Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: beer baron on May 23, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
Woohoo!!!!!He's gone  :D :D :D
It'll be great. David Moyes was shafted as well. It was super afterwards

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 23, 2016, 06:43:54 PM
Some nonsense on here from Mourinho passed his sell by date to the manager is not the problem but the Glazers. Mourinho this time last year was manager of the league champions and as much I hate the glazers they are not responsible for LVG's poor performances as a manager this year.

As for the style of football we haven't been great to watch since 2008 and Mourinho's teams aren't that bad to watch.

A rumour started last week that Mourinho wants Brian Kidd back involved in the club, Fergie really will be furious if that happens.

As for our captain marvel he has shown his true colours leaking information to Daniel Taylor & Mark Ogden over the weekend. Rooney really is a c**t.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/79243fec-067f-11e6-9b51-0fb5e65703ce.html

"The innovator's early success guarantees him a long ride at the top. This summer, Guardiola, aged 45, will hop from Bayern Munich to Manchester City. But judging by past innovative managers, he has already peaked. By 45, Johan Cruyff, Arrigo Sacchi and Van Gaal had won their last European trophies. By contrast, less tactically innovative coaches who excel as man managers — notably Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti — tend to remain successful for longer.
The penultimate stage is where Van Gaal is now: the bewildered old former innovator. The patient passing game he installed at Ajax 25 years ago can no longer pull apart modern defences. Meanwhile his lasting innovations — for instance, making his forwards ceaselessly press opponents to win the ball — have been copied by everyone else. He keeps chopping and changing unproductively at Manchester United, because he no longer knows what to do. Likewise, all Wenger's past innovations have long since become best practice across football."

Mourinho won the Cl in 2004 and again in 2010.
What did he do with Real ?
He is not a man manager, is he ? Ask Casillas
His last season at Chelski was a pantomime

There are far better young fellas like Poch and Tuchel.

Another dud move by the Glazers and Ed know nothing Woodward

Captain Obvious

No surprise that Van Gaals three year contact has been terminated one year early. The minimum target each season  was to finish fourth in a poor premier league. In Fergusons last twenty seasons with Manchester United not once did they finish outside the top four that type of consistency could now return under Jose Mourinho.

Milltown Row2

Obviously ruffling a few feathers by thon teams that had an awful season... again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BarryBreensBandage

All this BS about the United style and fans expecting exciting football - there were long periods where the football under SAF was tripe, especially their European nights. But he won things and that makes looking back all the more rose-coloured. 

I actually thought he had cracked it when they were stuffing Real Madrid in that semi final and Nani got sent off - I thought SAF had finally worked out how to play European Football that was exciting to watch. If only he had been a few years younger.

There was definitely something else at play at Chelsea when Mourinho was there. I remember seeing how he went for a few players and didn't have the backing to sign them; it is also now accepted that he was very much against Cech leaving, and it came down to who really ran the show.

And then the backing of the doctor when she was fired was probably when you noticed him losing interest. And who could blame him?
The success that he had brought Chelsea and for the club as a whole to not support him or even try to resolve the problem left him out on a limb.

Going right back to his Porto days, what Mourinho always delivered was a team that would die for a win, be it a boring 1-0. My only worry if he does take over is that there are too many in that Utd squad that won't buy into the commitment that he will expect. And they will react like the professional pussycats at Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and get him the sack.

I don't think Mourinho having this 3 year turnaround at clubs has anything to do with him - I think it is more that the players get their winners medals, get their heads turned, and then under perform because their drive doesn't match his.

This goes for the board as well. Maybe Chelsea FC got used to Mourinho winning the EPL as bread and butter and that apathy affected him.

The reason I like him is because he talks it and walks it; I admire that in people.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

grantwool

Your thoughts about Mourinho replacing LVG?

stew

Some nonsense on here from Mourinho passed his sell by date to the manager is not the problem but the Glazers. Mourinho this time last year was manager of the league champions and as much I hate the glazers they are not responsible for LVG's poor performances as a manager this year.

As for the style of football we haven't been great to watch since 2008 and Mourinho's teams aren't that bad to watch.

A rumour started last week that Mourinho wants Brian Kidd back involved in the club, Fergie really will be furious if that happens.

As for our captain marvel he has shown his true colours leaking information to Daniel Taylor & Mark Ogden over the weekend. Rooney really is a c**t.

Time will tell, it does no matter how good you are as a coach if the players don't play for you, United's players will back him if they like him, if not he is fucked, my money is on him throwing a few players under the bus and the squad turning on him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Quote from: stew on May 24, 2016, 09:56:03 AM

Time will tell, it does no matter how good you are as a coach if the players don't play for you, United's players will back him if they like him, if not he is fucked, my money is on him throwing a few players under the bus and the squad turning on him.
Be interesting to see how he deals with Mata.

screenexile

Oh how times have changed for the once great United when they have to take the manager they all despised for so long.

Add to that he was sacked by Chelsea less than a year ago and walks straight into the United job it must be particularly galling!!

Great to see this nonsense of United supposedly being a great club/more loyal/not a sacking club/play great football has gone. They have nothing to be superior about anymore they're the same as everyone else now!!!!

Aristo 60

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2016, 11:14:55 AM
Oh how times have changed for the once great United when they have to take the manager they all despised for so long.

Add to that he was sacked by Chelsea less than a year ago and walks straight into the United job it must be particularly galling!!

Great to see this nonsense of United supposedly being a great club/more loyal/not a sacking club/play great football has gone. They have nothing to be superior about anymore they're the same as everyone else now!!!!

You boys would take Mickey Harte in a flash after Sunday.

screenexile

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 24, 2016, 11:54:33 AM

You boys would take Mickey Harte in a flash after Sunday.

Who wouldn't??

Half of Tyrone looking to sack him not that long ago as well!!

ballinaman

;)

Maroon Manc

All despised? Really?

Plenty of United fans were desperate for him to replace Fergie, I wasn't one of them but soon was when I realised we were getting Moyes.

United fans are patient, probably a lot more patient than most as the majority of other clubs supporters would have hounded LVG out at xmas but it was nonsense about us not been a sacking club, we were extremely lucky we had a genius for 26 years and this is where this came from. I don't recall any United fan getting excited stating we don't sack our managers? 

yellowcard

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on May 23, 2016, 11:04:15 PM
And then the backing of the doctor when she was fired was probably when you noticed him losing interest. And who could blame him?
The success that he had brought Chelsea and for the club as a whole to not support him or even try to resolve the problem left him out on a limb.

Absolute nonsense. He questioned the woman's professional integrity. She had a duty of care to treat an injured player, if she had obeyed Mourinho's instructions she would have been derided within her profession as her primary duty is to look after the welfare of the players. It was bully boy behaviour which Mourinho has made a theme of during his time in management. I haven't heard too many people trying to support him on this situation and your comments are indicitive of how some people will simply turn a blind eye to any of his behaviour no matter how despicable. First time around in England I could see some humour in the man and he had a certain charm at times. However the mask slipped when things didn't go his own way and the Madrid job seemed to leave a permanent scar. He returned to England looking worn out and crankier and unless he has found his zest for management during his rest period I'd expect more erratic behaviour again next season. 

Maroon Manc

Quote from: seafoid on May 23, 2016, 09:47:39 PM

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/79243fec-067f-11e6-9b51-0fb5e65703ce.html

"The innovator's early success guarantees him a long ride at the top. This summer, Guardiola, aged 45, will hop from Bayern Munich to Manchester City. But judging by past innovative managers, he has already peaked. By 45, Johan Cruyff, Arrigo Sacchi and Van Gaal had won their last European trophies. By contrast, less tactically innovative coaches who excel as man managers — notably Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti — tend to remain successful for longer.
The penultimate stage is where Van Gaal is now: the bewildered old former innovator. The patient passing game he installed at Ajax 25 years ago can no longer pull apart modern defences. Meanwhile his lasting innovations — for instance, making his forwards ceaselessly press opponents to win the ball — have been copied by everyone else. He keeps chopping and changing unproductively at Manchester United, because he no longer knows what to do. Likewise, all Wenger's past innovations have long since become best practice across football."

Mourinho won the Cl in 2004 and again in 2010.
What did he do with Real ?
He is not a man manager, is he ? Ask Casillas
His last season at Chelski was a pantomime

There are far better young fellas like Poch and Tuchel.

Another dud move by the Glazers and Ed know nothing Woodward

I'm a big fan of Poch & Tuchel but what exactly have either of them won? I wouldn't have been disappointed if Poch had turned up but its probably a few years too early for him to move to United.

Mourinho is the best man manager since Fergie, how many players did Fergie fall out with?

He won a league title with Real, he was unfortunate he was up against one of the greatest club sides ever.

You'll need to use a different angle to slate Mourinho as his record is brilliant.