Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 04, 2023, 09:48:30 AMMiles off it all over the pitch, always going to be tough after travelling back from Istanbul though but Rashford & Martial were disgraceful; Very little effort put in from both players, Martial was a lost cause years ago but Rashford has been pathetic all season and deserves all the abuse coming his way. Dalot gave one of the worst displays I've ever seem from a United fullback, appalling from start to finish and McTominay wasn't much better. He was bullied from start to finish by Joelinton.

They've got to be careful with Hoylund but against a good side Martial won't cut it, need to bring a centre forward in this January. Maguire played well but if Ten Hag is still here next season then I don't think Maguire will, his reluctance too take the ball from Onana is an issue.

3 home games in a row and need 3 wins, I'm not optimistic.

Martial is 21 months away from a Utd testimonial. Sums Utd right up.

tiempo

The Glazers have been short changed frankly, imagine spending £1.5bn on transfers over 10 years (not to mention wages) for this to emerge, laughable.

Keyser soze

Anyone who has had the misfortune to work in an organisation with useless leadership will immediately recognise how the onfield performances are a reflection of the organisation as a whole. Feel really sorry for the succession of managers who have come in and had to deal with that shit show.

The onfield performances will never improve consistently whilst the same incompetents remain in charge.   

tiempo

SAF won 5 league titles and a european cup under the Glazer ownership.

The players and manager should be refunding their wages to Malcolm, Avram et al.

The organisation as a whole has invested billions in these clowns.

trailer

Quote from: tiempo on December 04, 2023, 11:55:00 AMSAF won 5 league titles and a european cup under the Glazer ownership.

The players and manager should be refunding their wages to Malcolm, Avram et al.

The organisation as a whole has invested billions in these clowns.

Ferguson and Gill ran that club. Every aspect. Now the manager runs just the first team. The recruitment and all other aspects fall to the Glazers and the imbeciles they put in place. Woodward was a perfect example. Hadn't a clue about recruitment, contracts that's why we've a load of unsuitable players who the club can't move on. Like Jose said when he spoke about players who had left, look where they play... IF they play. Off the field they are driven solely by commercial revenue, no social responsibility. No responsibility to look after the club, stadium falling down. They hadn't even a ladies team until they were shamed into it. And the Glazers haven't spent 1.5 billion, that is Utds money. Money the club generated. The Glazers haven't put one penny in and have taken millions of dividends.

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on December 04, 2023, 11:04:19 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 04, 2023, 09:48:30 AMMiles off it all over the pitch, always going to be tough after travelling back from Istanbul though but Rashford & Martial were disgraceful; Very little effort put in from both players, Martial was a lost cause years ago but Rashford has been pathetic all season and deserves all the abuse coming his way. Dalot gave one of the worst displays I've ever seem from a United fullback, appalling from start to finish and McTominay wasn't much better. He was bullied from start to finish by Joelinton.

They've got to be careful with Hoylund but against a good side Martial won't cut it, need to bring a centre forward in this January. Maguire played well but if Ten Hag is still here next season then I don't think Maguire will, his reluctance too take the ball from Onana is an issue.

3 home games in a row and need 3 wins, I'm not optimistic.

Martial is 21 months away from a Utd testimonial. Sums Utd right up.

That bollix is like  a stray cat that keeps  hanging around your house , stinking the place out. No  matter how many times you chase  it away or ignore it , he  never goes away

Then one day , you catch the bollix, drive  20 miles and dump him off (his loan move to Sevilla). A few weeks later , you open your front door, and the bollix  is staring at you!

Captain Scarlet

Growing up as MASSIVE United fan I really envy Liverpool now. They just seem like decent lads and even the normally cringey bts social media stuff shows them to be sound and a laugh.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

DuffleKing

What's the story with Varane at this point?

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 04, 2023, 02:02:20 PMGrowing up as MASSIVE United fan I really envy Liverpool now. They just seem like decent lads and even the normally cringey bts social media stuff shows them to be sound and a laugh.

Theres not to many United lads like that.

Bord na Mona man

There is part of me that admires the sheer brazenness of Martial and Rashford. They're not trying to hide their contempt for putting in a shift.

Some players at loggerheads with a club still put on a facade for the fans, badge kissing, running around to be noticed, throwing in dirty tackles.
These two are one step short of bringing an armchair and crossword puzzle onto the pitch with them.

In the Ferguson era, a player that got ahead of himself was gone - think of Ince, Beckham, Kanchelskis, Heinze and Tevez. Now it's completely flipped, players can down tools to usher the manager out the door.

Armagh18

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 04, 2023, 03:39:13 PMThere is part of me that admires the sheer brazenness of Martial and Rashford. They're not trying to hide their contempt for putting in a shift.

Some players at loggerheads with a club still put on a facade for the fans, badge kissing, running around to be noticed, throwing in dirty tackles.
These two are one step short of bringing an armchair and crossword puzzle onto the pitch with them.

In the Ferguson era, a player that got ahead of himself was gone - think of Ince, Beckham, Kanchelskis, Heinze and Tevez. Now it's completely flipped, players can down tools to usher the manager out the door.

Thats part of the reason I'd rather keep Ten Hag and road the likes of them 2. These clowns have downed tools under multiple managers now. I'd sooner play an under 18 as Rashford tbh.

NAG1

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 04, 2023, 03:47:28 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 04, 2023, 03:39:13 PMThere is part of me that admires the sheer brazenness of Martial and Rashford. They're not trying to hide their contempt for putting in a shift.

Thats part of the reason I'd rather keep Ten Hag and road the likes of them 2. These clowns have downed tools under multiple managers now. I'd sooner play an under 18 as Rashford tbh.

Hopefully it proves to be the case, but if Radcliffe can take control of the sporting side of the club some of the names that have been mentioned with him are all about building culture. Brailsford has been named as a potential sporting director, he for example is a serious high performance sport person. I don't think this kind of attitude would be tolerated in a high performance environment which he would be creating.

Maybe that is wishful thinking with this takeover in general but it is what I would be hoping for.

AustinPowers

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 04, 2023, 02:35:48 PMWhat's the story with Varane at this point?

Still made of glass 

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on December 04, 2023, 03:57:40 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 04, 2023, 03:47:28 PM

Hopefully it proves to be the case, but if Radcliffe can take control of the sporting side of the club some of the names that have been mentioned with him are all about building culture. Brailsford has been named as a potential sporting director, he for example is a serious high performance sport person. I don't think this kind of attitude would be tolerated in a high performance environment which he would be creating.

Maybe that is wishful thinking with this takeover in general but it is what I would be hoping for.

Are you for real?

A) it would be Woodward at Southampton on steroids

B) drug testing in football better then anything Brailsford ever faced

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 04, 2023, 04:15:04 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 04, 2023, 02:35:48 PMWhat's the story with Varane at this point?

Still made of glass 
Think its a fallout. Been shite anyway, I'd say he'll be in Saudi soon