Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Unbeaten run still intact. 😎

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on April 04, 2017, 09:44:46 PM
Man Utd are very poor this season.
So much for the special one
Poor in the last two games for sure however as the season goes United were worse the previous few seasons. Harder to beat now and better to watch but too many draws. Those draws could be turned into wins next season if the big Swede is assisted with a scoring forward.

screenexile

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 04, 2017, 10:25:16 PM
Poor in the last two games for sure however as the season goes United were worse the previous few seasons. Harder to beat now and better to watch but too many draws. Those draws could be turned into wins next season if the big Swede is assisted with a scoring forward.

The big 35-yr old Swede. Imagine if United had him 10 years ago.

gallsman

I'm not sure his ego would have sat too well alongside Ronaldo's.

yellowcard

Too many crosses and long balls tonight particularly second half. I think a CL spot through the league is unlikely now, all the focus should now be on the Europa League which is very winnable.

gawa316

Is having Ibrahimovic negatively affecting the way united play? He's obviously having a great season but everything seems to go through him and as a result nobody else is scoring...did I read that Mata was the next highest goal scorer with 6?

Or is just cause the rest are having bad seasons, too much chopping and changing, jose's 'don't lose at all costs tactics'?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 04, 2017, 10:40:36 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 04, 2017, 10:25:16 PM

The big 35-yr old Swede. Imagine if United had him 10 years ago.

His scoring form wasnt as high 10 years ago as now. Wasn't he 30 before he scored 30 or more goals in a season and hasn't finished below 30 goals since?
Quote from: gawa316 on April 04, 2017, 11:16:14 PM
Is having Ibrahimovic negatively affecting the way united play? He's obviously having a great season but everything seems to go through him and as a result nobody else is scoring...did I read that Mata was the next highest goal scorer with 6?

Or is just cause the rest are having bad seasons, too much chopping and changing
, jose's 'don't lose at all costs tactics'?

The bit in bold.

oliverkelly

Another bad result, two draws at home when the pressure is on. Honestly mourinho is hopeless offensively what team in the past has he managed that score for free.hes the best in the world defensively but has no in between at the moment. The football is brutel to watch. He's so arrogant and has his favourites how did fellani and lingard let 90 minutes

magpie seanie

21 goals in 16 home games. 9 draws at home this season. Sitting 5th in the league and unlikely now to make the top 4. People can cod themselves all they like about United playing better stuff but realistically only for Ibrahimovic the season would be a disaster. 90 odd million on a guy who thinks he's mucking around in a playground....I was losing the head looking at him hitting stupid balls, giving it away in the latter stages. You can't let people off the hook like that. Jose never criticises him though. Utter bullshit.

Anyway - it's all the players fault though according to Jose. They're not scoring enough goals. I think he needs to look at what he's doing and also his relationship with officials. i've never seen a season with United getting so many bad big decisions and I don't think it's a coincidence. Another attack on Shaw after the game tonight, it's absolutely needless. Kicked him badly a few days ago and the lad comes on and does ok and then crucifies him again. That's the action of a sc**bag, pure and simple. He started bleating about fixtures back in January despite having the most expensive squad ever assembled. He then got rid of two players and another one since. I don't buy this tiredness malarkey - the guy who up to recently (maybe still) who has played the most games is the player of the season.

I thought up until a few weeks ago that Jose was on track but it looks again like he's lost. There's going to be carnage in the summer. Long way to go to win that Europa League....I wouldn't be confident at present.

Captain Obvious

only for Ibrahimovic the season would be a disaster
A timely reminder to that view. Ibrahimovic wouldnt be a Man United player if Mourinho wasn't manager.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 05, 2017, 01:20:32 AM
A timely reminder to that view. Ibrahimovic wouldnt be a Man United player if Mourinho wasn't manager.

That's undoubtedly true. It's bordering on a disaster as it stands though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 05, 2017, 07:57:19 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 05, 2017, 01:20:32 AM

That's undoubtedly true. It's bordering on a disaster as it stands though.

Would winning the Europa cup and getting qualification into champions league be a disaster? as ut stands thats a difficult ask in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 05, 2017, 12:15:13 AM
21 goals in 16 home games. 9 draws at home this season. Sitting 5th in the league and unlikely now to make the top 4. People can cod themselves all they like about United playing better stuff but realistically only for Ibrahimovic the season would be a disaster. 90 odd million on a guy who thinks he's mucking around in a playground....I was losing the head looking at him hitting stupid balls, giving it away in the latter stages. You can't let people off the hook like that. Jose never criticises him though. Utter bullshit.

Anyway - it's all the players fault though according to Jose. They're not scoring enough goals. I think he needs to look at what he's doing and also his relationship with officials. i've never seen a season with United getting so many bad big decisions and I don't think it's a coincidence. Another attack on Shaw after the game tonight, it's absolutely needless. Kicked him badly a few days ago and the lad comes on and does ok and then crucifies him again. That's the action of a sc**bag, pure and simple. He started bleating about fixtures back in January despite having the most expensive squad ever assembled. He then got rid of two players and another one since. I don't buy this tiredness malarkey - the guy who up to recently (maybe still) who has played the most games is the player of the season.

I thought up until a few weeks ago that Jose was on track but it looks again like he's lost. There's going to be carnage in the summer. Long way to go to win that Europa League....I wouldn't be confident at present.

He dug Shaw out again and tbf I thought he was very poor when he came on, not once did he go past the opposing full back, turned inside every time and laid off an easy ball. I think his reaction to Young coming off tells you all you need to know about his attitude to Shaw, JM threw his arm around Young and walked him off right in Shaw's face. Safe to assume he will be shifted if there isnt a big change in attitude on both sides.

Valencia was definitely missed but it showed the lack of impact from Rashford and Linegard in the wider areas that the FB was so badly missed.

I think a summer clear out is inevitable, it reminded me of a lot of the game under LVG when possession wasnt a problem but hurting opposing teams where it counts was. JM is smart enough to realise the problem with the team and I think he will turn it around.

Over the Bar

Quote from: NAG1 on April 05, 2017, 09:34:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 05, 2017, 12:15:13 AM

He dug Shaw out again and tbf I thought he was very poor when he came on, not once did he go past the opposing full back, turned inside every time and laid off an easy ball. I think his reaction to Young coming off tells you all you need to know about his attitude to Shaw, JM threw his arm around Young and walked him off right in Shaw's face. Safe to assume he will be shifted if there isnt a big change in attitude on both sides.

Valencia was definitely missed but it showed the lack of impact from Rashford and Linegard in the wider areas that the FB was so badly missed.

I think a summer clear out is inevitable, it reminded me of a lot of the game under LVG when possession wasnt a problem but hurting opposing teams where it counts was. JM is smart enough to realise the problem with the team and I think he will turn it around.

If he ships out talent like Rashford and Martial instead of developing them to reach their undoubted potential he deserves to be sacked.