Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on May 08, 2013, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 08, 2013, 12:38:00 PM
Hold on now....this has just been said.

David Gill: "The new manager will have to have experience in both England and European competitions"......
I read he said on MUTV:
"In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool."

If he did really say that, you would have to seriously doubt the Moyes rumours. Gill certainly leaves himself open to looking stupid if Moyes does get it. Moyes odds in again in the last 15 minutes, now at 1/7. Though I sometimes wonder if its the bookies odds that start the rumours rather than the other way around.

Mourinho wouldnt necessarily fit the above Gill quote either. Klopp would.
Gill is a notorious bullshitter though....

Hound

Quote from: ballinaman on May 08, 2013, 02:02:36 PM

David Gill: "The new manager will have to have experience in both England and European competitions"......
I read he said on MUTV:
"In Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex we got in managers who got involved in all aspects of the club. That degree of loyalty is crucial to the success of Manchester United. He needs the required football experience in terms of domestic and European requirements, so it is a small pool."

If he did really say that, you would have to seriously doubt the Moyes rumours. Gill certainly leaves himself open to looking stupid if Moyes does get it. Moyes odds in again in the last 15 minutes, now at 1/7. Though I sometimes wonder if its the bookies odds that start the rumours rather than the other way around.

Notorious BS in terms of delberately misleading or accidentally stupid?

What he said about the combination of loyalty and experience and that there's a very small pool of such to pick from is absolutely spot on. But why tell the hardcore fans that the new manager will have the required European experience if Moyes is to be appointed? Moyes has a lot of positive characteristics, quality European experience is not one of them.

Maybe the fact that he said European rather than CL means in his head he's left Moyes as fitting within the definition.

screenexile

I read he said on MUTV:

Is there anyone who isn't in football?? Sure Fergies club notes last week said he wasn't going to leave!!

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on May 08, 2013, 02:13:39 PM

I read he said on MUTV:

Notorious BS in terms of delberately misleading or accidentally stupid?

What he said about the combination of loyalty and experience and that there's a very small pool of such to pick from is absolutely spot on. But why tell the hardcore fans that the new manager will have the required European experience if Moyes is to be appointed? Moyes has a lot of positive characteristics, quality European experience is not one of them.

Maybe the fact that he said European rather than CL means in his head he's left Moyes as fitting within the definition.
Deliberately misleading more than anything else, lost count of the amount of times he has bullshitted in terms of transfers in and out of United.

Milltown Row2

1/12!! Would be difficult to see this going any other way now. Jose is 6/1, maybe worth a fiver. Any official time of announcement? they wouldn't have Fergie retiring without securing a manager, surely??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2013, 02:21:44 PM
1/12!! Would be difficult to see this going any other way now. Jose is 6/1, maybe worth a fiver. Any official time of announcement? they wouldn't have Fergie retiring without securing a manager, surely??
Read the players were told this morning, doubt they have kept it quiet so hence the flurry of bets on Moyes.

orangeman

Any odds on Moyes surviving the entire season ?

Canalman

Whether you love or loathe him you have to accept he is/was a colossus in English football.

He will be missed but football will amble on without him.

For what it is worth I reckon Brian Clough was the best manager in  England in my lifetime ...................... bringing 2 European Cups to Nottingham Forest .... what an achievement. AF a very close 2nd.

EC Unique

Must be Moyes with the way the odds are going. Fergie as director of football to help out when required. I don't think the players will have seen the last of him yet.

mouview

Really need a manager who has experience of English and European football and who has the advantage of being available immediately.

Call Dean Saunders.

Rossie11

Fergie has to stay around. If he walked totally the share price would collapse.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on May 08, 2013, 02:33:31 PM
Must be Moyes with the way the odds are going. Fergie as director of football to help out when required. I don't think the players will have seen the last of him yet.

The past would tell us this can be more of a hindrince than a help - Busby and Shankly been the obvious ones.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Canalman on May 08, 2013, 02:24:49 PM
Whether you love or loathe him you have to accept he is/was a colossus in English football.

He will be missed but football will amble on without him.

For what it is worth I reckon Brian Clough was the best manager in  England in my lifetime ...................... bringing 2 European Cups to Nottingham Forest .... what an achievement. AF a very close 2nd.

As well as League titles to Derby and Forest! Different times and he had Peter Taylor who found players.

ross4life

Fcuk me..ever been a retirement story like this before? any chance of him changing his mind again like he did 11 years ago? i suppose he wanted to retire at 70 but thanks to Aguero United got another year out of him. The Legend status he has created for himself will unmatched the pressure on new manager to fill his boots will be unreal. Jose is one of few managers that could add further success and would have the temperament for the hot seat but it's looks like Moyes blood hell!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

trileacman

Hope it's Moyes, get to watch United crash and burn like all dynasties do. Jose would roll on the good times, be a huge error to overlook him for a glaswegian small-timer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014