Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Mourinho is an available and clearly better option. Only question is if Man Utd have the balls to get rid of LVG, if they don't it's strange because they ran Moyes for less after less time. Man Utd are in the process of an incredible tailspin at the moment.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 09:15:57 AM
In case people thought I was gone missing recently may I remind you it was Christmas and between travelling and having many better things to do I wasn't inclined to get stuck into the same arguments again.

My faith in LVG has been dented but I do not see any reason to part company with him until the end of the season at least. Even if things don't improve and United miss CL qualification I think it would be idiotic to sack him with no better or potentially better replacement available. Despite all the complete horseshit written in the media about board meetings and deals done with Mourinho it seems to me that the United board are going to stick with the manager. I respect peoples opinions and plenty of people want LVG out but some of the carry on of United supporters in recent weeks is more than embarrassing. Stew's assertion that LVG doesn't care and is mailing it in to me is complete rubbish. The guy is clearly hurting and fighting as hard as he can. Maybe he doesn't have it any more and can't turn it around but I think he's doing his best.

The Chelsea performance was encouraging but to be fair as MM pointed out, they are pretty crap relative to the recent past. Hiddink has a tough job on his hands there, too many egos and a creaking defense that all their success was built on. These glimpses of how things should/could be (like the run towards the end of last season) make me wonder why it can't be like that all the time.

Seanie the man spoke of retirement the day he was announced as manager, he speaks of systems and the players don't seem to know what the feck he is on about, they have been brutal to watch and have not won a game in ages, that said, the players responded to him against Chelsea, if they continue in that vein then fine, if not see ya later Louie.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on December 30, 2015, 11:16:24 AM
Mourinho is an available and clearly better option. Only question is if Man Utd have the balls to get rid of LVG, if they don't it's strange because they ran Moyes for less after less time. Man Utd are in the process of an incredible tailspin at the moment.
Maureen has some kind of personality disorder. the top managers only get around a decade at the top as well. Pocchetino or someone up and coming with a football vision would be  a better bet IMO.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on December 30, 2015, 12:39:45 PM
Maureen has some kind of personality disorder. the top managers only get around a decade at the top as well. Pocchetino or someone up and coming with a football vision would be  a better bet IMO.

He won the league title at his last five stops and won a few European Cups to boot.

Captain Obvious

The incredible tailspin happened over two years ago when a suitable replacement wasn't brought in for Ferguson. Moyes was given a five year contract with a stipulation of needing top four finishes at least. I believe Van Gaal now has the same stipulation within his three year contract and with another half of the season to play Manchester United could still finish in the top four which should guarantee Van Gaal another year with the club.

magpie seanie

How anyone who knows the merest scintilla about Manchester United can even suggest Mourinho leaves me almost lost for words.

Maroon Manc

I was content with LVG as long as there was progress which is not the case and more worrying he's lost the players. If LVG was here for the long term then I could see the merits of keeping him on but he's not and that causes problems, fail to win against Swansea and I don't see how he can't be sacked. Contrary to what LVG and Andy Mitten says the majority of match goers want a change but mass booing isn't part of the culture.

The Glazers might know very little about football but their clearly not idiots and will have discussed the idea of replacing him, if it comes to that than I'd imagine Mourhino will be top of their list although Fergie will argue against.

Gmac

What about bringing back ferguson for last six months of the season if he would do it ?
Its weakest premier league I can remember and a couple of wins against ur closest rivals and they are right back in it , get new manager sorted for next season in meantime
It's win win for everyone cause they can't be any worse and maybe he can do something to turn them around and it's only six months job for him.

fearbrags

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on December 30, 2015, 01:28:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 30, 2015, 12:39:45 PM

He won the league title at his last five stops and won a few European Cups to boot.
He did but his behavior is bizarre and his last 2 stints ended in chaos

supersub

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 04:31:39 PM
How anyone who knows the merest scintilla about Manchester United can even suggest Mourinho leaves me almost lost for words.

All conquering, almighty, bow to his greatness Sir Alex Ferguson suggested Mourinho as well as Pep, Klopp and Moyes when helping to search for his successor. The latter was the only one available at the time and was deemed suitable for the role. If Jose is good enough for Utd's saviour, he should be good enough for the fans  ;) ;)

From the Bunker

I have seen talk here of Alex Ferguson taking over until the end of the season. Ferguson turned 74 today. Hard to see him having the dressing room influence of old.  To bring him back would be a step back. He left on a high after leaving a huge legacy. Going back now for six months only pushes out the problem for another six months. A decent Manager still has to be found. Why delay this?. So you end up in a no better a place even if Ferguson by some miracle stabilised things during that period. This could be completely undone by the next incumbent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 31, 2015, 05:58:53 PM
I have seen talk here of Alex Ferguson taking over until the end of the season. Ferguson turned 74 today. Hard to see him having the dressing room influence of old.  To bring him back would be a step back. He left on a high after leaving a huge legacy. Going back now for six months only pushes out the problem for another six months. A decent Manager still has to be found. Why delay this?. So you end up in a no better a place even if Ferguson by some miracle stabilised things during that period. This could be completely undone by the next incumbent.

I agree, Kenny couldn't revive Liverpool why would Ferguson do the same?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Kenny won a trophy. Liverpool required a lot more reviving than United do now. If they panic now they might be heading that way though.