Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 01:21:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 12:16:44 PM
It is quite an argument that links Maggie Thatcher, Steve Jobs and Sean Boylan, all on a Manchester United discussion.

It's laughable.

Talking about the Utd decline 3 matches in. When will they learn
Indeed. It's not as if they ever went 26 years without a title win after a managerial change before
Careful now

Jonah

Some of the United 'fans' on here are embarrassing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jonah on September 08, 2013, 01:46:13 PM
Some of the United 'fans' on here are embarrassing.

How are they embarrassing? Are they not entitled to their opinions?

I think alot of United fans think Moyes as manager is a step backwards. While I don't think they will slip down to mid table or worse, they will still be in the top 5. But for a lot of United fans, that's not good enough.

EC Unique

I don't think he is a step backwards. I'm just going to reserve judgement until the end of the season. Top 4 would suffice but I think they will do better. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next 4 or 5 games now that the dust has settled on the season with the window closed.

gawa316

Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
I don't think he is a step backwards. I'm just going to reserve judgement until the end of the season. Top 4 would suffice but I think they will do better. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next 4 or 5 games now that the dust has settled on the season with the window closed.

Anyone writing off Utd at this point, should do at their own peril. Moyes is clearly a down grade but the club have the infrastructure to succeed in spite of him. Moyes has potential, it remains to be seen at what level. I would agree, the next 4 or 5 games will be interesting. Citee is the only tricky game and Utd should at least be aiming for 13 points in their next 5 games and if they get that no doubt (unfortunately for a Liverpool fan) they will kick on from there.

rossie mad

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 08, 2013, 11:46:14 AM
QuoteMaggie Thacther.Soon after her departure from the tories it took them twenty odd years to get back into goverment.

That's not true.
John Major took over in 1990 and remained Prime Minister until 1997.
In fairness i should have said not lomg after Thachter the tory party was poor.i have to admit my knowledge was poor,
anyway my main argument of man utd being very average this year will still stand

nrico2006

As already mentioned, United will finish in the top 3, worst case scenario.  City and Chelsea don't look any better than they did last year at this stage.  Spurs are Spurs and Liverpool aren't going to count in the long run.  Arsenal have made a big signing but Ozil isn't going to turn them into world beaters.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

One thing about Moyes - he is a step backwards from Ferguson but that would betrue of 99.9% of managers. How much of a step backwards remains to be seen. I think it's ok and logical for United supporters to be worried. Only one thing will soothe that - winning games.

EC Unique

Good to see non Utd fans posting on here with a bit of maturity without throwing in a few insults.

Quote from: gawa316 on September 08, 2013, 04:36:28 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 08, 2013, 03:45:01 PM

Anyone writing off Utd at this point, should do at their own peril. Moyes is clearly a down grade but the club have the infrastructure to succeed in spite of him. Moyes has potential, it remains to be seen at what level. I would agree, the next 4 or 5 games will be interesting. Citee is the only tricky game and Utd should at least be aiming for 13 points in their next 5 games and if they get that no doubt (unfortunately for a Liverpool fan) they will kick on from there.
Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2013, 07:36:45 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 07, 2013, 03:48:05 PM
I would have thought Liverpool fans would understand the anger of fans that support a club being ruined by American owners. short memories!

You think what the Glazers have done is equivalent to the ruin Gillette and Hicks very nearly visited upon Liverpool in the aftermath of the economic collapse? But yes, I agree that there is little cause for gloating. Leeds, Fiorentina, almost Liverpool... no club is too big to be brought down by poor and/or malevolent ownership.

brokencrossbar1

I see on Twitter that Tony Barrett recently did an interview with Howard Kendall.  Kendall is without doubt the greatest manager that Everton had in my time following football and probably is ever and England fucked up badly not appointing him at some stage when you look at the stooges they have appointed.  Anyway he was asked about Moyes and the whole move to United.  He didn't say much about the United thing but what he did say was telling.  Kendall questioned how long Moyes would've lasted at Everton had he had money to spend,  his argument was that money would've raised expectations and as it was Moyes was able to work without that kind of pressure.  I think that is a very true statement.  The expectations are very high now and can he be a Great White in the Pacific as opposed to a trout in a puddle?

Also, EC and the others, we're only having a bit of a laugh, chill out the f**k, we know United will be there or thereabouts come May, we're just enjoying seeing you lot squirm for a change :D

Jonah

I'm sure the two guys will be delighted to get EC Unique's seal of approval  ;D ;D ;D

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2013, 09:42:05 AM
I see on Twitter that Tony Barrett recently did an interview with Howard Kendall.  Kendall is without doubt the greatest manager that Everton had in my time following football and probably is ever and England fucked up badly not appointing him at some stage when you look at the stooges they have appointed.  Anyway he was asked about Moyes and the whole move to United.  He didn't say much about the United thing but what he did say was telling.  Kendall questioned how long Moyes would've lasted at Everton had he had money to spend,  his argument was that money would've raised expectations and as it was Moyes was able to work without that kind of pressure.  I think that is a very true statement.  The expectations are very high now and can he be a Great White in the Pacific as opposed to a trout in a puddle?

Also, EC and the others, we're only having a bit of a laugh, chill out the f**k, we know United will be there or thereabouts come May, we're just enjoying seeing you lot squirm for a change :D

Ah, don't say that, let him real out another another 3/4 pages while the International break is still on.

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2013, 09:42:05 AM

Going by the summer window Moyes and Woodward have a bit to learn yet when it come to dealing amongst the big boys. I would like to think that 'up stairs' realise this and plans are afoot for future targets and buying strategies.

By the way, nobody is squirming.............yet!  ;D

EC Unique

Good enough day for Utd getting the 3 points with other top teams dropping a few.

magpie seanie

Sincerely hope Kagawa had flu like I heard.

A few goals from open play wouldn't go astray.