Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Ten Haag passed a big test tonight by dropping Maguire and Ronaldo and the players responded by putting in a shift. It's amazing the improvement when the manager picks players that actually want to work. You would have to think that Ronaldo and Maguire's days are numbered and if De Jong and Antony come in then United are good enough to get top 4. However I wouldn't be getting too carried away, Liverpool look like an ageing team that might struggle to make top 4 themselves.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stiffler on August 22, 2022, 07:12:13 PM
Ten hag has taken the strong decision in dropping Maguire, Fred and Ronaldo. Could be a pivotal night in his managerial career.

All proved to be correct decisions and one manager that won't be afraid to make brave calls.

Hard earned and deserved win tonight. Great bit of individual skill by Sancho on the opener the build up play was as good as any goal United have scored against Liverpool while Rashford continues his good goal scoring record against Liverpool.

Tonight goes to show no matter how inconsistent and flaky certain United players are they can still produce a win against anyone if the required intensity, aggression is applied and cut out on the individual errors.

snoopdog

No ones getting carried away. Great performance against a poor team. Should've scored more. We've been here before with 1 big performance. Maguire and shaw shouldn't be back in thr team bar cover.

mouview

Quote from: yellowcard on August 22, 2022, 10:02:54 PM
Ten Haag passed a big test tonight by dropping Maguire and Ronaldo and the players responded by putting in a shift. It's amazing the improvement when the manager picks players that actually want to work. You would have to think that Ronaldo and Maguire's days are numbered and if De Jong and Antony come in then United are good enough to get top 4. However I wouldn't be getting too carried away, Liverpool look like an ageing team that might struggle to make top 4 themselves.

Dropped Shaw just as importantly. 'Pool a club in a hidden crisis though - suddenly look old and lacking in inspiration. TAA is terrible and how Milner can keep getting picked is a mystery.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: mouview on August 22, 2022, 10:21:32 PM

Dropped Shaw just as importantly. 'Pool a club in a hidden crisis though - suddenly look old and lacking in inspiration. TAA is terrible and how Milner can keep getting picked is a mystery.

I've been waiting for the Klopp dip to come and we might just be beginning to witness it. That intensity of play isn't sustainable over 4 or 5 years. Midfield suffering.

Milltown Row2

Inhalers must be all used up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 22, 2022, 10:38:47 PM

I've been waiting for the Klopp dip to come and we might just be beginning to witness it. That intensity of play isn't sustainable over 4 or 5 years. Midfield suffering.

Klopp has covered up for the sins of tight fisted owners in the same way that Ferguson was able to cover for the Glazers.
When he goes they might not get a similar pound stretching manager.

AustinPowers

I never  doubted what's his name. Great manager

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 22, 2022, 10:56:37 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 22, 2022, 10:38:47 PM

Klopp has covered up for the sins of tight fisted owners in the same way that Ferguson was able to cover for the Glazers.
When he goes they might not get a similar pound stretching manager.
You think?

Klopp took over a very average Liverpool team off the back of years of mismanagement and a squad filled with duds. He with help of shrewd Michael Edwards was allowed to build his own team Fabinho,Salah,Jota,Mane all over 30M, Becker over 60M, Van Dijk over 70M etc and recent signings Konaté,Diaz and Nunez between 35 and 80M.

Ferguson no doubt covered for what was to come and the last decade is all down to the Glazers not having competent people over the transfers,players contracts and recruitment.

Turf

Top 4 is going to be a real battle. City are a shoe in so that leaves 3 spots left.

Arsenal and Spurs seem to have got their shit together and Chelsea and Liverpool will surely find some form soon, though maybe not who knows.

I dunno if Man United are good enough to get Top 4. They were excellent last night but they were dire the first two games. So which is the real Man United? I would suggest somewhere in the middle.

trailer

EtH made the big calls and it paid off. Maguire, Ronaldo, Fred, Shaw all who have been posting performances in dropped. And he was rewarded. Varane and Martinez looked assured a the back. Fernandes looked more like the Fernandes who arrived that Jan. Rashford was ok. Still gave the ball away far too easy for me a few times but hopefully he turns a corner. But this is just the minimum that you expect and they need to back this up with another performance against Southampton next.
Cassimerio in for McTominay and you're not far away from the 11. Still need a striker.

Maguire should be put on the Megabus straight to London and Chelsea or whoever wants to ruin their team and sign him. He's a Fulham player in all honesty. McTominay, Ronaldo the same. Get shot.

This is step 1. They've about 3,651,458,746 more steps to go.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2022, 10:50:27 PM
Inhalers must be all used up

Cat's out of the bag and they have had to limit there use.

magpie seanie

Sad to see some Jamie Carraghers on here after last night. Don't be him.

Maguire and Shaw need to be out the door. McTominay and Fred - never play them together. Last night's back 4 is the best available. AWB adequate too. Ronaldo will be fine once he gets up to speed - had no preseason. A good performance and result but need this consistently. Getting poison like Maguire and Shaw out the door will help greatly.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2022, 11:24:57 AM
Sad to see some Jamie Carraghers on here after last night. Don't be him.

Maguire and Shaw need to be out the door. McTominay and Fred - never play them together. Last night's back 4 is the best available. AWB adequate too. Ronaldo will be fine once he gets up to speed - had no preseason. A good performance and result but need this consistently. Getting poison like Maguire and Shaw out the door will help greatly.

Yep. And give the armband to Bruno. He reacted well to having it last night. Just needs to cut out the crying at the ref.