Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 02, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
I don't think any player has responded to the arrival of LVG better than Ashley
Young. He has looked revitalised. Heard a rumour RVP has an injury. Not sure what.

His finger from taking photos and putting them on twitter. Time he was back with the squad now as there's only 2 weeks to go to the start of the season.

orangeman

LVG seems to be working or is this just your typical pre season friendlies that really don't count for anything ?. Or a bit of both ?.

110k spectators. That's what you call a crowd. The Americans don't do anything by half.

Shrewdness

That injury of Van Persie's that i mentioned on here last night, will keep him out of the opening day fixture against Swansea. Hope it's not going to be another injury prone season for him.

magpie seanie

Van Gaal will make ordinary looking players previously seem quite good if the can buy into his system. There were several examples in the Dutch side. Kuyt as everyone knows is a good honest trier but not that skillful. In the World Cup he never put a foot wrong, in a few different positions. Huntelaar looked finished a few years ago to me and when he came on in the WC actually looked livelier than RVP at times.

I think he is bluffing about not adding to the squad. Probably hoping to push on a few deals that have been talked about for a long time. Definitely need at least one centre back, probably two and a central midfielder would also be a help.

Boycey

I don't think Van Persies injured per se more  that they want him to be eased into the season after a stop start season last year and a prolonged World Cup. He's not even back training til tomorrow.

I think also people are putting too much store in Van Gaals system, he's playing 3-5-2 at the minute most likely cause it's alien to this bunch of players but I'm sure there'll be plenty of 4-3-3 and even a bit of good old 4-4-2 as time goes on.

Shrewdness

Contrary to what he said last week, Sky have reported Van Gaal as saying that he does intend to make more signings this summer. He now knows more about his squad, and will inform all players where they are in his plans when they return from US..Have heard that he gave a good bollicking to Nani and Zaha last week.

beer baron

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 04, 2014, 01:25:13 PM
Contrary to what he said last week, Sky have reported Van Gaal as saying that he does intend to make more signings this summer. He now knows more about his squad, and will inform all players where they are in his plans when they return from US..Have heard that he gave a good bollicking to Nani and Zaha last week.

Well they're 2 gobshites that if i was asked to list who i think would be getting given out to would be at the top of the list,can't see either being great at taking intruction. Notions of themselves as superstars  ::)

Shrewdness

It was their attitude that annoyed him. Welbeck out injured for friendly against Liverpool.

Shrewdness

It was their attitude that annoyed him. Welbeck out injured for friendly against Liverpool.

Shrewdness

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 04, 2014, 02:12:20 PM

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 04, 2014, 02:07:54 PM

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 04, 2014, 02:07:12 PM

Did each one of the cousins tell you the same thing???? ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 04, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

Couldn't make it up lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2014, 02:41:19 PM

Couldn't make it up lol

Shrewd - Having or showing sharp powers of judgement; astute:!!!!

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 04, 2014, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2014, 02:41:19 PM

Couldn't make it up lol

Shrewd - Having or showing sharp powers of judgement; astute:!!!!

Shrewd - having a small rodent inserted in the rectum;
MWWSI 2017

Shrewdness

Apologies for the slight technical malfunction up the page!!...I'm sure ye got what i was trying to say. ;D