Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 31, 2011, 11:35:22 PM
Don't see what Wazza done that was so bad. Dinner with the wife is hardly a crime? Whiskey nose must be a right miserable old git.

Can't see him being dropped for taking a turkey dinner, can you ?

everymanaman

Quote from: thewobbler on December 31, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
Everymanaman, as said before, you must live a life of impeccably high standards, if you genuinely believe that Fergie's recent seasons have not been good enough.

The most bizarre thing of all is that the only reason the likes of you can have such expectations from United is Alex Ferguson. Before he arrived, being in touching distance of top spot at Christmas was a pipe dream.

Au contraire- I have been attending matches at Old Trafford since the late seventies. Every dog has its day and no-one benefits from keeping harping back to better days gone by (as many scousers continue to allude to their 5 European cups). Let's live in the present for once and the fact is that Ferguson's methods and stubborn attitude are as outdated as the betamax video players which were the rage when he started out in management.

EC Unique

Quote from: everymanaman on January 01, 2012, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 31, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
Everymanaman, as said before, you must live a life of impeccably high standards, if you genuinely believe that Fergie's recent seasons have not been good enough.

The most bizarre thing of all is that the only reason the likes of you can have such expectations from United is Alex Ferguson. Before he arrived, being in touching distance of top spot at Christmas was a pipe dream.

Au contraire- I have been attending matches at Old Trafford since the late seventies. Every dog has its day and no-one benefits from keeping harping back to better days gone by (as many scousers continue to allude to their 5 European cups). Let's live in the present for once and the fact is that Ferguson's methods and stubborn attitude are as outdated as the betamax video players which were the rage when he started out in management.
Eh, who are the current Champions?

everymanaman

That was last season. As one Roy Keane used to say 'once the last ball has been kicked it is on to what can be won next season'. The current squad clearly not good enough to win the title this season

thewobbler

United are joint top on New Year's Day despite an injury crisis.

The only team matching their stride has spent £200m in transfer fees in two years.

Again, I'd like to think that you attain perfection in everything you do, if this isn't good enough for you.

rossie mad

Quote from: thewobbler on January 01, 2012, 11:13:05 AM

The only team matching their stride has spent £200m in transfer fees in two years.

Again, I'd like to think that you attain perfection in everything you do, if this isn't good enough for you.

No their not they are second.Why can people not see this? if the league finished today at 1pm they would be runners up.

everymanaman

Quote from: rossie mad on January 01, 2012, 12:21:46 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 01, 2012, 11:13:05 AM

No their not they are second.Why can people not see this? if the league finished today at 1pm they would be runners up.

Touche

thebigfella

Yeah but the point is, it has not finished. In the event the teams are tied when the league finishes, it get decicided by goal difference etc... Last time I checked it hasn't finished, so they are joint top. Some stupid cnuts on this board.

everymanaman

Quote from: thebigfella on January 01, 2012, 12:41:46 PM
Yeah but the point is, it has not finished. In the event the teams are tied when the league finishes, it get decicided by goal difference etc... Last time I checked it hasn't finished, so they are joint top. Some stupid cnuts on this board.
Most definitely a glass half full advocate then ;D

ross4life

As you were at the top now even the GD is the same. I'll try to pretend yesterday didn't happen  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ross4life on January 01, 2012, 04:54:46 PM
As you were at the top now even the GD is the same. I'll try to pretend yesterday didn't happen  ;)
Barclay's must have their table wrong as they have City +5 against United. You may contact them and tell them.

From the Bunker

Big Puff

Will rooney be back for the next game?

I have him as captain in my Fantasy football team, costing me points not playing  >:(