Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 12, 2024, 12:36:50 PMI see it's open season on ETH for a lot of United fans re Sancho but that lads needs a kick up the hole!
They are saying how badly he was treated but ignore the fact that he was given an extended mental health break after the World Cup and then given a great reception on his return.
He then was involved with a spat with the manager and didn't back down...if Ronaldo was shipped out then he was never going to win it.

His latest post says 'Sorry, I'm Sorry' like a child. If he was such a talent he only has 23 England caps and 3 goals. Southgate may not be the best manager but he has stamped out a lot of the ego issues with England so maybe that's another sign he may not be such a great lad.

That's not to say ETH is without fault overall as there are some amount of crocks on mad contracts. I honestly forgot Mason Mount even played for United.

I think on the Sancho issue I would say that a good majority of the fans would back ETH.

He was treated very well in terms of his break and ETH personally stepped in to get him back into a better space. Whatever way the fall out went, all it took was for Sancho to be professional about it, but by all accounts this is something he is totally lacking 'professionalism'.

ETH had the staff starting Sancho's day 1 hour earlier than the rest of the staff and players, to try and ensure he was ready for training. What sort of personality would need that level of attention?

The fall out was over his lack of application in training which ETH pointed out via a recording of the training in the lead up to the Arsenal game. Pretty cut and dry issue which he couldnt accept.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on January 12, 2024, 12:56:19 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 12, 2024, 12:36:50 PMI see it's open season on ETH for a lot of United fans re Sancho but that lads needs a kick up the hole!
They are saying how badly he was treated but ignore the fact that he was given an extended mental health break after the World Cup and then given a great reception on his return.
He then was involved with a spat with the manager and didn't back down...if Ronaldo was shipped out then he was never going to win it.

His latest post says 'Sorry, I'm Sorry' like a child. If he was such a talent he only has 23 England caps and 3 goals. Southgate may not be the best manager but he has stamped out a lot of the ego issues with England so maybe that's another sign he may not be such a great lad.

That's not to say ETH is without fault overall as there are some amount of crocks on mad contracts. I honestly forgot Mason Mount even played for United.

I think on the Sancho issue I would say that a good majority of the fans would back ETH.

He was treated very well in terms of his break and ETH personally stepped in to get him back into a better space. Whatever way the fall out went, all it took was for Sancho to be professional about it, but by all accounts this is something he is totally lacking 'professionalism'.

ETH had the staff starting Sancho's day 1 hour earlier than the rest of the staff and players, to try and ensure he was ready for training. What sort of personality would need that level of attention?

The fall out was over his lack of application in training which ETH pointed out via a recording of the training in the lead up to the Arsenal game. Pretty cut and dry issue which he couldnt accept.

Agree fans backing EtH on this one. Fans definitely had enough of players ruling the roost and want a strong dictator  over the players.

Ethan Tremblay

Glad he is gone.  Ability wise he could have been a great asset, but his attitude would continue to drag the team down. 

The fact there is no buy clause in the loan move makes me think that United must be thinking if ETH goes at the end of the year (or before) would a new manager be able to deal with him and have him come back into the fold. 

I suspect the morale of the dressing room come the end of the year may have a say in whether ETH remains as well as results, he has publicly put down several players.  If a squad as a whole are unhappy with management it may be the end for him.   
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Captain Scarlet

I know lads are saying that fans back ETH here, but not if you look or listen to some of the English coverage where it's poor Jades. The BBC did a have your say thing and it's pretty much made him a martyr.

I'd agree with the idea that Ten Haag is out the door soon. Like I agree with him standing firm with Ronaldo but he also had needless spats too. Like wtf did Varane do? I know he is pushing on but he is still a good player and never seemed to have attitude problems.

Antony seems like a dose and then you add in the scandal. Like that does come down to him signing lads like that. McTominnay is not high quality but he was left out in the cold like Maguire and then when shit hit the fan he needed them and they turned up.

Like Klopp for example doesn't seem to sign dickheads very often and there is a culture under him that doesn't seem to be at United for years.

There's so much to fix!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2024, 09:15:36 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 09, 2024, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 09, 2024, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on January 09, 2024, 08:12:49 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 09, 2024, 03:07:09 PMLevy had little or nothing to do with it. Harry Kane wasn't leaving Spurs so he could go sideways / backwards with United. It's not 2004 anymore folks.

Casemiro and Varane went backwards.  As did Mount , well sideways at least.   Onana and Antony  moved to a club with as  much chance (or less) of  success as the clubs they were with.  Their wages likely quadrupled  at United , so   Kane  could have been possible  had he been  offered a silly money contract
United need to get away from giving wankers crazy money. Young hungry lads like Garnacho are the way forward. Pricks like Sancho are a waste of time getting a clean fortune and not giving a f**k. Antony isn't good enough but his effort can't be faulted.

I think Sancho will do fine back at Dortmund.

Yeah he will because he will be a big fish again in a relatively small pond. He proved that he couldn't hack it on the pitch and off it at Utd, hasn't got the mentality to be at the very top.

Best move for him and the club to get him out of there and away from the team. Will be interesting to see if it affects Rashford in any way.

[/quote Pity he didn't take Rashford with him

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 12, 2024, 04:36:57 PMI know lads are saying that fans back ETH here, but not if you look or listen to some of the English coverage where it's poor Jades. The BBC did a have your say thing and it's pretty much made him a martyr.

I'd agree with the idea that Ten Haag is out the door soon. Like I agree with him standing firm with Ronaldo but he also had needless spats too. Like wtf did Varane do? I know he is pushing on but he is still a good player and never seemed to have attitude problems.

Antony seems like a dose and then you add in the scandal. Like that does come down to him signing lads like that. McTominnay is not high quality but he was left out in the cold like Maguire and then when shit hit the fan he needed them and they turned up.

Like Klopp for example doesn't seem to sign dickheads very often and there is a culture under him that doesn't seem to be at United for years.

There's so much to fix!

Aye exactly what I mean.  If it comes to a vote of no confidence from the players on their views, he has surely fucked himself over burning bridges.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

statto

22 minutes for Sancho to get an assist last night.Thats him level on goal involvements with Antony and Hojlund with 23 starts in league this year. Any club can get a transfer deal wrong, but the fact ETH had Antony previously at Ajax makes the transfer an even bigger c**k up.

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on January 14, 2024, 09:36:23 AM22 minutes for Sancho to get an assist last night.Thats him level on goal involvements with Antony and Hojlund with 23 starts in league this year. Any club can get a transfer deal wrong, but the fact ETH had Antony previously at Ajax makes the transfer an even bigger c**k up.
Yeah I'd originally said Antony would have been ok as a squad player at small money but the more I see of him the more I think he wouldn't even be good enough for that. Would have James and Elanga who United got rid of recently over him any day. The fact he cost 80m plus probably mad wages is ridiculous.

Good riddance to Sancho. Absolute poison who got every chance at United. Just a pity he didn't take his mate Rashford with him.

Nanderson

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 14, 2024, 09:43:04 AM
Quote from: statto on January 14, 2024, 09:36:23 AM22 minutes for Sancho to get an assist last night.Thats him level on goal involvements with Antony and Hojlund with 23 starts in league this year. Any club can get a transfer deal wrong, but the fact ETH had Antony previously at Ajax makes the transfer an even bigger c**k up.
Yeah I'd originally said Antony would have been ok as a squad player at small money but the more I see of him the more I think he wouldn't even be good enough for that. Would have James and Elanga who United got rid of recently over him any day. The fact he cost 80m plus probably mad wages is ridiculous.

Good riddance to Sancho. Absolute poison who got every chance at United. Just a pity he didn't take his mate Rashford with him.
Says more about the level of the Bundesliga than what it says about Ten Hags judgement. Nearly 5 months out with no match sharpness and he can come into a team and provide an assist

Ghost

Antony should always be a massive stick to beat ETH with. How he pushed and pushed for a one footed winger he had worked with previously at ridiculous money thinking it would work in the Premier league is beyond me. Antony had a decent start to his Utd career scoring a few goals but once defenders caught on to him he's been stone useless. I honestly don't know how he's got as far as he has being so completely inept on his right foot.

Sancho is a p***k but hopefully he goes and has a decent season at Dortmund now so they can at least get a decent sell on price for him.

Rashford commenting under Sancho's instagram post in support of Sancho sums him up this season. Probably an explanation for why he's been walking round games like he's on his period all season. 

statto

Quote from: Ghost on January 14, 2024, 09:58:32 AMAntony should always be a massive stick to beat ETH with. How he pushed and pushed for a one footed winger he had worked with previously at ridiculous money thinking it would work in the Premier league is beyond me. Antony had a decent start to his Utd career scoring a few goals but once defenders caught on to him he's been stone useless. I honestly don't know how he's got as far as he has being so completely inept on his right foot.

Sancho is a p***k but hopefully he goes and has a decent season at Dortmund now so they can at least get a decent sell on price for him.

Rashford commenting under Sancho's instagram post in support of Sancho sums him up this season. Probably an explanation for why he's been walking round games like he's on his period all season. 
Would it not have been better for Rashford to give Sancho a call to wish him the best?Suppose it's the world we live in but not a great look him doing that as looks as though siding with Sancho, especially given what he's offered up this season.

Ghost

Quote from: statto on January 14, 2024, 10:14:33 AM
Quote from: Ghost on January 14, 2024, 09:58:32 AMAntony should always be a massive stick to beat ETH with. How he pushed and pushed for a one footed winger he had worked with previously at ridiculous money thinking it would work in the Premier league is beyond me. Antony had a decent start to his Utd career scoring a few goals but once defenders caught on to him he's been stone useless. I honestly don't know how he's got as far as he has being so completely inept on his right foot.

Would it not have been better for Rashford to give Sancho a call to wish him the best?Suppose it's the world we live in but not a great look him doing that as looks as though siding with Sancho, especially given what he's offered up this season.

My thoughts exactly. It's very much turned into a Sancho vs ETH situation and however minor Rashfords comments it's a bad look.

Armagh18

Quote from: statto on January 14, 2024, 10:14:33 AM

Rashford should get the same treatment.

snoopdog

As much as Ten Hag looks a dead man walking. Changing manager again will just give these guys another chance and another 2 years doing nothing. Sancho cannot be allowed to come back even though its hard to see anyone buying him. Rashfords number is up. He is not consistent.  Pogba and lingard are gone. Ronaldo  had to go after his petulance. Utd will get rid as many of the current squad as possible thus summer. And it will take a fe transfer windows. But Ten Hag can't be allowed the choice of who he wants to bring in. 

nrico2006

I'd sell Rashford in a heartbeat too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'