Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I think yesterday was a big day for United. I thought and hoped that Chelsea being within striking distance would've applied pressure but I never figured on a toothless Spurs (Why was Lennon not playing?), with the midfield two especially the highly rated Huddlestone missing in action.

QuoteBarring losing a few of the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes to extended injuries
I think that is where United have had a degree of luck, with none of the makor players suffering major injuries, as opposed to Chelsea who have had JT, Cech, Cudicini, Robben and Cole out for long periods. Especially surprised Ronaldo hasn't been injured more when you consider the number of times he is fouled.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

resdubwhite

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 05, 2007, 11:08:36 AM
I think yesterday was a big day for United. I thought and hoped that Chelsea being within striking distance would've applied pressure but I never figured on a toothless Spurs (Why was Lennon not playing?), with the midfield two especially the highly rated Huddlestone missing in action.

QuoteBarring losing a few of the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes to extended injuries
I think that is where United have had a degree of luck, with none of the makor players suffering major injuries, as opposed to Chelsea who have had JT, Cech, Cudicini, Robben and Cole out for long periods. Especially surprised Ronaldo hasn't been injured more when you consider the number of times he is fouled.
healthy lot of sarcasm there.

As a man u fan it is embarrassing to watch the amount of times he dives. It really is indefensible.
He is having a great season but someday he is gonna get his. And I won't be crying.

Norf Tyrone

magpie seanie

QuoteAs a man u fan it is embarrassing to watch the amount of times he dives. It really is indefensible.
He is having a great season but someday he is gonna get his. And I won't be crying.

He takes an odd dive - so what. If it bothers you that much you should stop watching soccer because most players dive. Don't single out Ronaldo because he's high profile and a "its part of their culture" continental European. For example Damian Duff is cat altogether - do you hope he gets his soon as well? Ronaldo is I think the second most fouled player in the Premiership. This is largely for two reasons - (1) his workrate - he's on the ball a serious amount of time and (2) he is often double teamed so one guy might be doing ok but the other fouls him. Obviously on top of this he is a very good player who runs at people which scares them to death.

Diving is an accepted part of the game in soccer. If it wasn't FIFA/UEFA etc would deal with it. It's the same as timewasting/feigning injury (diving probably on the way) in the GAA.

Farrandeelin

Well there's 2 doubters kind of coming round to the possibility of united winning the league. Didn't see any of the match yesterday but 4-0 is convincing enough to say Utd fully deserved the win. What's the goal difference? Is the 6 point gap 7 in reality with the gd?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteHe takes an odd dive - so what

So what? It's cheating. At least when Drogba did it last year, the Chelsea fans vented their feelings on the subject, as opposed to your feelings which are quite obviously in agreement with his actions.

That, and your thoughts on Keane's accidental collision with Van Der Sar. Are you having a bad day Magpie?

QuoteRobbie Keane is a little pr1ck. Should have got sent off for leaving the knee in on the keeper.

SlimShady

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 04, 2007, 10:16:45 PM
Good result. Spurs are a joke though.

Robbie Keane is a little pr1ck. Should have got sent off for leaving the knee in on the keeper. A sad little waster. He could have been good but his lack of brains and application mean he is a joke.

Watch him add to his national scoring record this week with a fine display against San Marino. Another joke.

:D

what a tool.

i agree with the Headhunter Norf.

Norf Tyrone

Quotei agree with the Headhunter Norf

Geez, I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  :D

resdubwhite

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2007, 03:04:24 PM
QuoteAs a man u fan it is embarrassing to watch the amount of times he dives. It really is indefensible.

He takes an odd dive - so what. If it bothers you that much you should stop watching soccer because most players dive. Don't single out Ronaldo because he's high profile and a "its part of their culture" continental European. For example Damian Duff is cat altogether - do you hope he gets his soon as well? Ronaldo is I think the second most fouled player in the Premiership. This is largely for two reasons - (1) his workrate - he's on the ball a serious amount of time and (2) he is often double teamed so one guy might be doing ok but the other fouls him. Obviously on top of this he is a very good player who runs at people which scares them to death.

Diving is an accepted part of the game in soccer. If it wasn't FIFA/UEFA etc would deal with it. It's the same as timewasting/feigning injury (diving probably on the way) in the GAA.
That is bullshit in my opinion. Diving is not a part of the game and should be condoned whenever and whereever it occurs.

"He takes the odd dive. "

I can think of at least three occasions this season when golden boy won a penalty from diving.
no fair.

And thats from a united fan.

SlimShady

i didnt see Norf saying Ronaldo was crap or his workrate was poor, he said he dived, and he did! its against the rules and bad sportsmanship, if it had been Defoe that done it and United got chinned then Roy Keanes Sligo bitch over there would have been guerning the house down!

J70

Quote from: resdubwhite on February 05, 2007, 04:07:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2007, 03:04:24 PM

That is bullshit in my opinion. Diving is not a part of the game and should be condoned whenever and whereever it occurs.

"He takes the odd dive. "

I can think of at least three occasions this season when golden boy won a penalty from diving.
no fair.

And thats from a united fan.

I think Seanie has a point in that the authorities are giving their implicit consent by not punishing offenders afterwards. If someone can be shown to have dived to win a penalty or a free that resulted in an unjust sending off or a decisive goal, there should be serious consequences.

Redgreenery

Wayne Rooney has been passed fit for Manchester United's Barclays Premiership clash with Charlton Athletic.
Rooney missed England's midweek defeat to Spain with a hip injury but came through training on Thursday and should be in Sir Alex Ferguson's starting XI.

Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak will also start as Edwin van der Sar has been ruled out with a broken nose.

John O'Shea (ankle) is also out, while Michael Carrick (groin) and Cristiano Ronaldo (heavy cold) are both minor doubts. 

Charlton manager Alan Pardew will not risk striker Darren Bent in the daunting Old Trafford clash. 

The England international has recently resumed training after a knee injury but is not ready for a first-team return, so namesake Marcus is expected to continue in a lone striker role.

Luke Young, Herman Hreidarsson (both knee), Andy Reid (hamstring) and Talal El Karkouri (suspended) are also ruled out, but Pardew will hand debuts to two of his new signings, Alexandre Song and Madjid Bougherra. 

Manchester United (from): Kuszczak, Heaton, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Heinze, Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Fletcher, Richardson, Rooney, Saha, Larsson, Solskjaer.

Charlton Athletic (from): Carson, Sankofa, Bougherra, Song, Thatcher, Rommedahl, Kishishev, Faye, Diawara, Holland, Hughes, Thomas, Hasselbaink, M Bent, Ambrose, Myhre.

superblues

Syd The Sailor

*Deleted by Moderator*
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Square Ball

Syd

wise up and remove that idiotic post
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid