Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Captain Obvious

Quote from: square_ball on December 11, 2023, 10:21:14 PMhttps://x.com/andymitten/status/1734215946204524725?s=46

I know it's only training but f**king hell  ;D

Those players are either not arsed or aren't technically and tactically good enough. Seen the opposite with a similar training drill with Ten Hag when he was Ajax manager doing rounds.

Tonight Manchester United are 9/1 to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League. Need to beat Bayern Munich and hope it's a draw in the other game. Bayern Munich haven't lost a group stage match in the Champions League since September 2017 I doubt even Milltown Row2 will be tempted to place his two pounds on those odds.

J70

Bayern have absolutely nothing to play for. They're assured of first place. United are at home with everything on the line.

Surely United should be winning this game?

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2023, 05:56:10 PMBayern have absolutely nothing to play for. They're assured of first place. United are at home with everything on the line.

Bayern got pumped 5-1 at the wkd, you would think they would be coming with the mentality to maybe get back on track

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2023, 05:56:10 PMBayern have absolutely nothing to play for. They're assured of first place. United are at home with everything on the line.

Bayern Munich usually top their group and have nothing to play for come round 6. It's ten years since they lost a round 6 tie played 9, won 8 and 1 draw in that time. The one draw was 3-3 with Ten Hag's Ajax this day 5 years ago.

jcpen

Yeah I agree, they should be winning this game, Munich probably won't be at full strength either, would expect an United win. The other game has to end in a draw though which is less likely.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

Blowitupref

Quote from: jcpen on December 12, 2023, 06:32:07 PM

Yeah I agree, they should be winning this game, Munich probably won't be at full strength either, would expect an United win. The other game has to end in a draw though which is less likely.

Bayern Munich are starting with their strongest available team tonight. A match I'd expect Munich to win or at the very least draw.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 12, 2023, 07:11:20 PM
Quote from: jcpen on December 12, 2023, 06:32:07 PM

Bayern Munich are starting with their strongest available team tonight. A match I'd expect Munich to win or at the very least draw.

Based on current form Utd will get bate by 3, Kane possible hattrick with that for good measure...

All that said, Utd will win 2-0 ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Milltown Row2

That's a decent first 45...

Evans on though  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Still in it and only need 1 goal as things stand.
Old Trafford crowd very quiet though, only the Munich fans can be heard.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

Captain Obvious

Joanne Cantwell wearing a wig?

Milltown Row2

Think Bayern are doing enough to keep Utd at arm's length

The Bayern defenders are teak tough

Milltown Row2

Utds defenders getting ready for Anfield  ;)

screenexile

Pellistri and Hannibal on now... Bayern are quaking in their boots!!!