Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John o connor

You'd think that signed RVP for the Dutch 3 rd division , he's been scoring goals like that for years , has always been a class act

Edited Mod3

Gaaboardmod3

John, cop on. If you can't behave, then go somewhere else.

John o connor

Gaaboardmod 3

# also united fan !!@

magpie seanie

Quote from: John o connor on January 06, 2013, 11:19:27 AM
Gaaboardmod 3

# also united fan !!@

You're wrong there mate! Ha ha!

EC Unique

Next up is Liverpool in the league. 1st place v 8th place. Liverpool will raise their game as usual for their Cup Final but I would still expect the 3 points for Utd. Really need to win as City play away to Arsenal and Chelsea are away to stoke so a good chance to build on the current lead. Utd have a good squad available so no excuses.

ballinaman

Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Liverpool on Sunday 13th January.

8)

From the Bunker

UNITED IN FOR LAMPARD

from football365.com

The Daily Telegraph reports that Manchester United fans are going to get the midfielder they've been asking for. A young, spry chap called Franklin Lampard.

The paper claims Fergie is considering making a move for the midfielder when his contract expires in the summer, after he was told that no deal would be offered to him by Chelsea.

The Telegraph reports: 'Although Ferguson rejected the chance to sign Lampard last January after being sounded out about the possibility of taking the 34 year-old to Old Trafford, the prospect of signing him on a free transfer at the end of this season has prompted the United manager to identify the England international as a potential target to bolster his midfield options.

Billys Boots

Why would he want another aging midfielder?  Bizarre. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

NAG1

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 08, 2013, 09:45:01 AM
UNITED IN FOR LAMPARD

from football365.com

The Daily Telegraph reports that Manchester United fans are going to get the midfielder they've been asking for. A young, spry chap called Franklin Lampard.

The paper claims Fergie is considering making a move for the midfielder when his contract expires in the summer, after he was told that no deal would be offered to him by Chelsea.

The Telegraph reports: 'Although Ferguson rejected the chance to sign Lampard last January after being sounded out about the possibility of taking the 34 year-old to Old Trafford, the prospect of signing him on a free transfer at the end of this season has prompted the United manager to identify the England international as a potential target to bolster his midfield options.

Not a massive fan of him, but could do worse than him for an option of the bench in the smaller games. After pursuing Sneider for so long, would he not be an option now that he is apparently available or are his wages just too ridiculous?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 08, 2013, 09:53:06 AM

My thoughts as well, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, all over 30. Lampard would be adding to that. He still has something to offer, but unlike the three named he would be a blow in from a major rival club.

rodney trotter

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 08, 2013, 10:06:01 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 08, 2013, 09:53:06 AM

My thoughts as well, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, all over 30. Lampard would be adding to that. He still has something to offer, but unlike the three named he would be a blow in from a major rival club.

Utd were interested in Lampard last Januray, think around the same time Scholes came out of retirement. Chelsea didn't want to lose him then obviously at that time of the season.

No word if Giggs and Scholes will be at Old Trafford next year. Hopefully both are offered new one year deals, still good enough. The Giggs pass past against WHU was top class.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on January 08, 2013, 09:53:19 AM
UNITED IN FOR LAMPARD

from football365.com

Not a massive fan of him, but could do worse than him for an option of the bench in the smaller games. After pursuing Sneider for so long, would he not be an option now that he is apparently available or are his wages just too ridiculous?

Do you think Schneider and Lampard are similar players? I don't.

I find it hard to believe there is any truth in this one.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2013, 10:49:41 AM
UNITED IN FOR LAMPARD

from football365.com

Where did I say they were similar Seanie? merely commenting on the transfer chatter

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on January 08, 2013, 10:51:25 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2013, 10:49:41 AM
UNITED IN FOR LAMPARD

from football365.com

Where did I say they were similar Seanie? merely commenting on the transfer chatter

Why would you mention him so.