Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 31, 2007, 09:22:52 PM
- o'shea looks brilliant

you serious???  :o Nice one!

Larsson has looked brilliant starting nevermind as a sub! Though when Saha is fully fit - I reckon he'll come back in.

Nice to see Fergie giving everyone a break at some stage...he's the master at that! No Scholes, Evra, Giggs, Saha, Van Der Sar, & Larsson was on the bench.

Spiritof98

A good win last night, Rooney really coming into form at the right time, Ronadlo keeps delivering, (Alan Hansen kisses his ass now on MOTD, whereas all he used to do was slag his end product).

And thankfully I haven't been inducted to the Hall of Fearon. ;D
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

Once inducted into the Hall of Fearon you should be banned from making predictions forever.

3 points as expected last night. Watford were competitive in the first half, but it was only a matter of time. Roll on Sunday.Am praying Fearon mouths off before it!

Dinny Breen

QuoteLarsson has looked brilliant starting nevermind as a sub!

Do you think? I agree with ONeill he should be used as an impact sub, he hasn't impressed me that much and I think a lot of people are looking at him through green/red tinted glasses. Man U's ability to put average to poor sides away is amazing but the jury is still out and if they win the title they will be the poorest side to win it since Blackburn although I still believe Chelsea will close the gap.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

In my opinion, it's the United away matches that will decide if they win the league or not, particularly the ones against Liverpool and Chelsea. Win or draw those 2 games and we should have the league won then. I cannot honestly see Man Utd dropping any more points at home. Well, hopefully not anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

QuoteMan U's ability to put average to poor sides away is amazing but the jury is still out and if they win the title they will be the poorest side to win it since Blackburn although I still believe Chelsea will close the gap.

I'm a bit astounded by that.

Square Ball

I for one am still surprised that we are in the position we are, at the start of the seasone I would have thought that it was one of rebuilding, bringing in new blood and hoped for a top four finish. well here we are with 11 matches left and all to play for, cannot see any of the teams around us, or us for that matter, winning all their remaining matches, ala Arsenal all those years ago.

Still think we will pay for not having a ball winner in the middle of the park, lets hope we don't pay to heavy a price.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

The Man Utd Reserves V Lpool reserves was on PPMate live, missed the thing but the score was 0-0 and Smith played the full 90 mins

J70

Quote from: Spiritof98 on February 01, 2007, 08:19:23 AM
Ronadlo keeps delivering, (Alan Hansen kisses his ass now on MOTD, whereas all he used to do was slag his end product).

Was that not a fair comment at the time? The often pointless stepovers, the diving, the inconsistent quality of the crosses... Ronaldo has come on in leaps and bounds over the past year or so. He's earned the universal praise he's getting at the moment.

Giggs got similar criticism in his early days. He was great at beating people, but his final ball was very patchy.

BenDover

Quote from: Square Ball on February 01, 2007, 09:16:37 PM
The Man Utd Reserves V Lpool reserves was on PPMate live, missed the thing but the score was 0-0 and Smith played the full 90 mins

It seems to be the general consensus that reserve team football is more for the young blood coming through the club, I know Smith needs games but surely going out on loan would've been a better option for him instead of being wasted in the reserves as it doesn't look like he's going to get too many opportunities in the first team at the min.

Square Ball

Great result, hope Edwin is not out for too long as it seems to be a fair crack on thon big neb of his. some grest displays all round, Vidic is a beast and one of the best CBs around, Evra diddnt give lennon a touch, and Scholes, well he is Scholes better win PFA player of the year.

ONeill

For the first time this season, I think Utd are now capable of winning this league. Never really took them seriously til now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

When O'Shea went into nets Martyn Tyler says something along the lines of

O'Shea may have played that Irish game, the one were they use their hands alot!!!!

magpie seanie

Good result. Spurs are a joke though.

Robbie Keane is a little pr1ck. Should have got sent off for leaving the knee in on the keeper. A sad little waster. He could have been good but his lack of brains and application mean he is a joke.

Watch him add to his national scoring record this week with a fine display against San Marino. Another joke.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2007, 08:55:29 PM
For the first time this season, I think Utd are now capable of winning this league. Never really took them seriously til now.

The only way I can't see them doing it now is if they lose at Anfield and Stamford Bridge. They're well capable of taking at least a point at both and I think they probably will. Barring losing a few of the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes to extended injuries, I can't see United throwing it away.