Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

All of them with 8.41 left on the clock! Who were you missing?

Milltown Row2

Is that the best result in the Grey colours ever? Managed to pick each other out tonight handy enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Missed one. Was agonising over it for ages. Made senses when I saw it obviously.  The farther back the better my memory is.

magpie seanie

Have to say last night looked really good. Martial in particular looked sensational (which I'm really happy about, lad has immense talent) and as mentioned there was none of the classic Jose hoof it down the channels to the big man. How much of this is down to CSKA being rubbish? Who knows? Important to win the next match and then they're almost qualified.

Keyser soze

Never thought Jose was a 'lump it up to the big man' man exceot on an odd occasion last year with Fellaini. His Chelsea teams played some brilliant stuff, I could never understand why some people haf such a poor view of how his teams played route 1 or negative football.

Boycey

Ah Seanie you give praise with one hand and snatch it back with the other :)

Maroon Manc

Great result and a good performance, looks like the gap between the top English clubs and the top teams has closed. United, City, Spurs & Chelsea are all capable of going to the last 4 or even further dependent on the luck of the draw. This years competition could be on of the best as there's a lot more teams on a similar level. Mourinho will be looking to that final CL fixture in the hope that United have qualified as group winners as its between Arsenal away and City at home.

Hopefully some of those injuries clear up over the international break and the return of Zlatan won't be that far away too.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 28, 2017, 10:09:57 AM
Never thought Jose was a 'lump it up to the big man' man exceot on an odd occasion last year with Fellaini. His Chelsea teams played some brilliant stuff, I could never understand why some people haf such a poor view of how his teams played route 1 or negative football.
If it gets repeated enough times, people start to believe it though.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 28, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
Mourinhos teams over the years have been built on work ethic. Physically and mentally strong can mix styles if needed and can win some games playing ugly which is a normal requirement to win titles.

under the bar

A myth peddled mainly by supporters of perennial losers Arsenal and Liverpool.

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 28, 2017, 05:47:58 PM
Mourinhos teams over the years have been built on work ethic. Physically and mentally strong can mix styles if needed and can win some games playing ugly which is a normal requirement to win titles.

Aye Barca/Real(without Jose)/Bayern/PSG all play ugly football to win their titles 😂😂

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2017, 07:39:14 PM

Aye Barca/Real(without Jose)/Bayern/PSG all play ugly football to win their titles 😂😂
Did you miss the "some" games? Alex Fergusons best Manchester United teams were well capable of winning some games playing ugly.

Lazy stereotyping of Mourinhos teams proves how little you have watched them or maybe you just don't want to admit his teams could mix it with the best.

under the bar

Do you think it's a coincidence that the teams you mention financially dominate the leagues in question?  Not difficult to win playing pretty football when you can buy the world's best players!!

Syferus

Quote from: under the bar on September 28, 2017, 10:48:34 PM

Do you think it's a coincidence that the teams you mention financially dominate the leagues in question?  Not difficult to win playing pretty football when you can buy the world's best players!!

You say that as if being in the EPL and being Manchester United aren't two licenses to print money.