Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

It does take a season to work players out, their movement, positioning and such, managers will try and work it out, they will try.

It's up to Salah to stay ahead of the rest, even if he scores half of what he's done this year that will be a good return.

I dont see any reason why he'd leave, he seems really happy there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 12:51:43 PM
It does take a season to work players out, their movement, positioning and such, managers will try and work it out, they will try.

It's up to Salah to stay ahead of the rest, even if he scores half of what he's done this year that will be a good return.

I dont see any reason why he'd leave, he seems really happy there

I agree that the "targetting" becomes better as teams have more evidence to go on. Teams definitely coped better with him towards the end of the season (Pieters from Stoke stands out in particular).

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 17, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.
I'd say Conte has the same contract as LVG had whereby no champions league qualification means he won't be manager next season with that mind the Chelsea players will probably lift themselves and look to win the FA Cup for Conte much like the United players did for LVG in 2016

trailer

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 17, 2018, 03:11:24 PM
Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.
I'd say Conte has the same contract as LVG had whereby no champions league qualification means he won't be manager next season with that mind the Chelsea players will probably lift themselves and look to win the FA Cup for Conte much like the United players did for LVG in 2016

The way the Chelski players have played this year it looks like they hate Conte and his stupid hair implants. But it's a cup final and I would imagine they will give it a real go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

The way the Chelski players have played this year it looks like they hate Conte and his stupid hair implants. But it's a cup final and I would imagine they will give it a real go.

They are pretty decent implants  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

No Martial in the French WC squad?  Lack of game but time has obviously cost him but strange decision all the same.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2018, 09:06:42 PM
No Martial in the French WC squad?  Lack of game but time has obviously cost him but strange decision all the same.

Lacazette omission is a bigger surprise.

Milltown Row2

Must be some team to leave out those two, still young though.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

They are pretty decent implants  :o
+1. I would kill to have Conte's luscious hair.

nrico2006

Surprised that Giroud and Dembele are in the squad ahead of Martial.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2018, 09:06:42 PM

That and being shit

Captain Obvious

The French are known for leaving good players out of their tournament panels. Eric Cantona,David Ginola and Jean Pierre Papin for example.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 17, 2018, 11:52:03 PM
The French are known for leaving good players out of their tournament panels. Eric Cantona,David Ginola and Jean Pierre Papin for example.

France left Cantona out in 96 when he was the best player in the league, they'd have gone close on winning Euro 96 with the great man.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 18, 2018, 09:46:53 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 17, 2018, 11:52:03 PM

France left Cantona out in 96 when he was the best player in the league, they'd have gone close on winning Euro 96 with the great man.

Well hopefully if Martial is still at the club come the new season he will have benefitted from the summer off and will come back with a bit of fire in him to prove them wrong. It is probably a French thing but he does seem very laid back, be interesting to see him really fired up and going at teams, he has so much potential.

TabClear

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 17, 2018, 11:11:40 PM
Surprised that Giroud and Dembele are in the squad ahead of Martial.

Giroud gives them something different so I can understand that, for me it was a tossup between Dembele and Martial.