Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Bord na Mona man

Ronaldo has done the manager a big favour here. He can now get him out the door without much backlash. It reduces the wage bill and he can start shopping for a younger goal scorer which is what Utd lack.

Bringing him back was more sentimental than practical. While he scores (or used to score) goals, there are also drawbacks to the overall team. Everything gets funnelled through him meaning Ronaldo to some degree was getting the goals that others were getting before that. His lack of work rate off the ball increases the burden on the rest of the team. So the nett benefit was not as big as the headline stats.

It was similar with bringing Ibrahimovic, while he scored a decent amount, he wasn't particularly mobile and didn't contribute hugely in other aspects of play.
Ronaldo will find that because he's no longer an elite player, his childishness won't get humoured any more in any decent sized club.

stiffler

A sorry way for Ronaldo to leave the club, slating all around him. I thought it was a low blow the comments on Rooney, who is a bigger club legend than Ronaldo.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Wildweasel74

Ronaldo has always been about one thing, Me, Me, Me, he never been a team player, and its showed so many times, He not be there come Jan Transfer window.

Armagh18

You'd like to think what he's saying about not getting the time off when his daughter was sick isn't true. Doesn't paint United in a good light at all.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 08:22:08 AM
You'd like to think what he's saying about not getting the time off when his daughter was sick isn't true. Doesn't paint United in a good light at all.

He did get the time off, the point he's making is that he wasn't believed by the top brass at the time.

Jeepers Creepers

Footage of Fernandez kind of ghosting him on International duty. A few interesting conversations there. Airing your dirty laundry on the Piers Morgan (of all people) show was wrong. Having a go at the top brass fair enough but including ETH has mean't he has lost support from most? As said before it would be different if he was banging them in.

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 15, 2022, 09:00:54 AM
Footage of Fernandez kind of ghosting him on International duty. A few interesting conversations there. Airing your dirty laundry on the Piers Morgan (of all people) show was wrong. Having a go at the top brass fair enough but including ETH has mean't he has lost support from most? As said before it would be different if he was banging them in.
Yeah if he was 10 years younger and at his best people might pick him over ETH but at this stage it's clear Ten Haag is the future and seems to be building something, no brainer back him over the 37 year old

NAG1

I dont think Ronaldo or his people really care that he has misread the room on this one, they are engineering a move and will use any tool to do so. Taking aim at the Glazers alone wasn't going to do that as it wouldnt isolate him from the club enough.

Going after ETH and a couple of the previous players will though and he would know this.

Looks like mutual termination of contract making him a free agent come January.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2022, 09:10:36 AM
I dont think Ronaldo or his people really care that he has misread the room on this one, they are engineering a move and will use any tool to do so. Taking aim at the Glazers alone wasn't going to do that as it wouldnt isolate him from the club enough.

Going after ETH and a couple of the previous players will though and he would know this.

Yeah for sure. Wonder where he goes from here, what the financial settlement for the x million he is owed for the rest of his contract.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 09:36:44 AM

Yeah for sure. Wonder where he goes from here, what the financial settlement for the x million he is owed for the rest of his contract.

Surely TF at this stage it isn't about money for CR7!!!

I'd say it's more about CL football and scoring goals in that competition.

Maroon Manc

I made this point, he's making sure he gets his move. Not the right way to go about it but at his age every game is important to him and part of me doesn't blame him. How could anyone trust the Glazers to keep their word and I doubt Ten Hag cares anyway, Ronaldo has done nothing for him but cause him issues.

Important United bring someone in on loan as I doubt there'll get one of their main targets in January, there's going to be a lot of games.

Truth hurts

The comments about Wayne Rooney are really embarrassing for CR7, Piers cannot believe how lucky he is getting this scoop. Seriously is Prince Andrews PR team over Ronaldo lol

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 15, 2022, 09:50:25 AM

I made this point, he's making sure he gets his move. Not the right way to go about it but at his age every game is important to him and part of me doesn't blame him. How could anyone trust the Glazers to keep their word and I doubt Ten Hag cares anyway, Ronaldo has done nothing for him but cause him issues.

Important United bring someone in on loan as I doubt there'll get one of their main targets in January, there's going to be a lot of games.
Ronaldo having a cut at the Glazers is playing to gallery and trying to keep the fans onside.
Did he not know about them when he signed up? Five minutes on google would have told him all he needed to know about what motivates them.

He was happy enough to sign for City and just like the hijack of Alexis Sanchez transfer, Utd engaging in one-upmanship over the neighbours has backfired.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2022, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 15, 2022, 09:00:54 AM
Yeah if he was 10 years younger and at his best people might pick him over ETH but at this stage it's clear Ten Haag is the future and seems to be building something, no brainer back him over the 37 year old
His age is irrelevant.