anyone watching that circus in Madrid on Sky Sports News? 80,000 fans there.
He's got the number nine shirt anyway, they look like an ideal match, him and Madrid.

Archie Mitchell

Some reception for Ronaldo. Fair play to the lad, done all he could with United and fulfilling a life long dream to play for Real Madrid.

Minder

Fair play to him alright, always been one of my favourite players and he will be a great addition to La Liga.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"