Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 14, 2012, 08:24:08 PM
The only thing is that if it goes bad he could end up remembered for the next 4 months not the last 20 years.

That's nonsense.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: Clown on January 15, 2012, 12:30:48 AM
a.k.a a dirty b**tard

yes was a truly great player, but was almost as dirty a player as Keane in my opinion. Part of the reason he isnt seen in the same bracket is cos of the chuckling done by commentators everytime he committed an x rated tackle

Keane wasn't dirty. Yes, he lashed out now and again, but he wasn't a dirty player.

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on January 15, 2012, 01:31:27 AM
Quote from: Clown on January 15, 2012, 12:30:48 AM
a.k.a a dirty b**tard

yes was a truly great player, but was almost as dirty a player as Keane in my opinion. Part of the reason he isnt seen in the same bracket is cos of the chuckling done by commentators everytime he committed an x rated tackle

Keane wasn't dirty. Yes, he lashed out now and again, but he wasn't a dirty player.

Haaland would maybe, maybe, respectfully disagree.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Clown

and Gareth Southgate

but as you say, not a dirty player

EC Unique

All the ABUs trying to get a dig at scholes..... Pathetic. He is one of the best ever players of the game. That will never change.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on January 15, 2012, 12:35:32 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 14, 2012, 08:24:08 PM
The only thing is that if it goes bad he could end up remembered for the next 4 months not the last 20 years.

That's nonsense.
Complete nonsense.

screenmachine

Quote from: Clown on January 15, 2012, 12:03:03 AM
showed a tackle there on Match of the Day by 'Scholesy'

studs up hack around a Bolton players stomach. Not even a booking. the 2 pundits laughed and joked about it, as has happened throughout his career, at most wild tackles

Wonder would Sir Purple Nose have seen that as a red? afterall one of the reasons Kompany had to go he said is cos he's prone to that kind of tackle.

Yakubu's tackle is a definite red on MOTD last night but Scholes tackle is laughed and joked about saying poor Paul never could tackle. Ginger twat should see the line every other game  early!?!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

imtommygunn

Quote from: EC Unique on January 15, 2012, 02:23:57 AM
All the ABUs trying to get a dig at scholes..... Pathetic. He is one of the best ever players of the game. That will never change.

One of the best players ever. Are you for real??

Yes he was a very good player and stood out for an englishman.

If he was at his peak he wouldn't get near the spain national team or get on the barcelona team. If you in the bracket of "best ever players of the game" you would walk on any team.

EC Unique

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2012, 10:53:09 AM

If he was at his peak he wouldn't get near the spain national team or get on the barcelona team. If you in the bracket of "best ever players of the game" you would walk on any team.

There are not many central mid fielders in the last 20 years that I would have before him at his peak. One of the best ever.

imtommygunn

You're entitled to your opinion but it's very clouded. Very few english players, if any, are even close to being "one of the best ever". I'm not even sure there's any english player ever you could say was one of the best ever and he's a good bit off the best english player ever.

Not very many people, if any, would agree with you that Scholes is one of the best ever.

Very good no doubt and got that massive compliment from Zidane but the fella can't even tackle.

screenexile

Seriously though, any player outside of Scholes makes those tackles they'd be castigated every week. Anytime Scholes does it "hahaha look at Scholesy again he still can't tackle haha"

How nobody hasn't got seriously injured by him is some freak of nature amd how he hasn't suffered twice as many red cards is further evidence of Slur Alex's hold over English Referees. If anyone has any doubts about it have a chat with Kompany ... At least he got the ball!!!

everymanaman

Talk about stating the obvious. Who was the last Englishman to play for Spain?

EC Unique

Quote from: everymanaman on January 15, 2012, 12:27:46 PM

Talk about stating the obvious. Who was the last Englishman to play for Spain?
:D

Jonah

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2012, 11:42:56 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but it's very clouded. Very few english players, if any, are even close to being "one of the best ever". I'm not even sure there's any english player ever you could say was one of the best ever and he's a good bit off the best english player ever.

Not very many people, if any, would agree with you that Scholes is one of the best ever.

Very good no doubt and got that massive compliment from Zidane but the fella can't even tackle.
Yeah would agree with all that.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jonah on January 15, 2012, 03:16:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2012, 11:42:56 AM

Yeah would agree with all that.

Billy Wright,Bobby Moore,Bobby Charlton and so on..