Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

useername

rooney would be far bigger loss than ronaldo,

hes great player, but hes not die hard united so he can go feck off to real madrid and turn into a global icon like beckham,

at united its football first, playboys second,

thats way it always will be,

ronaldo is at a peak in his career i feel, he wont top wat hes done

lurganblue

Quoterooney would be far bigger loss than ronaldo

i doubt that

useername

well facts dont lie, united were unbeaten in premiership with rooney in the side, but lost 4 without him,

to say he would be a far bigger loss is maybe a big extreme but id definitely prefer to keep rooney, he has work rate and tenacity, and if played in the correct position (in the whole behind striker) he is in a class of his own i feel,

but i don't want to veer from the topic,

100 million for ronaldo, united can buy richards for right back, berbatov or cruz, plus maybe one more

Jack_Black

if we got 100 mill for ronaldo i would give hallf off it  for Benzema, an absolute class act.

buy a couple of others with the rest.- lamh, richards, cruz (get rid of saha)

useername

i totally agree with you about benzema, and lahm is a consistent wing back who can get forward, something brown lacks,

although saha, despite his recurring injury problems, is a top striker, in the 06/07 season he contributed a lot to the eventual p;ship success,

i think we should give him one more chance once he gets back from injury

lurganblue

no point buying both lamh and richards, if you had the chance that is! richards has no chance of playing centre half and lamh is a better right back than him...

Over the Bar

Quotei do disagree about saha, really is time we offload him.

Would any club in their right mind take him even on a free?  His wages for sitting on the treatment table would be a liability.   

Shrewdness

United officially reported Madrid to Fifa yesterday, but it won't make one bit of difference.

I hear that Madrid are waiting for Portugal's involvement in Euro 2008 to end, and will then lodge an official 60 million sterling bid for Ronaldo.

Cardiff's Aaron Ramsey has announced that he wants to join Arsenal.

Cardiff accepted offers of 5M from United, Arsenal and Everton for him, leaving it up to the player himself to decide. Cardiff themselves were hoping he would  pick United, as they were prepared to loan him back to them next season.

The player spoke to all 3 clubs, and has opted for Arsenal, and i think he has already flown to Switzerland to meet Arsene Wenger. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Arsenal also bagged Theo Walcott, and i think the jury is still out on him.

I also think we can forget about seeing Karim Benzema in a United shirt.

He's keen to spend at least another year at Lyon, and stated that his preferred move would then be to Real Madrid, instead of Old Trafford.

Minder

I think its a bit hypocritical for United to be bleating about Madrids behaviour, it is a similar scenario to Uniteds pursuit of Hargreaves last year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on June 10, 2008, 01:33:05 PM
I think its a bit hypocritical for United to be bleating about Madrids behaviour, it is a similar scenario to Uniteds pursuit of Hargreaves last year.

::) ::)  Yea Similar ::)

Minder

Hargreaves was tapped up,Ronaldo is being tapped up. Where do you not see the similarity?

new devil

Minder you didnt talk to much shit after we won the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  :D :D :D :-* :-* :-*

Over the Bar

QuoteHargreaves was tapped up,Ronaldo is being tapped up. Where do you not see the similarity?

The difference being United made their enquiries and offers directly to Bayern and didn't release statements about how much they would be willing to pay for him and to pay him in wages directly to the press.  It was Hargreaves who then started belating on about how much he wanted to join United.   Completely different scenario.   

Real are acting in the same slimey, under-handed way that Liverpool are acting regarding Gareth Barry.  Must be a Spanish trait!   Sink the Armada!!!!

Minder

Man United were told by Munich to stop pursuing Hargreaves as he was under contract but they refused to. It happens all the time so dont be so precious.

Yes I Would

Ferguson was the master of it for years. Stam was another notable one.
Fergie would have went to almost any length to try and get his man. Robben and Shearer two which didnt quite work out for him