Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Square Ball

Jesus Nani was poor, think this just shows up the need for a striker that is not haha
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Very poor but an important three points. Tevez looks in pretty bad shape after going off injured, two of the backroom helping him walk off at the end of the game, could be out for a few weeks.

FermPundit

Does anyone know what was going on with Tevez's celebration today?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

redcard

Quote from: ExiledGael on January 01, 2008, 04:59:00 PM
Very poor but an important three points. Tevez looks in pretty bad shape after going off injured, two of the backroom helping him walk off at the end of the game, could be out for a few weeks.

Yip

redcard

Quote from: FermPundit on January 01, 2008, 07:14:26 PM
Does anyone know what was going on with Tevez's celebration today?

Did he sell a dummy?

ONeill

Home support disappoints Ferguson

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson compared the Old Trafford atmosphere to a "funeral" during his side's 1-0 win over Birmingham City.

Ferguson noticed the lack of voice from the 75,459 crowd after watching the match from the directors' box as part of a two-match touchline ban.

"That was the quietest I have heard the shit, it was like a funeral," he said.

His comments come seven years after Roy Keane famously dubbed the Old Trafford crowd as the "prawn sandwich brigade".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7167508.stm
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Old Trafford has never been a place for good atmosphere,Roy Keane was right about one thing anyway
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 10:42:04 AM
Old Trafford has never been a place for good atmosphere,Roy Keane was right about one thing anyway

LL there used to be a fantastic asmosphere at OT, I have been in the old Stretford enad and the paddock as well and it was brilliant, but on any recent trips it was quite
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Over the Bar

Other than during derby games or big fixtures every successful club has the same problem.  Corporate ticket purchases are the main reason as well as the sunshine brigade fan base who expect a 4-0 win every time.  Your diehard teenage/early 20's fan who will sing for 90mins is getting priced out of the gate.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Square Ball on January 02, 2008, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 02, 2008, 10:42:04 AM

LL there used to be a fantastic asmosphere at OT, I have been in the old Stretford enad and the paddock as well and it was brilliant, but on any recent trips it was quite

Quite quiet?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

southdown

Iv sat on the stretford end a few times and it has been amazing evry time,and its not bad behind the other goals too. The other two are very dull though.

An Fear Rua

Evans off to Sunderland on loan until end of season, may be an option on a perm move, but Phil Bardsley in the frame for that- announcement tomorrow apparently....

[edit]
now confirmed.

FA Cup _ I fear the worst at Villa tomorrow, Players rested and nothing up front, Plus Villa are well overdue a result and are on good form at the min
Its Grim up North

FermPundit

Fergie won't want a replay. United are struggling in the final third. I don't think Saha has played that poorly but I'd bring Rooney on and play the two of them up front Possibly Park to make way.

FermPundit

Great result. United didn't play overly well but Rooney made the difference. He's world class. United are simply not the same side without him. I know every player has his price but some players pricelss. Brilliant.