Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 04, 2023, 09:12:00 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2023, 08:47:55 AM
I think this counter attack or dominating the ball debate is a little distracting.

Arsenal are now a good bit down the track of their system of play and have backed that system in the market bringing in the exact players Arteta requests, while he has spent money I dont think ETH is getting the targets that would be top of the lists. So it's a bit catch 22.

Full out with first 11 they could match most of the top six on their day, but thing that would worry me more is the mentality of lack of it in the tough moments in games. Doesnt seem to be a steely edge to them that teams of the past had, this Sancho carry on it just another example of the type of character that they have at the club.

Antony was Ten Haags man and nearly 100 million wasted on him. Most players brought in played in Dutch league so he's definitely getting his targets.

Looking at MOTD2 I actually felt sorry for Antony they couldn't get him the ball. I think he's fairly limited anyway but he was free and looking for it on a number of occasions!

statto

Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2023, 08:22:30 PM
Hojlund looked very promising in his cameo.

Not such good news re Sancho. ETH said he was dropped from the squad today because he wasn't putting it in in training (or words to that effect).

Jaysis, Sancho has issued a statement in response to Ten Hag's comments. Said he conducted himself very well in training this week and believes there are other reasons for him not being picked in the squad, which he won't go into. Says he's been a scapegoat for a long time 🤔
But he respects all decisions made by the coaching staff.
Pack the bags time for Sancho.

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2023, 09:15:39 AM
I think this counter attack or dominating the ball debate is a little distracting.

Arsenal are now a good bit down the track of their system of play and have backed that system in the market bringing in the exact players Arteta requests, while he has spent money I dont think ETH is getting the targets that would be top of the lists. So it's a bit catch 22.

Full out with first 11 they could match most of the top six on their day, but thing that would worry me more is the mentality of lack of it in the tough moments in games. Doesnt seem to be a steely edge to them that teams of the past had, this Sancho carry on it just another example of the type of character that they have at the club.

Antony was Ten Haags man and nearly 100 million wasted on him. Most players brought in played in Dutch league so he's definitely getting his targets.

Looking at MOTD2 I actually felt sorry for Antony they couldn't get him the ball. I think he's fairly limited anyway but he was free and looking for it on a number of occasions!

Interesting, as in the bit I watched that they highlighted, he was free but not really looking for it at all!

TabClear

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2023, 10:35:44 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 04, 2023, 09:15:39 AM

Interesting, as in the bit I watched that they highlighted, he was free but not really looking for it at all!

Possibly a case of

1) Arsenal happy for him to have it as they have seen what he does with it and ;
2) Team mates not happy for him to have it as they have seen what he does with it

Mourne Red

square_ball

Quote from: statto on September 04, 2023, 09:41:24 AM
Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2023, 08:22:30 PM
Hojlund looked very promising in his cameo.

Not such good news re Sancho. ETH said he was dropped from the squad today because he wasn't putting it in in training (or words to that effect).

Jaysis, Sancho has issued a statement in response to Ten Hag's comments. Said he conducted himself very well in training this week and believes there are other reasons for him not being picked in the squad, which he won't go into. Says he's been a scapegoat for a long time 🤔
But he respects all decisions made by the coaching staff.
Pack the bags time for Sancho.

The problem with that and in the case of a few others is that no one is paying the reported £350k he is on so he'll be happy enough to stick around at United.

JPGJOHNNYG

And there is the problem that keeps being repeated. One good season at Dortmund and we throw a ton of cash at someone who hasn't actually done anything or proven themselves

mouview

Onana played under him at one time also, and doesn't look to be any significant improvement on De Gea. Doesn't appear as if ETH's judgement of a player is any great shakes.

NAG1

Quote from: mouview on September 04, 2023, 01:16:21 PM

Onana played under him at one time also, and doesn't look to be any significant improvement on De Gea. Doesn't appear as if ETH's judgement of a player is any great shakes.

Onana is a complete upgrade on De Gea for the way ETH wants the team to play. He is comfortable on the ball receiving and giving passes around the back line, take a few games to bed in but I thought he was one of the brighter aspects to the performance on Sunday.

trailer

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 04, 2023, 12:45:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2023, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 03, 2023, 10:37:14 PM
Rice Rice baby  8)

And I thought Trailer was juvenile   ;D

Was just giving a bit back lol

Far to many people take this too serious.
Gunnersuarus be a happy Dino last night.

Blowitupref

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2023, 01:23:29 PM
Quote from: mouview on September 04, 2023, 01:16:21 PM

Onana is a complete upgrade on De Gea for the way ETH wants the team to play. He is comfortable on the ball receiving and giving passes around the back line, take a few games to bed in but I thought he was one of the brighter aspects to the performance on Sunday.

DeGea was making big errors that led to goals  against West Ham, Sevilla away especially last season. Final straw for him at the club was probably his final game and how he struggled with his distribution.
https://youtu.be/SBqXD7X0Iqo?si=MBMRNt3lbhdexqNx
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mrdeeds

Didn't realise Martinez asked to come off even though not injured.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 04, 2023, 06:21:17 PM
Didn't realise Martinez asked to come off even though not injured.

Was getting treatment before taken off and it was said after the game he had a problem on his foot, toward the end of last season he got metatarsal injury in the same foot not so this time as its reported he will link up with Argentina for the upcoming international matches.

When you add in Lindelöf taken off with an illness, Shaw who would have filled in at centre back if he was available and of course Varane out injured United probably finished with their most patched up defence ever in the Premier league which included Maguire who they tried to sell and Evans in his mid 30s,out of contract and played just 13 times in a relegated team last year. No surprise both were very poor on those two added goals conceded.

trailer

Hopefully that's the last we see of Sancho. Another stupid Ole signing.

Aaron Boone

Ten Hag was a VAR inch away from his team winning yesterday.

Then implodes in injury time and a rotten 24 hours to follow.