Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: yellowcard on November 30, 2016, 10:50:54 PM
Good performance and result tonight. Maybe it's an advantage not having Mourinho in the dug out with the circus that seems to accompany him.

I do not think thats a factor to be fair, these lads are top level pros and I doubtvtgey put too much stock in anyone except in each other when the ball is kicked in.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Maybe they feel less pressure in these secondary competitions and the finishing is more assured? I don't know. Perhaps bucko ranting and raving on the sideline is a problem. Faria looked quite assured last night and seems to relate very well to the players on my casual observances.

I was delighted for Schweinsteiger last night with the reception he got, crowd cheered every touch, and the urgency he showed late on to help create the 4th goal. He looked a little trimmer to me and his abilities are certainly not surplus to requirements in this squad in my view. Also happy for Martial to get a few goals. Should have had at least one more but you could see his confidence rise with the goals. Rooney's rejuvenation is staggering. Playing so badly for so long I assumed he was simply done. His touch was awful, legs were gone etc.....he looks a different player these last few weeks. How long will it last - not sure. He still shouldn't always start but I'm happy for him to be around now. Tony V brilliant again. People underestimate how much of a loss he was last year.....his injury coincided with United's slide. He's like having two players, a full back and a winger.

On a slightly negative note.....I'm having serious doubts about where Pogba fits in with all of this. He certainly was not missed last night. Food for thought. Glad to see Fellaini is not getting game time. Nothing against him, he does try his best, but he's simply not cut out to play in this team. A rare but bad mistake by DDG for their goal but thankfully it didn't cost United.

Finally - Mkhitaryan. I might be in danger of going over the top but this guy looks really special. He looks like he is skating on the pitch, moving the ball with either foot with such ease....I'm excited to see how this develops. His pace and accuracy of play could be the piece of the puzzle that has been missing attacking wise for a while now.

Hull will be tricky. Mickey Phelan will have them ready but United have a great chance of getting to Wembley.

Tough away game to Everton on Sunday. A win is necessary.

Maroon Manc

We were great to watch again last night, delighted to see Martial back and playing well as along with Mkhitaryan I though they'd be 2 of the best players in the league this season. Rooney's done well the last 2 games he's started, their the best 2 performances I've seen from him since Fergie left; He's certainly benefited from playing with Mkhitaryan. I think Martial will start on Sunday but doubt Mkhitaryan will, can see Mata in for him and Pogba in for Rooney.

Another terrible performance from a referee, he missed the challenge on Zlatan which is clearly a straight red, he missed the kick to Rooney's face which is a pen and then booked Rooney & Valencia when both West Ham players dived.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 01, 2016, 09:46:15 AM
Maybe they feel less pressure in these secondary competitions and the finishing is more assured? I don't know. Perhaps bucko ranting and raving on the sideline is a problem. Faria looked quite assured last night and seems to relate very well to the players on my casual observances.

I was delighted for Schweinsteiger last night with the reception he got, crowd cheered every touch, and the urgency he showed late on to help create the 4th goal. He looked a little trimmer to me and his abilities are certainly not surplus to requirements in this squad in my view. Also happy for Martial to get a few goals. Should have had at least one more but you could see his confidence rise with the goals. Rooney's rejuvenation is staggering. Playing so badly for so long I assumed he was simply done. His touch was awful, legs were gone etc.....he looks a different player these last few weeks. How long will it last - not sure. He still shouldn't always start but I'm happy for him to be around now. Tony V brilliant again. People underestimate how much of a loss he was last year.....his injury coincided with United's slide. He's like having two players, a full back and a winger.

On a slightly negative note.....I'm having serious doubts about where Pogba fits in with all of this. He certainly was not missed last night. Food for thought. Glad to see Fellaini is not getting game time. Nothing against him, he does try his best, but he's simply not cut out to play in this team. A rare but bad mistake by DDG for their goal but thankfully it didn't cost United.

Finally - Mkhitaryan. I might be in danger of going over the top but this guy looks really special. He looks like he is skating on the pitch, moving the ball with either foot with such ease....I'm excited to see how this develops. His pace and accuracy of play could be the piece of the puzzle that has been missing attacking wise for a while now.

Hull will be tricky. Mickey Phelan will have them ready but United have a great chance of getting to Wembley.

Tough away game to Everton on Sunday. A win is necessary.

Fellaini was suspended and unfortunately think he'll be involved until the end of the season, Schneiderlin's time at OT looks over though; He'll be moved on in the summer or even earlier if he brings someone in come January.

Pogab has been our best player in the last month, I think he's really starting to understand his role.

I was hopeful that at the start of the season our front 6 would be Carrick, Herrera, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial & Zlatan for the big game; I'm far more hopeful for the Spurs game that will be the team. I do think against weaker teams teams there's no need for a midfield 3 though and another attacking player can come in.

Clean sheets are an issue though, defensively we've been good the last month and teams aren't creating too many chances against us but we're conceding too many poor game, individuals mistakes are costing us. Valencia has become an outstanding right back and certainly hasn't got anywhere near the credit over the last 18 months for his performances.

GJL

FFS more handy points dropped needlessly.  :-\. The only positive is that maybe Fellaini will not see game time again.

under the bar

Bringing Fellaini on see out a 1-0 lead was a poor decision.  He's as likely to concede a free as make an interception.  Jose has to look at himself firstly when criticism of dropping points is being dished out.

One crumb of comfort today was the look on Jamie never-won-the-league's face when Liverpool filled the bags again. Priceless.

Cunny Funt

Fellaini moment of stupidity is why United dropped two points today hard to believe a player as poor as him has now played 100 times for the club.

United were average as best today created feck all got a goal from a goalkeeper mistake and Rojo was extremely lucky to avoid red in the 1st half. TBH a draw was a fair result.

seafoid

How come Barca could get over losing Pep but Fergie going has banjaxed Man Utd?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on December 04, 2016, 07:46:54 PM
How come Barca could get over losing Pep but Fergie going has banjaxed Man Utd?
Barcelona won a few league titles and champions league under Frank Rijkaard before Pep arrived. Manchester United have returned to where they were before Alex Ferguson arrived, minus the loads cash available for transfers and a bigger stadium.

Sheedy

Quote from: GJL on December 04, 2016, 06:50:08 PM
FFS more handy points dropped needlessly:-\. The only positive is that maybe Fellaini will not see game time again.
more handy points dropped?? united were gifted a goal by steklenberg and hit the bar in the 2nd half, apart from that evertons keeper never had to make a save. the 1st half was pretty even, utd were on top at start of 2nd half but everton dominated the last 30 minutes. rojo was as clear a red as you'll ever see and ibrahimovic could have went as well for a sly kick at colemans head. draw probably fair result.
nil satis nisi optimum

GJL

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 04, 2016, 08:08:26 PM
FFS more handy points dropped needlessly:-\. The only positive is that maybe Fellaini will not see game time again.
more handy points dropped?? united were gifted a goal by steklenberg and hit the bar in the 2nd half, apart from that evertons keeper never had to make a save. the 1st half was pretty even, utd were on top at start of 2nd half but everton dominated the last 30 minutes. rojo was as clear a red as you'll ever see and ibrahimovic could have went as well for a sly kick at colemans head. draw probably fair result.

All fair points but when you are winning a game at 85 minutes you should be able to hold on for the 3 points. That is what I meant.

With regards to Fergie, I think he would be winning the league with this squad or at least challenging.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on December 04, 2016, 08:25:27 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 04, 2016, 08:08:26 PM

All fair points but when you are winning a game at 85 minutes you should be able to hold on for the 3 points. That is what I meant.

With regards to Fergie, I think he would be winning the league with this squad or at least challenging.

Well a Liverpool proved today that you can't hang on to a lead and hope to win, dreadful game if I'm being honest, watched it up to 80th minute and at no point did it look safe... fitness levels are as poor, no pressing no pressure put on Everton at all, Utd need a 2 goal lead to not lose or draw!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

That was a straight red for Rojo. And for Zlatan on Coleman.

yellowcard

Deserved nothing more than a draw today, it was a mediocre performance and Everton weren't much better. Normally a point at Goodison would be perfectly acceptable but they were struggling for form and Utd can't afford to lose any more ground to those teams further up the table. I've never been a fan of Mourinho and I don't think he is a good fit for the club with all the histrionics, baggage, confrontational approach and attention seeking that he brings. If he had brought success it could have been tolerated somewhat but it's hard to escape the feeling that he is yesterday's man. A truer gauge of this view is Chelsea's performances this season. I do think Mourinho deserves time and patience now that he is in the job but I'd worry if he were to miss out on top 4 since you would have to think he will turn on something or somebody before the season is out before he would allow that to happen. Fellaini never was and never will be a Man Utd player and he is one of several players that needs gutting out asap.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 30, 2016, 11:53:54 AM

Refs are human beings and you need to know how to handle them...like Ferguson did.

Like badger, intimidate and undermine them at every occasion?