Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

If he is as good as arteta sign him up quick.

rodney trotter

Yeah he probaly hasn't the physical build of Matic, or that type of player. De Jong has been linked for a while too, while he is 29 and an ex City player he could be a decent signing for that role. It would be good to have them both, since other DM options seem to be off.

Blind a versatile player so, centre or left back too.

Fender

Daley Blind is a done deal for 18mill euros, according to the Mail's chief sports journalist Matt Lawton.

rodney trotter

Blind has played in midfield for the past 2 seasons with Ajax so wouldn't be surprised if played there. Player of the year last season in the Dutch League as a DM midfielder.

But a natural midfielder would be good, Blind more of a versatile player. He should be a good signing

beer baron

Was Blind the lad that played left back against Chile in the World cup? That did a butcher job on Sanchez? Could be a nice acquisition in midfield if he can play a bit of ball and control that aggression.

rodney trotter

Yeah that was him

decent stats from last season

Daley Blind made the most passes (2089), interceptions (74) and tackles (77) of all Ajax players last Eredivisie season.

beer baron

Yeah looks good on the face of it anyway,hopefully hits the ground running if it is done which appears to be the case.

Very attack minded side today De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, van Persie.  Only 1 midfielder on the bench in Anderson and at a stretch you might say Januzaj.

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on August 30, 2014, 11:51:05 AM
Yeah looks good on the face of it anyway,hopefully hits the ground running if it is done which appears to be the case.

Very attack minded side today De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, van Persie.  Only 1 midfielder on the bench in Anderson and at a stretch you might say Januzaj.
Yer in serious bother if ye can't beat Burnley. 3 or 4-0 to United I'd say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2014, 12:05:15 PM
Quote from: beer baron on August 30, 2014, 11:51:05 AM

Yer in serious bother if ye can't beat Burnley. 3 or 4-0 to United I'd say.

I don't think there's much need for the "if ye can't beat Burnley" part.

Milltown Row2

Burnley should have at least 2!! Utd maybe one from RVP. DM playing well enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CD

This is fast becoming my favourite thread on the board.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Quote from: CD on August 30, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
It's been my favorite thread since May 2013...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2014, 01:28:38 PM
Quote from: CD on August 30, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
It's been my favorite thread since May 2013...

It wasn't much fun before that in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL