Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: slow corner back on August 30, 2008, 08:07:06 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 30, 2008, 05:01:11 PM
Stick Scholesey at ff for Armagh and we will be flying.

Rooney was very poor of what I seen - the workrate Tevez got throug hcompared to Rooney was crazy. Just a lull or is something going on?

Roney picked up a virus in Nigeria and was a doubt for the start of the season, I expect he has missed some pre season work and is not at full fitness but is playing since the only alternative is Frazier Campbell. If Berba does sign Rooney may well get a rest, I would not be optimistic about the shape he will be in physically and mentally after two weeks with England. If England get beat in Zagreb ( as I think they will ) the press will be looking for a scapegoat and usually it is a UTD player so it will be either Rooney or Rio to blame. Wes Brown is not high profile enough for the press to slaughter.

Care to provide a few examples of this, and yes when rooney got sent off against portugal, and beckham was sent off against the argies they were at fault!!!

J70

Rooney was very poor of what I seen - the workrate Tevez got throug hcompared to Rooney was crazy. Just a lull or is something going on?

Roney picked up a virus in Nigeria and was a doubt for the start of the season, I expect he has missed some pre season work and is not at full fitness but is playing since the only alternative is Frazier Campbell. If Berba does sign Rooney may well get a rest, I would not be optimistic about the shape he will be in physically and mentally after two weeks with England. If England get beat in Zagreb ( as I think they will ) the press will be looking for a scapegoat and usually it is a UTD player so it will be either Rooney or Rio to blame. Wes Brown is not high profile enough for the press to slaughter.

Usually a United player?

I thought it was only RTE that had it in for United!

slow corner back

World cup 1998 David Beckham, Euro 2000 Beckham shouted at by Fans and gives them the finger,World cup 2002 Becham and Scholes for missing takles in Brazils half, Euro 2004 Sven gets the blame, World cup 2006 its all Ronaldos fault do you not see a bit of a trend ( apart from Sven ) ?

J70

Quote from: slow corner back on August 30, 2008, 08:29:45 PM
World cup 1998 David Beckham, Euro 2000 Beckham shouted at by Fans and gives them the finger,World cup 2002 Becham and Scholes for missing takles in Brazils half, Euro 2004 Sven gets the blame, World cup 2006 its all Ronaldos fault do you not see a bit of a trend ( apart from Sven ) ?

Ronaldo got the crap for is role in getting Rooney sent off, and rightly so! Beckham did a stupid petulant kick under the ref's nose in '98 and arguably cost them the game against Argentina. Beckham  disgracefully jumped out of a tackle in the lead-up to Ronaldinho's run that set up the first goal. There's no victimization there that I can see, just deserved criticism of players who happened to play for United. It was way over the top in '98, I'll grant you, but these players are also hyped up beyond belief when things are going well too. How much crap have Gerrard and Lampard taken over the past four or five years for England's problems as well?

Norf Tyrone

Ultimately I am sure little of us care, but Lampard gets some unreal stick from the England fans IMHO. He has scored some crucial goals for England, and when a crucial penalty was needed against the Croats Lampard had the balls to step up and score last year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Shouldn't this be on the conspiracy theories thread, but what do you expect from a united fan?! United players take the heat when they balls up because they are hyped (by the media and in Beckham's case his own PR machine) to the heavens before big matches and play in key positions. Criticism of Beckham, Rooney and Ronaldo has been justified on every occassion.

Minder

In fairness SCB thats balls, if i remember right in 2002 Beckham rightly took flak for pulling out of a tackle like a girl but Seaman took as much for Ronaldinhos free kick. Rooney is being criticised because he is not playing well and is not the player many thought he would be when he burst onto the scene. Lampard is usually the one getting the boot into him when England play shite, usually the manager gets it first though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Thats because Rio usually is at fault  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Rooney looked lie he was tryiong to get sent off the other night - that is going to be a problem for him. I would near rather have Tevez than Rooney - the man oozes class.

Shrewdness

Quote from: corn02 on August 31, 2008, 11:53:25 AM
Rooney looked lie he was tryiong to get sent off the other night - that is going to be a problem for him. I would near rather have Tevez than Rooney - the man oozes class.

corn02 sums it up perfectly. For me, it's down to attitude. Tevez is class, whereas Rooney's attitude is that of someone who doesn't give a f**k.

His virus in Nigeria has nothing to do with it. His form towards the end of last season was abysmal.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

magpie seanie

Rooney is always this way when a little short of match fitnees. Tries too hard and gets frutrated and ends up playing terribly. Its just his nature. A goal is needed and he'll be sound. He could do without playing for England at present and to be honest form wise he shouldn't start. I can see things not going well for him in the Croatia game.

Friday showed the vlue of Ronaldo even playing badly. Zenit didn't have to commit 2 men to stopping him and were able to outplay United for long periods without having to focus on the threat posed by Ronaldo.

United have not played well yet this sason except for when they went 2-0 down the other night so the defeat might prove to be a turning point. A lot of lads look a little off full sharpness (Rio, Rooney, Evra, Scholes - all a little short in my eyes at present). Maybe this was the kick in the hole needed. Better to happen in the Super Cup final than in the CL or the Prem.

Berbatov is needed though I suspect it won't happen (money not available).

FermPundit

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 31, 2008, 04:02:20 PM

The journalists on Sunday Supplement (sky sports) this morning all thought the Berbatov transfer was a done deal. Spurs are only holding the whole thing up because they don't want to appear weak after Daniel Levy's accusations of United tapping Berbatov up a few weeks ago.

Berbatov would be an excellent signing but I'm not 100% sure he's the type of striker we need. He's very similar in style to Tevez and Rooney. I was watching Real Madrid tonight and Van Nistlerooy scored again . He's just the type of guy we need up front. It's just a pity things turned sour between himself and Fergie a few seasons ago.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Uladh

Quote from: FermPundit on August 31, 2008, 11:13:49 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 31, 2008, 04:02:20 PM

The journalists on Sunday Supplement (sky sports) this morning all thought the Berbatov transfer was a done deal. Spurs are only holding the whole thing up because they don't want to appear weak after Daniel Levy's accusations of United tapping Berbatov up a few weeks ago.

Berbatov would be an excellent signing but I'm not 100% sure he's the type of striker we need. He's very similar in style to Tevez and Rooney. I was watching Real Madrid tonight and Van Nistlerooy scored again . He's just the type of guy we need up front. It's just a pity things turned sour between himself and Fergie a few seasons ago.

Have i been looking at a different player all this time?