Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: slow corner back on June 22, 2009, 10:39:55 PM
In fairness Tevez and Ronnie are proven premiership players wheras Benzema and Ribery are not. Personally I would like to see Benzema if he can lead the line like a proper number 9. I have not seen enough of him to judge that, although he looked good against Utd a couple of years back. Ribery for me is way overpriced, if we get him at 30m or less then fine otherwise no way. I think we need a box to box midfielder if the reports on Hargreaves health are to be believed,a young Bryan Robson would fit the bill but i dont know who he is or how much he would cost???

Brazilian Hernanes from Sao Paulo. Prob cost ten million at most. Tim Vickery on the BBC site (a great South American soccer blog for anyone who doesn't know it) has exceptionally high hopes for him

DennistheMenace

Yeah cause one of the last midfield saviours in Veron was a complete success.

Utd without Ronaldo are a hell of a lot weaker...obviously.

Rooney could possibly be deployed in his more favoured down the middle role and Berbatov potentially stepping up to the plate.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: gallsman on June 23, 2009, 02:22:43 AM
In fairness Tevez and Ronnie are proven premiership players wheras Benzema and Ribery are not. Personally I would like to see Benzema if he can lead the line like a proper number 9. I have not seen enough of him to judge that, although he looked good against Utd a couple of years back. Ribery for me is way overpriced, if we get him at 30m or less then fine otherwise no way. I think we need a box to box midfielder if the reports on Hargreaves health are to be believed,a young Bryan Robson would fit the bill but i dont know who he is or how much he would cost???

Brazilian
Hernanes from Sao Paulo. Prob cost ten million at most. Tim Vickery on the BBC site (a great South American soccer blog for anyone who doesn't know it) has exceptionally high hopes for him
kleberson...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 23, 2009, 07:56:29 PM

Brazilian
Hernanes from Sao Paulo. Prob cost ten million at most. Tim Vickery on the BBC site (a great South American soccer blog for anyone who doesn't know it) has exceptionally high hopes for him
kleberson...

You are right, one Brazilian means every other one will be the same... Great argument

Shortso79

New MUFC Home Top 09-10 to be revealed on the 1st July 2009

Available to buy on the 16 July 2009

gallsman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 23, 2009, 07:56:29 PM

Brazilian
kleberson...

Dunga. Gilberto Silva.

magpie seanie

So I think at least myth number 1 on United's transfer/monetary policy is well and truly exploded at this stage. I'm referring to the "If they let Ronaldo go they had lined up a replacement/replacements".

The more talk there is the less likely it seems that a Villa, Benzema, Ribery or someone else is coming to Old Trafford. I assume Valencia will arrive but with the greatest respect he aint in the Tevez/Ronaldo bracket. Season will be starting in 6-7 weeks and preseason starting in 2-3. The odds on the Glazers pocketing the cash are shortening. United will still be a top 4 side next season with no further investment.

full back

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 24, 2009, 11:43:40 AM
So I think at least myth number 1 on United's transfer/monetary policy is well and truly exploded at this stage. I'm referring to the "If they let Ronaldo go they had lined up a replacement/replacements".

The more talk there is the less likely it seems that a Villa, Benzema, Ribery or someone else is coming to Old Trafford. I assume Valencia will arrive but with the greatest respect he aint in the Tevez/Ronaldo bracket. Season will be starting in 6-7 weeks and preseason starting in 2-3. The odds on the Glazers pocketing the cash are shortening. United will still be a top 4 side next season with no further investment.

I know you have no love for the Glazers, but I am more inclined & concerned about Utd have no one to line-up to replace Ronaldo or Tevez.
If a player becomes available who can operate at the highest level I would be quite sure the money would be available

corn02

If yous get Aguero I will be gutted.

Who changed the thread title  :D – patience.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on June 24, 2009, 01:17:43 PM
If yous get Aguero I will be gutted.

Who changed the thread title  :D – patience.

Sorry Corn, it is a bit impatient
Will change it again for you :D

Hound

The rumour is Benzema isnt all that keen on Utd, as he doesnt want to be playing second fiddle to Rooney/Berbatov thus potentially ruining his ambition of playing for France in the world cup next summer. But you'd imagine he could be persuaded. Of course Lyon will hold out for as much money as they can.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

corn02

full back

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2009, 01:38:43 PM
What are the chances of Adebayor coming?

I think it said in the paper a big club is interested in him but it isnt Chelsea or Utd

magpie seanie

Quote from: full back on June 24, 2009, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 24, 2009, 01:38:43 PM
What are the chances of Adebayor coming?

I think it said in the paper a big club is interested in him but it isnt Chelsea or Utd

Leeds or Newcastle would suit.