Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Cole proves my point. Look at his goals return before joining United versus his time at United. Was scoring a goal every 1.2 games for Newcastle yet that ration jumped to 2.1 when at a better team who scored more goals.

upthedubs

if anyone trys to claim andy cole deserves to be labelled as "shit" they clearly know absolutely nothing about football.

An Fear Rua

I know its July but

Dear Santa - Thank You

Thank you, thank you, thank you,!!!!!!

Wow!!! I got a Tevez!!!! and a Nani, and a Anderson ( that was a real surprise, it just goin' to be soooooo brilliant, way,way better than that Kleberson you got me).

I knew I was getting a Hargreaves as I had heard about it from Uncle Karl Heinze.

I 'spect the shop ran out of Eto'o's and Messi's but never mind. Everythin' gonna be great. Per'aps I might get one nearer to Christmas?

I'm goin' to get soooooo many really big Silver toys in May next year.

Poor said Bertie says thanks for his Thai ladyboy. He thinks that the Sven that you got him is going to work but I told him to keep the Sven away from his Mum just to be on the safe side, you know.

That weird Spanish kid up the road well he got a Torres but I am really pleased cos if it turns out anything like that freak that he got the other year it'll be really funny. He wants my Heinze but he can f**k off, the cheeky little twat. I'll have to give him a good kickiing like I did twice last year.

I got to go now and take that f**king Richardson I've had for ages to the Charity Shop where that nice Phil works. You know Phil, I used to have him but I let the snotty nosed little Scottish kid up the road have him. He is still a bit upset about it, you could tell by the way he played last time.

I got some other stuff for a Car Boot sale too.

If I am really lucky I might sell that 'Fletcher' and that French thingy with the funny shaped head and that O'Shea (I never had a clue what to do with that).

Love you loads xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex
Its Grim up North

Over the Bar

Tevez. 

Great acquisition, but does anyone else think he's too similar to Rooney in style? 

full back

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 06, 2007, 02:37:01 PM
Tevez. 

Great acquisition, but does anyone else think he's too similar to Rooney in style? 

Agree with you there otb
As I said about the Torres signing, I think Utd, like the Scousers need a poacher. Tevez is similar to Rooney although I dont think his workrate is as high.
Both of them will drop off and play to use the term 'in the hole'.
Dont get me wrong, he is a good addition to the squad - but I still think we need someone in the Shearer/RVN mould to achieve success in Europe

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

FarneyMan

Tevez got burned by a kettle of scalding water when he was a child, thats where the scars on his neck come from !
If we do sign him I think hes a great addition to the team, United in all their history rarely played with an out and out striker, RVN was one of these and became the focal point of most of our attacks, got rid of him last year and the attack functioned a lot better with multiple scorers !  Tevez will just add another dimension to an attack that can chop and change and switch places and so again result in multiple scorers.............roll on the new season !!!

Square Ball

Hummm

what going on?

from Skysports:
West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson insists Carlos Tevez cannot leave without the consent of the club.

Widespread reports claim Manchester United are close to signing Tevez on a two-year loan deal, with the Argentina striker likely to seal a move to Old Trafford in the next 24 hours.

However, West Ham have now moved to play down the possibility of the 23-year-old leaving Upton Park this summer by stating he still has three years to run on his contract.

Magnusson fully expects Tevez, who is currently on international duty playing in the Copa America, to return to West Ham ahead of next season.

"Carlos Tevez is a registered West Ham United player, contracted to the club until June 2010," he said in a statement on the club's official website.

"There is no agreement with West Ham United for Carlos Tevez to leave the club and we expect him to return in time for next season's preparations.

"No decision on his future can be reached without the agreement of West Ham United."

Any deal which takes Tevez to Manchester United will be under scrutiny from the Premier League and they will likely back West Ham in their stance.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

It seems as if United have to deal with the fella that "owns" him as opposed to speaking directly to West Ham, it stinks to high heaven !

Uladh

same guy that owns mascherano's "economic interests" and exactly the same deal. unoted have to deal with w ham and w ham have to deal with the agent.

eggert has to be seen to be making an effort to keep him to appease the fans...

Square Ball

Man Utd prepare for Tevez medical 

Tevez has his heart set on a move to Manchester United
Carlos Tevez will take a step closer to concluding his protracted transfer to Manchester United when he returns to England on Tuesday for a medical.
The Premier League has warned West Ham they risk more disciplinary action over the Tevez saga if they do not receive a transfer fee for the 22-year-old.

But his representative Kia Joorabchian added that "administrative issues" would be resolved in the coming days.

The Argentine striker is presently on international duty at the Copa America

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

FermPundit

Looks like the deal will be done alright. Tevez will be a great addition to the squad. Will this mean that Smith and Richardson wil def be heading for the exit door at OT before the start of the season? Will the Tevez deal complete the spending for this summer?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Uladh

I think that would be it. selling richardson, smith and probably rossi leaves a strike force of rooney, tevez, saha & ole, with attacking midfielders in CR, Giggs, nani, anderson, park & scholes.

defence is rock sold and there are plenty of options all round in midfield.

i really cant believe they spent as much. with foster's injury, is a keeper needed?

FermPundit

With Foster out injured for the rest of next season Tomasz Kuszczak will act as back up to EVDS. I had zero confidence in Kuszczak when he played a few games at the end of last season. I particularly remember the Chelsea game at Stamford bridge were he looked as nervous as hell and he was slipping balls from corner kicks and shots from distance. He was a great keeper at WBA so hopefully he'll grow in confidence they longer he stays at OT.

I can't believe how much Sir Alex has spent this summer. Has there been a summer were united have spent as much money on new players?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.