Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Like Henry I expect that this is one of those screens of smoke or whatever you call them... their man is in the bag, just finalizing the small print

EC Unique

under the bar

EC Unique

Im very excited about the Berbatov signing. With quality players around him I think he will be a sensation. 30+ goals this season ;D ;D

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

under the bar

Quoteberbatov trained with spurs today

Could he not find his ankle weights then?

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

An Fear Rua

Done deal according to the english times
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23531653-details/Done+deal...Fergie+gets+£28m+Berbatov/article.do

28 mill is far too much even if it is linked to future success. How in the hell did spurs do so averagely last season with a a £66mill strike force??
madness
Its Grim up North

under the bar

Spurs were very loose at the back, manly due to the absence of Ledley King.   They will be tighter this season and I'd have expected 5th place from them but having sold two men who provided 60 goals between them it will be tough.    Ramos must have a deal for David Villa or the like a;ready tied up behing the scenes.

under the bar

Will Gary Neville resort to auto choice for right back or do you think Wesley has made it his own with last season performances?

full back

Quote from: under the bar on August 15, 2008, 11:16:34 AM
Will Gary Neville resort to auto choice for right back or do you think Wesley has made it his own with last season performances?

Was thinking the same myself for the fantasy football
Brown was outstanding last year, but Fergie might retain Neville for nostalgic reasons

Goats Do Shave

I reckon Nevs will have to wait for his chance - Brown is quicker, stronger, better in the air & a great tackler!

Nevs reads the game well, provides great crosses & is the club captain!

cill_dara

well if ever a game was to confirm that we need a striker today was it. We needed a darren fletcher goal feck sake. Chelsea starting well too, we wouldnt want to have the same start we had as last year.
hopefully berbatov is signed up before the end of the week. According to Denis Irwin it will be. In Denis we trust!

ExiledGael

Looks like it will be a matter of when for Berbatov.
Worrying enough today, Rooney not great again and Scholes wasn't his usual self. Suppose we can't keep expecting him to be at his age. Need a lot from Anderson this season, feck the Olympics anyway.
On the bright side Campbell had his moments and will be a good squad player. Long way to go.

cill_dara

I was impressed with campbell too, he got a few chances and will learn from them. He can be a Louis type player without the injuries.
Possebon looked tidy when he came on too , so positives were seeing a few young lads getting a run. And early days indeed