Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Glad Silvestre is gone and cannot believe Wenger bought him. The lad is a liability. Imagine himself and Senderos in the same back 4!

Some lads being harsh on Rooney here. He's always poor for a few games after coming back from injury so with his recent illness I think folk should cut him a bit of slack. United bringing on the likes of Possebon the last day shows that the squad is fairly stretched at the minute. Striker needed asap. Can't help thinking its the bloody Arshavin thing thats holding it all up. Spurs fans will not go so mad at Berba leaving if Arshavin (or Villa) was on his way in.

corn02

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 20, 2008, 09:28:23 PM
anfailed

Fantastic, i take it I don;t have to remind you of what has been won at Anfield?

magpie seanie

I love those stories that start with - "A long, long time ago...."

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 21, 2008, 04:54:52 PM
I love those stories that start with - "A long, long time ago...."

Fair play, doesn't really explain much though.

Shrewdness

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 21, 2008, 12:31:33 PM
I wish Silvestre all the best and hope it works out for him.  He was a model professional who never moaned and got on with the job.  Thanks for all you hard work!

I would like to echo Over The Bar's comments re Silvestre. Here are some facts to consider about him.

824 Players have played for United in competitive games. On that list Silvestre comes 35'th with a total of 361 games played (326 plus 35 as sub). He scored 10 goals.

In European club football at United, he stands in 9'th place in the appearances list with 69 appearances (61 plus 8 subs).

I have been a critic of his in the past, but players like him can only be sold if you can replace them.

Sir Alex said last week that he is quite prepared to play this season with the same squad if necessary.

But he doesn't have the same squad. Defensive cover such as Pique and Silvestre have been sold without replacing them with similarly experienced players.Even the very promising Danny Simpson has been loaned to Blackburn for the season.

He has known for ages that Ronaldo would be out until October. All we have upfront is Rooney and Tevez. Campbell has it all to prove, and cannot be seriously factored in at this stage.

Why weren't serious attempts made months ago to buy Berbatov or Huntelaar. ???

Every major European club has strengthened their squad this summer except United. We are already 2 points behind Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we lose at Portsmouth.

magpie seanie

QuoteIn European club football at United, he stands in 9'th place in the appearances list with 69 appearances (61 plus 8 subs).

That explains a lot.

Uladh

Reading between the lines i'm not sure fergie has the resources to bring much in after splashng out to complete the tevez deal. short term, anderson will strengthen things but i don't think there will be a big money buy like a berbatov. best we can hope for is a bargain (12-15m) punt on huntelaar, santa cruz or maybe even a benni mccarthy.

for some reason i suspect we could be looking at a loan with a view to buying of huntelaar or Güiza

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Uladh on August 22, 2008, 11:41:14 AM
Reading between the lines i'm not sure fergie has the resources to bring much in after splashng out to complete the tevez deal. short term, anderson will strengthen things but i don't think there will be a big money buy like a berbatov. best we can hope for is a bargain (12-15m) punt on huntelaar, santa cruz or maybe even a benni mccarthy.

for some reason i suspect we could be looking at a loan with a view to buying of huntelaar or Güiza

Unless you know something we dont, Tevez deal hasnt been done. Utd have not spent any money this summer, they havent even paid for last year yet
Its Grim up North

Uladh

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on August 22, 2008, 11:41:14 AM

Would be surprised if Utd sign Guiza as he joined Fenerbache a month ago.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Will the Arshavin deal have a major impact. Ferguson is likely to spring a surprise signing at the last moment. Could move for Aguero or something.

Farrandeelin

Sure United always struggled on the South coast, remember those games against Southampton i the 90s. We haven't that hot a record at Fratton Park either. So I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Utd lost on Monday Shrewdness.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

corn02

screenexile