Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

That defensive system, including the toothless midfield, needs to be completely reconstructed because it just isn't functioning at the minute. Its a pretty sorry situation when you can say that John O'Shea has almost been your best defender for two games in a row  :-\

Any hope of Hargreaves being back before the end of the season?

anportmorforjfc

Dont think i ever seen us play worse than that.

Ronaldo when not on the ball shite as usual, didnt track back when he lost the ball once

Park f**king shit

Think we are out dont see us winning in portugal  >:(

A Daintier Hero

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on April 07, 2009, 10:27:03 PM

Ronaldo when not on the ball shite as usual, didnt track back when he lost the ball once

Park f**king shit

No quintuple?  :(

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: A Daintier Hero on April 07, 2009, 10:30:52 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on April 07, 2009, 10:27:03 PM

Park f**king shit

No quintuple?  :(

Nope and i never thought there was going to be

magpie seanie

Terrible performance and almost sneaked a win only to take the foot off the pedal and pay for it. Most teams would have been so sickened by Tevez' goal they wouldn't have had in in them to attack but credit to Porto and they got the least they deserved.

The problems started with picking the team. Disgraceful to only play one up front at home. At least he'll have to play two up in thsecond leg and forget his over thinking things in Europe shite. Ronaldo's attitude is a disgrace. Evans was terrible - looked scared shitless. Scholes is completely past it and has been for ages. The main problem is as Hound has correctly pointed out - United's midfield is terrible. Have got away with it most of the season due to a great back 4 and 'keeper but they can't be expected to perform heroics all the time. With these problems, all the more reason to play Tevez. After he scored he was back defending on the end line in the next passage of play. That urgency, drive to win, is missing from a lot of United's players at present and its a worry. Things have turned round from worse than this before but it would want to happen soon. I don't think Ferguson has a clue how to fix it either. On this form its hard to see United going through but when you have Rooney and Tevez anything is possible.

One other thing - criticism of Neville for the last goal is entirely incorrect. He had to go to he closest man. I think a midfielder (Fletcher) let that guy walk in unopposed. If O'Shea didn't flick the ball Nevs would have made a great clearance.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 07, 2009, 10:39:06 PM
Terrible performance and almost sneaked a win only to take the foot off the pedal and pay for it. Most teams would have been so sickened by Tevez' goal they wouldn't have had in in them to attack but credit to Porto and they got the least they deserved.

The problems started with picking the team. Disgraceful to only play one up front at home. At least he'll have to play two up in thsecond leg and forget his over thinking things in Europe shite. Ronaldo's attitude is a disgrace. Evans was terrible - looked scared shitless. Scholes is completely past it and has been for ages. The main problem is as Hound has correctly pointed out - United's midfield is terrible. Have got away with it most of the season due to a great back 4 and 'keeper but they can't be expected to perform heroics all the time. With these problems, all the more reason to play Tevez. After he scored he was back defending on the end line in the next passage of play. That urgency, drive to win, is missing from a lot of United's players at present and its a worry. Things have turned round from worse than this before but it would want to happen soon. I don't think Ferguson has a clue how to fix it either. On this form its hard to see United going through but when you have Rooney and Tevez anything is possible.

One other thing - criticism of Neville for the last goal is entirely incorrect. He had to go to he closest man. I think a midfielder (Fletcher) let that guy walk in unopposed. If O'Shea didn't flick the ball Nevs would have made a great clearance.

Nevs?

Seanie, at the end of the day I didn't have you down as a prawn sandwich man.  :D
MWWSI 2017

A Daintier Hero

Not a lot of love for Fergie tonight.

From the Bunker

God whiskey nose does look shook on the telly interview after the match. There was a eerie worried croak in his voice.

bingobus

Not having a go but does it not piss United supporters off, watched the last five minutes on ITV and when Tevez scored the first thing the commentator said was now important that goal could be in winning the five trophies. Thought that talk is very premature and the media have been harping about for weeks now.

A Daintier Hero

Quote from: bingobus on April 07, 2009, 10:45:53 PM
Not having a go but does it not piss United supporters off, watched the last five minutes on ITV and when Tevez scored the first thing the commentator said was now important that goal could be in winning the five trophies. Thought that talk is very premature and the media have been harping about for weeks now.

Do you think it is unfair? Should they not be able to deal with the pressure, being the best club team in the world and all that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on April 07, 2009, 10:44:52 PM

Nevs?

Seanie, at the end of the day I didn't have you down as a prawn sandwich man.  :D

?

Never had a prawn sambo, sorry, sandwich (You don't like words being shortened?) in my life!  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Totally 100% on the Neville assesment. He had 2, and nearly 3 men to cover and played percentages. At 2-1 up in the 90th minute the midfield were too far up. Not sure who it was, but someone should've been tracking the stray attackers.

Oh and Porto were brilliant.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Farrandeelin

Why the f**k didn't he pick Tevez instead of that useless little prat Park??? MF was shit, defence was shit as well. Rooney was the only one who played anything good at all, as for Ronaldo, the club should sell him in the summer if he continues like that till the end of the season. Don't care if he scores an odd goal, but he hadn't the work ethic or attitude for the red shirt tonight... >:(

Fair dues to Porto though, they totally outclassed Utd and could have (should have) won the game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Capt Pat

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 07, 2009, 10:45:43 PM
God whiskey nose does look shook on the telly interview after the match. There was a eerie worried croak in his voice.

I wonder if he is shocked at how poorly United have been playing lately. They look like they are very tierd, the world club championships may prove to be a trip too far. The win on sunday was very lucky to say the lease and 2 games in just over 48 hours was a bit much for them I think, they looked out on their feet against Villa on saturday and the game in hand they have in the league is not really to their advantage.

new devil

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 08, 2009, 12:08:16 AM
Why the f**k didn't he pick Tevez instead of that useless little prat Park??? MF was shit, defence was shit as well. Rooney was the only one who played anything good at all, as for Ronaldo, the club should sell him in the summer if he continues like that till the end of the season. Don't care if he scores an odd goal, but he hadn't the work ethic or attitude for the red shirt tonight... >:(

Fair dues to Porto though, they totally outclassed Utd and could have (should have) won the game.

1 poor game and hes a useless prat  ::) ::)
Some short memories on here...

Last four games have been the worst performances in years seems theres something missing but don't no what....Hargreaves is a massive lose especially in Europe