Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: FermPundit on January 05, 2008, 07:11:34 PM
Great result. United didn't play overly well but Rooney made the difference. He's world class. United are simply not the same side without him. I know every player has his price but some players pricelss. Brilliant.

Totally agree with every word FP. It's great he (Rooney) is back now and hopefully he will stay free from injury for the rest of the season. I'd say they will enjoy the week's break now rather than play in the Carling cup.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

Bloody hell, Haha is useles, he offered nothing and kept either giving the ball away or falling over it, we diddnt even look like scoring until Rooney came on and changed the game.

I was surprised that Fergie played him as he is now cup tied, thought he might have been able to use him as a make weight in a deal
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

FermPundit

Quote from: Square Ball on January 05, 2008, 07:34:28 PM
Bloody hell, Haha is useles, he offered nothing and kept either giving the ball away or falling over it, we diddnt even look like scoring until Rooney came on and changed the game.

I was surprised that Fergie played him as he is now cup tied, thought he might have been able to use him as a make weight in a deal

Agree SB, Saha was limited today but there is no chance that Fergie will be selling him this January, maybe in the summer but not now. Ronaldo was ordinary tonight before Rooney came on. He is the catalyst for all United's best moves.

I was readng today that apparrently Alan Hutton rejected a move to Spurs as he's holding out for a move to United in the summer. I wonder has Fergie had a word in his ear which may have influenced his decision?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Square Ball

Think Fergie sees him a the replacement for Nev, I thought he was supposed to feature today

FermPundit

Just after reading on BBC sport that United have lost 4 games this season and Rooney didn't play in any of them. If ever a statistic highlighted his importance to the team this is it.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

redcard

Quote from: FermPundit on January 05, 2008, 09:02:09 PM
Just after reading on BBC sport that United have lost 4 games this season and Rooney didn't play in any of them. If ever a statistic highlighted his importance to the team this is it.

new devil

Yea Rooney is just  as important to us as ronaldo...and some tool tool on the FA cup thread says Rooney isn't in the top 3 strikers in the premiership ::) ???

southdown

Park Ji Dung, does anyone else here think he is useless?

ExiledGael

Park was really annoying yesterday but he does serve some purposes against weak Premier League teams. You can never question his attitude and desire, but against any tough physical side or in any match you're expecting a real battle he's shit. A good gust of wind wind would knock him off the ball. Far too lightweight.
He's what I would imagine the top female footballers in the world to be like in the man's game.

Rooney definitely turned the game but Villa were pathetic and got what they deserved. Dissappointed in O'Neill to play so defensively at home. Thought beforehand if they got at us we could be in real trouble with Young and Agbonlahor racing at our defence. They never created a chance.

inisceithleann

Quote from: southdown on January 06, 2008, 06:49:16 PM
Park Ji Dung, does anyone else here think he is useless?

I rate Ji Sung, he does a trojan amount of work and always comes up with the odd goal. He's been out for the best part a year, give him a break. People don't like players like O'Shea and Park as they aren't skillful players but you need these sort of guys to grind out results.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

EC Unique

Great opportinity to go top now with Arsenal dropping points.     :) :) :) 8)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: EC Unique on January 12, 2008, 05:02:05 PM
Great opportinity to go top now with Arsenal dropping points.     :) :) :) 8)

And that's just what happened with the 6-0 hammering of Newcastle! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

fantastic, and 6 was a fair result. could have been double figures there was that many cleared off the line.

Goats Do Shave

Great performance - think UTD had over 25 chances, Shay Given had a stormer (apart from that kick out) & he still conceeded 6!

Newcastle are terrible! - God help whoever takes them on... stay were you are Sparky!  ;)

Maximus Marillius

Delighted to see Newcastle get a hammering..if ever a club deserves to get relegated it has to be them.