Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 08, 2012, 05:54:44 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 08, 2012, 05:08:59 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 08, 2012, 04:28:30 PM
You will enjoy Scholesys highlight.

His pass did lead to city's 2nd but he still showed a great ability to control midfield and spray a few passes about. He will get sharper with game time. Given utds injury list and apparent lack of funds he is a welcome come back.

Luckily for Utd Scholes did not retire due to injury. Suppose he has half a season without the CL fixtures, so there will be a few cameos in him. Can't see him playing to much Europa League or against the weaker English sides.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski will be happy with todays result. They all now fear City more than Utd!
What's too fear it's the FA cup? City have been average in cup competitions this season & Liverpool should beat them in the league cup.

BarryBreensBandage

It bodes well for January, seeing City lose without YaYa - forget your Silvas and Agueros, YaYa has the biggest impact on the City team. And he is away for a month. Shame.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

BennyCake

Well, I sure was wrong! Happily wrong though...

I wanted 7 though. In the end, was glad just to hang on for the win.

under the bar

You really have to laugh at Carmen Stateside, absolutely spouting about city winning the 2nd half!  :D

Still, bless him, he's still waiting on Suarez court case to clear his name!  ;)

Orangemac

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on January 08, 2012, 07:31:55 PM
It bodes well for January, seeing City lose without YaYa - forget your Silvas and Agueros, YaYa has the biggest impact on the City team. And he is away for a month. Shame.
Plus Kompany could be out for 4 matches also. Will be interesting to see how City react, will they make a major signing in January?

Gallybander

Quote from: EC Unique on January 08, 2012, 05:50:12 PM
Dippers in klanfield. Great draw.  ;D
I see what you did there. :-)

Clown

all this talk of the refs performance yesterday, i actually thought Rooney refereed it quite well

screenexile

Rooney let himself down a bagful yesterday influencing the referee like that. 11 v 11 and City are walking that match quite easily. Rooney's goal was completely against the run of play. Ferguson was quite clearly agitated after the match as he knows that. Anyone thinking that this will kick start United's season is in wonderland.

The Liverpool game is 50/50 as both are probably on a par at the minute. I think Liverpool will nick it though.

NAG1

Dont think this is going to kick start united's season but it shows the rest of the league that city are beatable.

The sending off was a sending off, key ingredients,  off the ground check, two footed check, studs showing check. Mancini cant have it both ways, standing on the sideline last weekend waving imaginary cards when one of his players was fouled and then complaining when Rooney appeals for something similar.

Every cup game is 50/50 between Liverpool and United.

Think it does again highlight united's need to strengthen but i don't think this is going to happen before the summer.

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on January 08, 2012, 04:53:01 PM
Some hilarious posts in here today no surprise another Minder post caught my eye.

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2012, 11:20:51 AM
The Observer - Rob Smyth

Sir Alex Ferguson powerless to stop Manchester United empire crumbling

United may beat City on Sunday and go on to do the Double; it does not matter. There can be no happy ending here.
Thumbs up from yourself = you agree with what's written. Final piece makes perfect sense  :D Hmm Rob Smyth's name rings a bell......oh yes 2006 http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/jul/31/sport.comment

Here's hoping Mr Smyth is as wrong again.
Cracking game of cup football yesterday served up by two sides still determined to prove something to each other. It could have been ruined by the clownish performance of the referee (btw I think Chris Foy is normally very good) but fair play to both sides for making sure it wasn't.
That's a great piece of research there Ros.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

All this talk of City's second half performance yesterday is bemusing, people mustn't have been watching the same game as me.  United deserved the win and it didn't take United to show anyone how City could be beat as thats 3 defeats in the past few weeks for them now. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2012, 12:17:23 PM
All this talk of City's second half performance yesterday is bemusing, people mustn't have been watching the same game as me.  United deserved the win and it didn't take United to show anyone how City could be beat as thats 3 defeats in the past few weeks for them now.

I wonder will it push them into the transfer market this month?

I think the league is still very much open and City play spurs soon, that will be a massive game!

Utd have a few starting to come back from injury and with a bit of luck will not loose anymore so I still very much believe the league can be won. It is in their own hands.

muppet

Really? 10 men scored two and conceded none against United's 11 and should have had a penalty (BTW so should Valencia) and you think it is of no consequence? Ferguson was an unhappy man when interviewed afterwards and I would agree with him.
MWWSI 2017

AQMP

Is Phil Jones David Luiz with sensible hair?

nrico2006

Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2012, 01:20:05 PM

Really? 10 men scored two and conceded none against United's 11 and should have had a penalty (BTW so should Valencia) and you think it is of no consequence? Ferguson was an unhappy man when interviewed afterwards and I would agree with him.

Your overview sorta misses the fact that United were content with being 3 nil up and Citys first goal came from a free kick.  City might have had ten men but they packed the defence in a manner that Jim McGuiness would have been proud of.  United owned the ball and the majority of play was in Citys final third.  Fair play to them for doing what they are paid to and competing, but there was nothing great about their second half performance apart from holding it tight defensively.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'