Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ross4life

I'd say DeGea will be back behind the sticks tomoro, Bolton will test him big time.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Quote from: ross4life on January 13, 2012, 05:35:54 PM
I'd say DeGea will be back behind the sticks tomoro, Bolton will test him big time.

In front of, or between Shirley?

Minder

What Bolton team have you been watching ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Did not see the game but great result with Scholes opening the scoring. 3 points and 3 goals better off in goal difference. Spurs held to a draw as well so good all round.

ross4life

Straight forward 3pts today 1-0 at HT played well should have been 3/4-0 2nd half didn't play as well but managed to score twice, over the 90mins 3-0 about right i feel.  Plenty of tricky fixtures in the next month or so will be interesting to see where United stand after those.

For me the best on show today was Valencia,Rafael,Carrick
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Wrong on both counts then.

norabeag

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2012, 06:47:41 PM

Still joint top tho. ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2012, 06:47:41 PM

He didn't play so they could hardly test him. Goes to show i can be wrong once in a blue moon.

From the Bunker

Scholes looks rusty! As can be expected, he has not really kicked a ball in anger since last May (eight months). There's no real risk involved financially and he knows the Man Utd way. The only thing is that if it goes bad he could end up remembered for the next 4 months not the last 20 years. The other thing is if you have a break from cometitive football at his age and rush back into it, you'll end up with an bad injury! Anyway, for now so far so good.

Clown

showed a tackle there on Match of the Day by 'Scholesy'

studs up hack around a Bolton players stomach. Not even a booking. the 2 pundits laughed and joked about it, as has happened throughout his career, at most wild tackles

Wonder would Sir Purple Nose have seen that as a red? afterall one of the reasons Kompany had to go he said is cos he's prone to that kind of tackle.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 14, 2012, 08:24:08 PM
Scholes looks rusty! As can be expected, he has not really kicked a ball in anger since last May (eight months). There's no real risk involved financially and he knows the Man Utd way. The only thing is that if it goes bad he could end up remembered for the next 4 months not the last 20 years. The other thing is if you have a break from cometitive football at his age and rush back into it, you'll end up with an bad injury! Anyway, for now so far so good.
Fingers crossed.

Minder

Scholes "isn't that kind of player".

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2012, 12:05:38 AM
Scholes "isn't that kind of player".
Good old-fashioned robust English player. Johnny Foreigner doesn't like it up em etc.

Clown

a.k.a a dirty bastard

yes was a truly great player, but was almost as dirty a player as Keane in my opinion. Part of the reason he isnt seen in the same bracket is cos of the chuckling done by commentators everytime he committed an x rated tackle