Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

I never thought I would say it but Carrick is playing very well the last few games and is doing a good job in CM. Newcastle will be a tester with only City able to beat them so far this season. Really need to win though because I have a feeling City will not get 3 points this weekend.

nrico2006

A midfield with Carrick and Fletcher is not going to win you anything though.  We all know what is badly missing from the team and I cannot understand why Fergie doesn't splash out and get the midfielder that we really need.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2011, 02:40:06 PM
A midfield with Carrick and Fletcher is not going to win you anything though.  We all know what is badly missing from the team and I cannot understand why Fergie doesn't splash out and get the midfielder that we really need.

Agreed. I would say he is not getting the funds from the yanks. I would very much doubt such a player will come available in January even if £$£$£$£ was available.

Declan

sure isn't Darren Gibson fit and available again ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2011, 02:45:43 PM

Agreed. I would say he is not getting the funds from the yanks. I would very much doubt such a player will come available in January even if £$£$£$£ was available.
Mario Götze looks decent, wouldn't cost a fortune either.

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2011, 03:55:42 PM

Seen today where Ferguson said something along the lines of there were only 2 or 3 players he thought would improve his team and they wern't available so he wasn't going to go there. Wonder who he was referring to.

Minder

Quote from: Sky Blue Gael on November 25, 2011, 04:15:58 PM

Seen today where Ferguson said something along the lines of there were only 2 or 3 players he thought would improve his team and they wern't available so he wasn't going to go there. Wonder who he was referring to.

It's called spin.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

At the moment United still have options in midfield Giggs,Park,Jones etc could do a job there but Fergie will probably continue the Rooney midfield experiment & with Carrick out of the Basel game it will be interesting to see what team is selected that night.

What United need in Jan is attacking play maker midfielder capable of scoring at least 10 goals a season how many of those are available?

Difficult game v Newcastle tomorrow, i watched the City v Newcastle game last weekend & they where the better team until a penalty swung the game for City. United should be stronger at the back with Vidic returning though the others guys need to cut out the silly mistakes.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

In fairness there aren't to many players available in that role Ross ...and EC yes Carrick has been playing well going by his standards...but still not good enough..midfield has been horrible any time cleverly has been missing(yes hustle bustle of the premiership Bla Bla Bla) I hear people talking about not buying a midfielder in January because he would be cup tied for the champions league but even if we are still in the champions league I don't think we have any chance of winning it..I would rather get knocked out now than to play and lose to Barca in the final

GalwayBayBoy

Eh?

Arguably the biggest young star to emerge in German football for donkey's years. Already has 12 international caps at 19 years of age. You'd be looking at a minimum of 30M I'd say.

Hashtag

Is Rooney likely to play today?

Forever Green

Gotze will go for massive money if he does leave Dortmund. Unbelievable talent who will only get better. Dont think he will leave Dortmund for a while either if he even does leave. Why should he?

muppet

Quote from: Forever Green on November 26, 2011, 01:26:28 PM
Gotze will go for massive money if he does leave Dortmund. Unbelievable talent who will only get better. Dont think he will leave Dortmund for a while either if he even does leave. Why should he?

Because it has always been his dream to play for Milan/Swansea/Middlesboro/Shelbourne etc. (delete and re-insert as appropriate).
MWWSI 2017

under the bar

Any decent sopcast links for the newcastle game?

screenexile

Ouch!! Not a good result for Manchesters B team ... Never good when a team surrounds the ref after a game! Bans handed out for that kind of behaviour I hope!!!