Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Think I must have jinxed UTD yesterday... that's the worst I've seen them play in a long time! - Play like that again on Saturday & it won't be pretty!

Only players that can hold their heads up after that were VDS & Giggs!

Still at least they're through...

full back

Disappointing performance but the desired result
Utd dont seem to be firing on all cylinders when they play in Europe unlike the domestic league & cups
Inter are an average team (bit like Real)

Good performances by Vidic & Giggs  :o
Again Rooney was sacrificed to play on the left to restrict the Inter attacks & he done this well

Main thing is we are in the next round
The scousers must be hot favourites for Saturday now

aroundincircles

Would vidic rank as one of fergies top signings i am not really a united fan but every time i watch him he is fantastic.

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

corn02

How bad was Scholes last night?

Much of Inter's attacking threat came thorugh the middle and not the wings.

But United won 2-0 and that is all they will care about.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: corn02 on March 12, 2009, 09:53:20 AM
How bad was Scholes last night?

Shocking... him  & Carrick were on total different wave lengths throughout!

Like i said... i jinxed them.

I thought most of their play came down our right... John O'Shea was targetted & exposed IMO.

nifan

QuoteAgain Rooney was sacrificed to play on the left to restrict the Inter attacks & he done this well

I thought so too, though I thought when they did that Tevez should have been in the centre over Berb.
Rooney has calmed down a lot, used to be when he was played on the wing hed charge round like a man possessed and be lucky to avoid being sent off. Still gets the rush of blood now and then but nowhere near as often

EC Unique

Be interesting to see how he will change it for Saturday. I give up trying to guess the 11 a while ago :D Same keeper and back 4 with God knows what after that. Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney, all certs. I would give Tevez the nod instead of Berb for his tracking back and play Ronaldo up front bringing Berb on the last 30.

Goats Do Shave

Goats Do Shave

Who would you prefer? - I wouldn't select the same midfiedl after last night!

magpie seanie

It was quite poor last night and I think I nearly called it beforehand - my worry about Scholes starting. Hound's post was 100% correct about the balance of United's midfield so no need to go over that again. What I would like is Hound's opinion on Berbatov's performance last night. I thought he was really poor.

Surprised to see some here lauding Giggs' performance last night. Yes - he made a few good dribbles with the ball and used it reasonably well but his wandering in off the wing was the single biggest factor in Inter coming back into the game. Rooney blotted that out with a fine second half performance but Giggs should have been taken off with 20 to go and replaced by Tevez, with Berbatov dropping deeper.

At the back VDS was fine. Ferdinand was pure awful and should be dropped for Saturday if thats the best he can do. I thought Vidic played quite well (despite curiously Dunphy asserting that he played badly). Evra was only average though perhaps the lack of cover in the first half explains that.

All in all its good to go through playing as badly as that. I think if they did score United would have been able to lift it but it was a dangerous game to play. Things might have been different if United got the deserved early penalty to go 2-0 up.

For Saturday I think Fletcher and Park will both play. Prediction for team: VDS; JOS, Rio, Vida, Evra; Ronnie, Carrick, Fletch, Park; Rooney, Berba. Personally I'd have Evans in for Rio and a long think about Tevez in for Berba. If there's a right back fit then I'd think about resting O'Shea too.

full back

Berbatov does so little in a game that he almost has to score every time to justify his selection
He brings very little else to the table IMHO

The Corporal

Dont understand what Tevez has to do to get a game. He should def start against the Scouse on Sat

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2009, 10:29:14 AM
It was quite poor last night and I think I nearly called it beforehand - my worry about Scholes starting. Hound's post was 100% correct about the balance of United's midfield so no need to go over that again. What I would like is Hound's opinion on Berbatov's performance last night. I thought he was really poor.

Surprised to see some here lauding Giggs' performance last night. Yes - he made a few good dribbles with the ball and used it reasonably well but his wandering in off the wing was the single biggest factor in Inter coming back into the game. Rooney blotted that out with a fine second half performance but Giggs should have been taken off with 20 to go and replaced by Tevez, with Berbatov dropping deeper.

At the back VDS was fine. Ferdinand was pure awful and should be dropped for Saturday if thats the best he can do. I thought Vidic played quite well (despite curiously Dunphy asserting that he played badly). Evra was only average though perhaps the lack of cover in the first half explains that.

All in all its good to go through playing as badly as that. I think if they did score United would have been able to lift it but it was a dangerous game to play. Things might have been different if United got the deserved early penalty to go 2-0 up.

For Saturday I think Fletcher and Park will both play. Prediction for team: VDS; JOS, Rio, Vida, Evra; Ronnie, Carrick, Fletch, Park; Rooney, Berba. Personally I'd have Evans in for Rio and a long think about Tevez in for Berba. If there's a right back fit then I'd think about resting O'Shea too.

Good description. Bit harsh on Rio though, he has been excellent all year and had a knock.