Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on April 22, 2012, 06:35:48 PM
Well if the worst happens & City sneak in to win the title i still think 1991/92 1994/95 would be worse title losses. In 2009/10 United had it in their own hands all they had to do was draw with Chelsea to win the league but lost. Now it's the same situation on Monday week hopefully a better outcome & i know there's games after that fixture but it's unlikely the league leader will slip up after that game.

Again credit to both teams on fine league season & the Sky hype machine has the game they always wanted.

They will be in over drive next weekend. No reason why Utd can not get a result there. Have faith. ;)

The Worker

Utd looked a tired team the last 10 mins, at this stage of the season i am surprised to see this from a fergie team.

Maybe not playing in the latter stages of CL/FA cup have had a detrimental effect of utds on field performance at the business end of the season?

orangeman

Quote from: The Worker on April 22, 2012, 09:20:05 PM
Utd looked a tired team the last 10 mins, at this stage of the season i am surprised to see this from a fergie team.

Maybe not playing in the latter stages of CL/FA cup have had a detrimental effect of utds on field performance at the business end of the season?

it was supposed to be the other way around, i.e that they would benefit from playing less games.

The injury to Vidic was massive.

The Worker

Quote from: orangeman on April 22, 2012, 10:12:38 PM
Quote from: The Worker on April 22, 2012, 09:20:05 PM

it was supposed to be the other way around, i.e that they would benefit from playing less games.

doesnt look like it has worked out that way, has it?

BennyCake

It's up to Newcastle now. That's the only result that can prevent City winning the league, as United won't get anything at City.

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyCake on April 22, 2012, 10:16:56 PM
It's up to Newcastle now. That's the only result that can prevent City winning the league, as United won't get anything at City.
Do you not think Utd can get a draw at City?  Well capable of it I think, maybe even win.

nrico2006

Bad result at the weekend but at the end of the day still 3 points clear witha few games left.  A draw or a win next Monday and the title should stay with United.  I can see Newcastle taking points of City too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

Sure it was only 3 months ago utd won at Citee

screenexile

Are people forgetting the fact that man for man City are a better team than Utd? Especially now with Tevez & Kompany back and Silva looking in much better form than he has done in the past few months. City have won their last 3 games easily while Man Utd have struggled to beat mediocre opposition.

Momentum is with City at this stage, I'll be away next week but hopefully I'll find somewhere to get watching the game.

nifan

Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2012, 08:39:49 AM
Do you not think Utd can get a draw at City?  Well capable of it I think, maybe even win.

Have to agree with you here EC, anything could happen in this game. On the day with tensions running high either team could run away with it, or it could be tight as anything. I certainly wouldn't assume that city will walk it - ad you can bet they aren't sitting round assuming it'll be a sure thing.

maxpower

it wasn't that long ago United just wanted to get to the derby with a chance of winning the title.  They very much have that and I would expect a massive game from United, City have looked impressive these last few weeks as the pressure has been off a good bit, be interesting to see how they deal with the hype surrounding the game
What happens next????

Abble

In the 14th minute of the obligatory 5 of injury time there yesterday one of the utd players took a shot from outside the box. Was I hearing right when the prawn sandwich brigade were calling for a penalty as the ball hit an Everton players leg inside the box ?

Fergie in some form too when yis went 4-2 up, he was like a boy getting ready to crack open another fine vintage, you'd near have thought he'd had it won.

As for Evra's header hitting the post, these things will tend to even themselves out over the course of a season, well, for most !  ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2012, 08:39:49 AM

Nope, I can't see anything but a City win.

SLIGONIAN

Does anyone else think the premiership is like wrestlemania? Its just about 2yrs the thought came into my head that Sky were controlling everything. Everytime a manager gets sacked, sky show his last match, anytime theres new manager, sky are showing his first game..one would say they can show whatever game they want, well they have a schelude for most of the season and its some consequence they get lucky everytime. I even think sky influence refs aswell...

Even this turn of events, i still find it hard to believe utd havent won the league. I thought theyd be 10pts ahead by now tbh...although im delighted that its come down to next monday as it will be exciting even for nuetrals....
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 23, 2012, 12:19:41 PM
Does anyone else think the premiership is like wrestlemania? Its just about 2yrs the thought came into my head that Sky were controlling everything. Everytime a manager gets sacked, sky show his last match, anytime theres new manager, sky are showing his first game..one would say they can show whatever game they want, well they have a schelude for most of the season and its some consequence they get lucky everytime. I even think sky influence refs aswell...

Even this turn of events, i still find it hard to believe utd havent won the league. I thought theyd be 10pts ahead by now tbh...although im delighted that its come down to next monday as it will be exciting even for nuetrals....

Has been a strange season normally United would beat Everton at home & Wigan anywhere but they took the wrong time to drop points vs those two. I still look back at the home game vs Blackburn that could come back to haunt. Saying that United have currently 3 more points that they needed to win the win league last season so credit to Manchester City for raising the bar.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open