Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

I'm coming at in terms of natural ability rather than application or longevity.  For me the original Ronaldo had more natural ability.  Moutinho said more or less the same lately - he worked with him at Barca under Bobby Robson. It's a bit like the Maradona v Messi or Ronaldo debate again around quality and record over a number of years. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

rodney trotter

Brazilian Ronaldo was brilliant but too much of a good time Charlie like Ronaldinho

Christiano Ronaldo is older then Rooney and Rooney is retired. Ronaldo looked after himself and dedicated

BennyCake

Ronaldo will be  37 in February. He could easily play until he is 40 (end of 2024/25 season). He clearly looks after himself really well,  and his game has changed in recent years which should help add to his longevity

rodney trotter

No reason why he couldn't. Giggs played into his 40s. Zlatan will be 40 in October and still going well with Milan.
He was 35 when he joined United and was brilliant before the injury.

Cunny Funt

Dan James sold to Leeds for €28m with add ons. Will some of that money go towards a much needed CDM before this transfer window closes?

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 07:26:40 PM
Dan James sold to Leeds for €28m with add ons. Will some of that money go towards a much needed CDM before this transfer window closes?

That's a serious fee for a bit part player who didn't make much of an impact at United.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 07:26:40 PM

Was he the fella bought from Swansea who was supposed to be a flier down the wings?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

How much was James bought for?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2021, 09:11:29 PM

19 I think. Funny thing is he has played this year, maybe that helps with the sale, valuation etc. Useless though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Helix.

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 30, 2021, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2021, 09:11:29 PM

19 I think. Funny thing is he has played this year, maybe that helps with the sale, valuation etc. Useless though.
More power to him. Just didn't work out. A Welsh Traore; plenty of speed but no end product when it boils down to it.

rrhf

Ever seen the film Moneyball. Leeds manager will get the best out of him..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 03:38:39 PM

It's a good deal for both clubs and for the player who should get more regular starts now. The price United got is showing the influence of John Murtough, then again anyone would be better than Woodward on transfers.

These Leeds fans left a little embarrassed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectFootbalI/status/1432405532221059078

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2021, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2021, 03:38:39 PM

It's a good deal for both clubs and for the player who should get more regular starts now. The price United got is showing the influence of John Murtough, then again anyone would be better than Woodward on transfers.

These Leeds fans left a little embarrassed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectFootbalI/status/1432405532221059078
Probably as embarrassed as the Man United fans burning Ronaldo jerseys last week.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Best of luck to young Daniel, always came across as a decent lad. I'd have kept him rather than 3/4 others but I guess some cash has to be clawed back.

Decent window, a couple of holes in squad still need plugged though.

Armagh18

Probably arguably the best team in the league on paper bar cm. The attacking threat (on paper) is something else.