Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsandman

Quote from: corn02 on March 09, 2009, 12:06:37 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2009, 11:49:42 AM
Yes - entering a reserve side would really have kept the "dignity of the cup" intact that year! Wise up Corn, surely you don't believe that?

I think it would have been better sending a reserve side to Brazil instead of using the World Cup 2006 excuse. So which is more dignifed MS, entering a reserve team or not even entering a team at all?

Not entering at all, at least in that case the eventual winner hasn't beat the best team in England  :D :D
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

corn02

Quote from: mrsandman on March 09, 2009, 12:08:33 PM
Yes - entering a reserve side would really have kept the "dignity of the cup" intact that year! Wise up Corn, surely you don't believe that?

I think it would have been better sending a reserve side to Brazil instead of using the World Cup 2006 excuse. So which is more dignifed MS, entering a reserve team or not even entering a team at all?

Not entering at all, at least in that case the eventual winner hasn't beat the best team in England  :D :D

Uh huh.  ???

mrsandman

Quote from: corn02 on March 09, 2009, 12:09:58 PM

Uh huh.  ???

Whoever won it that year...im not sure who didnt beat man utd, and so when they argue 'we won they FA cup in 2000' united fans can say but you didnt beat us, playing a reserve side wouldn't have the same effect as they would have been beaten.

corn02

Quote from: mrsandman on March 09, 2009, 12:16:07 PM

Uh huh.  ???

Whoever won it that year...im not sure who didnt beat man utd, and so when they argue 'we won they FA cup in 2000' united fans can say but you didnt beat us, playing a reserve side wouldn't have the same effect as they would have been beaten.

Ok weird, are you suggesting whoever won it that year should have a note beside the trophy saying "but we didn't beat United"?

mrsandman

Quote from: corn02 on March 09, 2009, 12:25:23 PM

Uh huh.  ???

Ok weird, are you suggesting whoever won it that year should have a note beside the trophy saying "but we didn't beat United"?

:-\ If they wanted to

corn02

No I am asking you do you think they should? Do you think the wnner wasn't a real winner because United were not there?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: new devil on March 08, 2009, 09:17:09 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on March 08, 2009, 08:13:28 PM
Quote from: new devil on March 07, 2009, 09:36:54 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 07, 2009, 07:07:47 PM
Yeah, once Tevez scored United totally dominated. I'm still in shock that Liverpool have fallen so far behind in the league. Maybe Rafa is regretting all those things he did during the season now but the Cup will be hard to win. As for Europe, I'm still wary of Mourinho the f**ker!

I actually cannot believe were only 7points ahead...very bad side..chelsea will finish well clear off them

Another great display today...worried about wednesday nights game,going to be very tough

typical united supporter arrogance and the reason i resent their supporters alot more than their players(neville and ferdinand being te exceptions)

Why because i don't rate Liverpool and think there not a good team..wouldn't call that arrogance son

liverpool though now in a dog fight 4 2nd now have been the main challengers all season to united all season and there squad depth/over dependance on gerrard/torres has come back to haunt them.  "i cannot believe we are only seven points clear" is an arrogant comment, as if united have a devine right to win the league.  they have been superb this season and deserve to win the league, pains me to say it.  for being a very bad side liverpool have beaten united, chelsea twice, real madrid in the last six months not to mention inter home and away last season, the same inter you are "wary" of wed night.  all in all a very good post ::)

118cmal

Hey guys, anyone else heading over to the game wed night?  Me and a few of my mates are flying over tomorrow, staying in Liverpool. 

What's the best bars to go to on matchday?  normally drink around picadilly square and then head out but I think we're gonna go to a bar near the ground on Wednesday if anyone knows of any good ones?

Norf Tyrone

Uh huh.  ???

I am not sure who won it that year, but if you want to say that it's tainted because they didn't beat the Mancs that's fair enough. I think that this legacy should remain until the 2000 winners face United again in a FA Cup final....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stiffler

Quote from: 118cmal on March 09, 2009, 10:43:52 PM
Hey guys, anyone else heading over to the game wed night?  Me and a few of my mates are flying over tomorrow, staying in Liverpool. 

What's the best bars to go to on matchday?  normally drink around picadilly square and then head out but I think we're gonna go to a bar near the ground on Wednesday if anyone knows of any good ones?

Trafford bar is supposed to be the spot
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

An Fear Rua

O'Shea and the Arch Duke both fit and will start.

Bars: Sam Platts near canal, behind North Stand

Toll Gate, throstles nest near Trafford Bar tram, or walk towards the ground and the trafford on your left
Its Grim up North

Hound

Will Rooney start up front alongside Berbatov this time or will Fergie try one of his European Complications?

If Ferdinand and Vidic are both fit I'd predict Evans getting the nod over O'Shea for right back.

Midfield is anyone's guess.

The GAA

Hound

Quote from: The GAA on March 10, 2009, 02:05:29 PM
Fergie says o'shea will start
Ibrahimovic caused him problems when he drifted over to the left wing the last day. But I suppose they'll have a plan for dealing with it this time.

magpie seanie

I agree but Ferdinand did nothing to help him in the first leg. Would expect as you say that they won't allow JOS to be isolated against Ibrahimovic this time.

Team: VDS; JOS, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Park, Carrick, Fletcher/Giggs/Scholes, Ronaldo; Rooney, Berbatov.

Only one decision I think. Personally I'd go for Fletcher and try to start the game at 100 miles an hour. Scholes and Giggs (more guile) and Tevez in reserve if United are getting frustrated later in the game.